i just got my bb 900 bold and also one for my wife. i was told by at&t that i could use it as a wireless modem for my laptop. i m an over the road truck driver and have a hard time finding those free wifi spots from time to time and thought if i could get that from my bb it would be cool.needless to say at&t told me wrong and wants me to spend an xtra $60 per line a month for a tethering plan.i just cant see it. my dad bought a htc fuse and downloaded a program called "walking hotspot" from a .com website of the same name. they do not cater to bb and i m having trouble finding out someone who knows more about what im looking for. this program he has lets you connect up to 5 computers wirelessly using his phone as a hotspot. does anyone know of a program like this for the bb bold 9000. please excuse the ignorance and bad spelling,like i said im a truck driver.contact me here or at [email protected]
    thanks for the invite into your world and hope to be able to share my stories with everyone.
    05-04-10 09:59 PM
    please excuse the ignorance and bad spelling,like i said im a truck driver
    Ignorance and poor spelling have nothing to do with being a truck driver. That's actually a rather offensive assertion.

Anyhow, now that we have that out of the way, you can go to tether.com and purchase Tether. It is a program that charges a one-time fee and enables you to circumvent your carriers monthly tethering fee. However, you should be aware that this violates ATT's Terms of Service.

This app works great, and I highly recommend it. I know it works well for what you are needing, because I use it, and I, too, am an over the road truck driver.

To answer your other question, there isn't an app that will turn a BlackBerry into a WiFi hotspot. Tether provides access to one pc at a time through a Blackberry, either via bluetooth or usb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 11:07 PM
    By the way, you didn't sound ignorant at all. I think you did a fine job articulating your questions. Everyone here is at a different level with their knowledge of all things BlackBerry, so don't ever feel hesitant to ask questions. We come from all walks of life and all parts of the world.

Welcome to CrackBerry! We're glad to have you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 11:54 PM
    thanks for the help guys.i just figured since htc had some stuff maybe bb did to.i have 30 days to decide if i want to keep it or not.i m trying the tether.com thing on a trial basis.we will see how it goes.thanks again.i'll keep in touch.
    05-05-10 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD