04-08-09 08:57 PM
41 12
tools
    First time poster! I've had my pearl for about two weeks and have walked into a pole and 2 people so far.I just can't leave it alone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 09:08 AM
    Bypassed issues and went straight to subscriptions, did we? Don't worry, you'll either adapt or walk into an open manhole, and then who knows where you'll end up?

03-24-09 09:23 AM
    I do it almost on a daily basis. Yes, I know it's sad.

03-24-09 09:26 AM
    There is a video on youtube about this... I'll have to look it up when I'm not at work, it was quite funny
    03-24-09 09:47 AM
    No but I almost hit people in my car !

03-24-09 09:57 AM
    Lol never done that yet. I'm usually careful with all this
    03-24-09 10:12 AM
    I have yet to walk into anybody. I am very careful about when and where I use my blackberry, so that I do not hurt anybody, or myself from the distraction.
    03-24-09 10:13 AM
    I tend to know what is just ahead of me while I'm typing. So I'm usually bobbin and weavin, avoiding people and objects!

03-24-09 10:16 AM
    First time poster! I've had my pearl for about two weeks and have walked into a pole and 2 people so far.I just can't leave it alone

There is a video on youtube about this... I'll have to look it up when I'm not at work, it was quite funny

You need the Blackberry Helmet!!!

03-24-09 10:17 AM
    Yeah I saw that vid a few weeks ago and it is friggen hilarious!!!

03-24-09 10:24 AM
    Haha I have almost walked into a little kid at the mall and almost been hit by a car while trying to change the song when I was joggin around my hood.
    03-24-09 10:32 AM
    You need the Blackberry Helmet!!!

That's the vid I was looking for!

Great vid
    03-24-09 10:35 AM
    That's exactly what I need!

03-24-09 10:54 AM
    LMAO I'm pretty sure I --should-- have walked into something, however, I've been a cell phone addict since I was 16, I have the "walk and text" function down. XD
    03-24-09 11:08 AM
    I have great peripheral (sp?) vision thank God. I can see a pretty good range around my bb and I look up frequently. I hate the feeling of OMG I'M AN ***** that comes with walking into things... I know this feeling all to well from just being my clumsy self!
    03-24-09 11:43 AM
    No, not as of yet...
    03-24-09 11:45 AM
    I walked into a door at work one of the first days i had my blackberry. But i played it off like nothing happened, so its cool.......right?
    03-24-09 12:07 PM
    I walked into a door at work one of the first days i had my blackberry. But i played it off like nothing happened, so its cool.......right?
    of course it's cool!
    03-24-09 12:13 PM
    Dude I've walk into doors, chairs, and tables at the office all the time
    03-24-09 12:14 PM
    I only walk into people when I'm on my Pearl and wearing a hat. Can't see anything over it
    03-24-09 12:17 PM
    rotflmfao at that video... it is hilarious.
    03-24-09 12:26 PM
    Nope, with over 40 years of practice, I have so far managed to walk and read a book at the same time. This has carried over to Curve usage as well, since getting my Curve, I have yet to walk into anyone or anything while using my BB. If foot traffic starts to pickup around me, I just move out of the way or park myself near a wall/pole/trash can or find a seat.

Text message tunnel vision tends to be a problem for some people, and it makes people watching a little more interesting in the malls, <evil grin> as you watch people (groups of them even) walk into signs or doors, trip over strollers and stumble over waist high kids.

Have even seen a few people walk with a friend or gf/wife/bf, they both stop because the one not engrossed in the txting is looking at something, then the texter notices movement and start walking away with someone else, only to be snapped out of their texting fog, by their SO/Friend calling their name.

I think I'm lucky in that I don't get tunnel vision, unless I'm involved in a really intense gaming session. Hours can fly by during those marathon gaming session!
    03-24-09 01:07 PM
    Yes, people, all the time.
    03-24-09 01:29 PM
    I look like a football player going though the line bobbing and weaving lol
    03-24-09 01:34 PM
    I do ALL the time.
    I always get so into whatever im doing. Whether its playing games, msging, or watching videos (Heroes haha) i use my phone almost 24/7.
    03-24-09 01:38 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD