I am curious to know with all these jam sessions will the Crackberry community get an idea what to expect the developers are working on and seeing what they have in terms of apps/games come launch?

Look at MS and WP8. Draw Something and Words with Friends have been announced.

I know this is comparing apples to oranges, but in the video game industry the gamers know well in advance of the actual hardware what new games will be available during the launch window of that particular company.
    06-22-12 02:33 PM
    All we can be assured of are the current PB apps. I am sure there will be more and some bigger names available at launch. RIM will need a great deal more support than they are currently getting to make BB10 a success
    06-23-12 06:12 AM
    I am curious to know with all these jam sessions will the Crackberry community get an idea what to expect the developers are working on and seeing what they have in terms of apps/games come launch?

Look at MS and WP8. Draw Something and Words with Friends have been announced.

I know this is comparing apples to oranges, but in the video game industry the gamers know well in advance of the actual hardware what new games will be available during the launch window of that particular company.
    This falls under the premature announcements that would steal BB10's thunder if revealed now.
    Yes there need to be a few key ones from day one but like everything else now is not the time to play their hand, esp as they obviosuly need to be in talks with those that still have not yet signed up. So although the list of apps may not be ready for prime time it should be a work in progress until launch day.
    In any event RIM cannot stop plugging at it, ever.
    Last edited by Blackberry_boffin; 06-23-12 at 06:37 AM.
    06-23-12 06:32 AM
    As long as there are at least 15 fart apps, success is assured.

But seriously, I don't expect many great apps initially. It takes time to develop those. If customers see more and better apps appear, they will mostly have patience.
    Last edited by jrohland; 06-23-12 at 06:41 AM.
    06-23-12 06:34 AM
    As long as there are at least 15 fart apps, success is assured.

But seriously, I don't expect many great apps initially. It takes time to develop those. If customers see more and better apps appear, they will mostly have patience.
    Yes..because that's what customers want. To come on board and wait for apps..

And if RIM is holding out on Netflix and other big apps for the BB10 announcement, instead of getting it into Playbook owners hands..I'd expect a riot..
    06-23-12 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD