The one improvement I'm hoping for in version 4.0 is an increase in re-routing performance. If I wind up off the original route and it has to be recalculated, I've often driven past the intersection where a turn is required before it can tell me to turn there. This is particularly annoying in an urban area with many intersections.
    09-15-08 11:17 PM
    So does anybody have an 'in' with VZW to get an official release date? It appears as if the date has been slipping further and further out as the months progress. VZW...HELP US PLEASE!!
    09-16-08 05:51 AM
    I had an online chat with vzw and called customer service. Neither one provided any details on 4.0. they actually both said "they didn't know" after I started to puch them on details. (kind of funny)
    09-16-08 08:37 AM
    The one improvement I'm hoping for in version 4.0 is an increase in re-routing performance. If I wind up off the original route and it has to be recalculated, I've often driven past the intersection where a turn is required before it can tell me to turn there. This is particularly annoying in an urban area with many intersections.
    I do wonder if the BB's (or others) have the processing power, particularly, if they have to rely on remote DATA to do this fast enough??? The maps are on a separate site and must be "retrieved" or read at that site and then the info transmitted back to the phone. My standalone TomTom really shines in this type of situation - sometimes it is quite annoying how fast it reacts when I travel off-route - that is I pass the intersection it wants and it nags me to correct my route.

Maybe this should be posted as a separate question - how fast can the BB's react and fix a route mistake?
    09-16-08 08:58 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD