This may seem like a dumb question, but everyone I run into or that are in my family in this age category (and outside) have gone team android or team iPhone (but mostly team android as most of my family don't like the iPhone).
    So I'm just curious, as to if there are even a few BB owners in this category.
    Whether your BB is for business or for personal use.
    09-22-12 12:05 PM
    You're right, it is a dumb question, sorry.

I personally know a few.

Si.
    09-22-12 12:11 PM
    This may help you answer the question.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...b-user-714956/
    09-22-12 12:16 PM

I personally know a few.

Si.
    No. The question is not dumb but your reply is.

And while I'm not aware of any research about this, OPs observation is true for my family and friends... The ones using BB are >30 while all <30 are using Android or iphone.
    09-22-12 12:21 PM
    My first smartphone was at age of 18. It was the Android HTC Magic, or T-Mobile MyTouch, as they called it. At age of 19 I went AT&T and met my now Ex, the white BB Torch 9800. I turned 20 and upgraded to a sexy black Bold 9900. I just turned 21 and kept my 9900. I have no current plans to abandon BlackBerry.
    09-22-12 12:23 PM
    I think that about says it right there, no need for more really
    09-22-12 12:26 PM
    That's not an accurate representation. All you have there is a representation of what age groups frequent Crackberry.
    jegs2 likes this.
    09-22-12 12:33 PM
    I think the original poster makes a very valid observation.

Alas, the number of BBs I see in the wild over here in the UK is becoming less and less (no matter what reports might say) and the 20 to 30 age group seems to have moved in its totality to the iPhone and/or Android.

I'm doing my best to keep the flame of BB alive until BB10 is launched as I'm hoping this will turn things round in a dramatic fashion.

Yes, we all probably know a few people in that age group who have a BB, but come on, you have to admit it, the OP is probably right.
    09-22-12 12:39 PM
    That's not an accurate representation. All you have there is a representation of what age groups frequent Crackberry.
    What can I say? It was on the same site that the OP posted the question. To revise my post I would say I don't not know of any scientific study that is related specifically to the subject mater in question.
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-22-12 12:41 PM
    Damn right 28! Rocking the BB since my early 20s! And will continue until I'm on my death bed eh
    St_Deborah likes this.
    09-22-12 12:52 PM
    What can I say? It was on the same site that the OP posted the question. To revise my post I would say I don't not know of any scientific study that is related specifically to the subject mater in question.
    Didn't mean to sound like I was giving you a hard time about it. Just wanted to clarify that it's not an accurate representation.
    09-22-12 01:02 PM

I personally know a few.

Si.
    Didn't ask for attitudes. You didn't have to respond. Thanks.
    09-22-12 01:07 PM
    No. The question is not dumb but your reply is.

And while I'm not aware of any research about this, OPs observation is true for my family and friends... The ones using BB are >30 while all <30 are using Android or iphone.
    Thank you. Lol.
    09-22-12 01:08 PM
    I'm not aware of any research myself either. However the observation seems to be untrue with my family. Few under 30s using BB, but mostly Android or Windows Phone here. >30s seem to be Android/iPhone (exception, my dad, he has a Lumia after my TITAN appealed to him)
    09-22-12 01:15 PM
    A study can oftentimes misrepresent, so I just thought I'd ask real people what they use. I'm sure there is some kind of demographic study out there. (Have not clicked the link above, but I'm going to). As previously mentioned, the people I know or have met in passing in that age group, don't use BBs. I'm not bashing the Blackberry, as I'm actually for RIM and even the return of it's rising. It actually sucks that all of my uses- email, contacts, calendar, FAMILY, kind of have me sort of lodged in to android (And I'm not even a fan of Google. - lol). I'll be glad to return, but that is not the topic.
    09-22-12 01:18 PM
    I am 22 soon 23 and I have been using bb since the BlackBerry Torch 9800 have been released in stores. i am now using a BB Bold 9900 and own a PlayBook 64GB wifi only model. As long as RIM/BlackBerry is around, I will be using BB as my primary device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CrackBerry Forums app
    09-22-12 01:22 PM
    Im 27 and using 9900, and playbook... At 28 ill be using bb10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-22-12 01:30 PM
    i'm 27 and i still do
    09-22-12 01:44 PM
    Didn't ask for attitudes. You didn't have to respond. Thanks.
    Hey! You said it was a dumb question, I was just agreeing with you!

If you can't take a joke, I'd suggest not setting yourselves up for one. And possibly growing up a bit.

Christ, some people !!!

Si.
    09-22-12 02:06 PM
    I think that about says it right there, no need for more really
    actually that poll just asks what age someone is. i'd like to see the poll have the option of 'not currently a bb user' or 'what age did you switch'

the question is valid, and the poll is deeply flawed.
    09-22-12 02:22 PM
    actually that poll just asks what age someone is. i'd like to see the poll have the option of 'not currently a bb user' or 'what age did you switch'

the question is valid, and the poll is deeply flawed.
    How about starting a new poll?
    09-22-12 02:26 PM
    I'm 28, and my BB is for personal use. I didn't really need a BB, but got it mainly for 2 reasons:

- Grew tired of android's crashes, hang-ups and lousy battery live;

- Always saw BBs as a phone to get stuff done, when needed, instead of a toy which I'm constantly messing with.
    St_Deborah, netwerx1 and Hgouck like this.
    09-22-12 02:32 PM
    next year ill be 20 and ill fit that category!
    09-22-12 02:35 PM
    im 21 and still love/use blackberries, most of the people in my city (midlands, uk) have them especially the college (16-18 year olds) age kids and university students, we mostly have blackberries and samsungs/htc and galaxys floating about here with the occasional iphone.
    09-22-12 03:11 PM
    Well....I think in 08 I started off with a 9000 Bold, I was 21 years old. Forward to now I'm 25 and on a 9900.
    09-22-12 03:41 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD