Hey all i have been using a bb for about a year and i kove my device ( eventhough i gave it up for a treo 750 for a few days )
    dont hold that against me

i keep getting this email from rim
    " This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an
    associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it
    will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 115
    AWiOFWsAAAAAIBAIMjQwQzg1RTQgGG1vdmVrd2lrMjAwMkBjb2 1jYXN0Lm5ldABgtWRWUAVD
    TUlNRQNAgICAgDIAADBDODAxMzgwNytHK3MA0/LDBE690h0KIsuuzBXgPQAZTSuuriwFHk8W
    fgDbuNAsZw!!
    ENDETP 1468587372

i get it about every 2-10 minutes my inbox at comcast is pack with 7000+ emails

can any one give me any info
    12-19-07 09:24 PM
    I know what it is.

You have Blackberry Redirector running on your computer. Whatever email client is connected with the calendar and contacts that you sync with, it is sending those messages to your account. You must have that account pushed to your bb and you must be running Blackberry Redirector as well. You can try disabling Redirector and see if that works, that's what was happening to me and that fixed it.
    12-19-07 11:48 PM
    12-20-07 12:12 AM
    If you open up the attachment (etp.dat) using notepad, and look at the first 20 characters, you'll see a PIN number...compare this against your PIN. If it matches, then its your BB that is generating these. If its another PIN, than its someone elses (a friend/co-worker).

You will need to delete the Desktop[CMIME] service book from your BB. IF you are on a BES, you will probably have to reactivate. If you are not on a BES, delete all the other "Desktop" service books too. (Option/advanced options/service books)

Then go into Options/advance options/message services and make sure that the "messaging(cmime)" is set to your primary email.

Also, a bit of bad news....if it is your PIN number in that etp.dat file, most of the emails you sent from your BB never made it to their recipients.

and lastly, if you are not on a BES, when you connect to DTM, don't allow it to regenerate encryption keys for you...this is the ultimate cause of the problem...you can remove/reinstall DTM and choose the option for BIS and you won't have the problem again.
    12-20-07 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD