never used, my emails are on the laptop and this is the only thing i search usually.
    04-21-14 11:03 AM
    I never do but I find everything pretty easy to find anyways. I would rather my music be there as well

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 11:07 AM
    Never used it, I only use the search feature in the hub once in a while. Would be nice if we could change the bottom icons on the home screen

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-21-14 11:08 AM
    I use it to find apps... Cause it's such a mess. I have no idea where my apps are

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 and anon(4044683) like this.
    04-21-14 11:08 AM
    I use it all the time especially to find apps that I want to use... search BBW directly or email/bbm quick.. try it you'll like it and really have a true appreciation for it!

if I need soundhound in a hurry.. instead of looking for it in folders with Shazam etc. .. I just type in "so" in search and it there..

if I need to search an app in blackberry world.. I just type in "bl" and "Blackberry World search" comes up and I click on it and type the app or game I'm looking for...

same with text and bbm..

Again, I use it all the time and find it extremely useful...
    04-21-14 11:38 AM
    Yep, lots....one of my favorite features now. I didn't use it the first few months I had my phone, but after reading on the forums how useful people found it, I gave it a try. Can be used many different ways depending on user needs.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 11:59 AM
    I don't use it, never really felt the need for it.
    04-21-14 12:53 PM
    I think people think its just used to search for items. You can post to your facebook status very quickly or tweet also without actually opening the apps. If they knew all the things that were capable of using the 'search' button they might use it more.
    NinjaB and Toodeurep like this.
    04-21-14 12:54 PM
    I have but I hate that it opens another app and then stays open itself so when done there are now 2 windows to close.
    This right here. It needs a smoother implementation. Having said that, I do use it in it's current state. It's better than searching through the phone manually.
    04-21-14 01:02 PM
    Lifesaving for those of us with a large number of documents to sort through daily.

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    NinjaB likes this.
    04-21-14 01:09 PM
    I have used it lot. People tend to miss on thumbnail shortcuts which it creates with time when you search.
    04-21-14 01:18 PM
    Try it, you will become more efficient. Its the same as the Q10 search, it's awesome!

Posted via CB10
    NinjaB likes this.
    04-21-14 01:21 PM
    Never. It would be better if it was a home button.
    04-21-14 01:25 PM
    I haven't much in the past, but I do now. I had forgotten how useful it is for sending messages to people I don't communicate with every day. Instead of searching through tons of text messages to find the last time I contacted them, or, God forbid, using the contacts app, it was recently posted how easy it is to use the search function to accomplish these types of tasks quickly. I am now using it more than I ever have before, and feel a little foolish for not taking advantage of it sooner. Just another example of how well BB10 performs when understood properly.
    04-21-14 01:35 PM
    Almost never used it. I know exactly where things are most of the time.
    04-21-14 01:43 PM
    I use search while in the HUB sometimes.
    04-21-14 02:06 PM
    Never. It would be better if it was a home button.
    A home button on the home screen?
    raw_dog, pooar and stevobbm like this.
    04-21-14 02:29 PM
    I use it everyday, every time!!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 02:39 PM
    I use the instant search on my Q to post facebook statuses or play a specific song but other than that I hardly use it at all.

Posted without the help of AutoCorrect. Q10, 10.2.1.2174
    04-21-14 02:53 PM
    I have but I hate that it opens another app and then stays open itself so when done there are now 2 windows to close.
    Me too, otherwise the search is great!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 02:55 PM
    I use mine to search Google

BBM Pin: 2AD489F0
    Smartie020 likes this.
    04-21-14 02:58 PM
    I don't use it either. Only time it's been opened is when I accidentally hit it. Just not a feature I need. I too would like to be able to customize the bottom app choices.
    04-21-14 03:25 PM
    Never, I see no use for it because it takes longer for me to find things that way
    odd, I find it the other way- at least for the things i use most... I'll admit not for everything cuz certain things are faster through search or faster by just going to it the normal way.. so i guess it depends on what you look for most so in general i prefer search, especially for documents/notes, which is what I search most...

I think people think its just used to search for items. You can post to your facebook status very quickly or tweet also without actually opening the apps. If they knew all the things that were capable of using the 'search' button they might use it more.
    THIS. x10!

Many people don't take advantage of the actionable searches, some don't even know it's there... bing/google, twitter, foursquare, maps, bbw, call, text, whine, evernote, etc, etc....

Another point that affects my decision isn't just speed/number of motions (swipes or taps) to get something done, but also ease... so in other words, even if both methods can get a task done in 5 motions, one might require easier motions... for instance, for texting someone who's not in ur contact favorite; sometimes just typing 6 letters on the keyboard, a la search, could be easier than opening contact app and finding person's letter for their name on quick list, hitting, then selecting text, even though that is technically only 4 or 5 motions depending if you're starting on the app screen or homescreen...
    04-21-14 04:41 PM
    I tweet from the search function, find PDFs, play music, etc. I like it.

I like it a lot.

Posted via a flick of my thumb
    04-21-14 04:43 PM
    Personally, I find it quite useful and handy. It works for me and presumably many others as well.
    Z10 continues to rock!!!
    04-21-14 04:56 PM
98 1234