I have searched and have not found this. On my old Palm TX, even with the standard version of dtg, I could CREATE Documents as well as view and edit them. Will this come out with the official os 4.5 release? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 02:38 PM
    I have searched and have not found this. On my old Palm TX, even with the standard version of dtg, I could CREATE Documents as well as view and edit them. Will this come out with the official os 4.5 release? Thanks!

Docs to Go is available for the 4.5 OS
    06-15-08 02:46 PM
    Doc to go is on the 4.5, but only word and power point. It is disappointing, but excel is not on it.
    06-15-08 02:56 PM
    Docs to Go is available for the 4.5 OS
    Garz in 4.5 can you edit as well as view? I thought it was only view.
    06-15-08 02:57 PM
    Garz in 4.5 can you edit as well as view? I thought it was only view.
    I'm not sure. I haven't added via DM yet. I was just stating it was available with 4.5 but you may be right.
    06-15-08 03:00 PM
    No problem. I only asked because it was part of the OP's question, and I didn't keep 4.5 long enough to know.
    06-15-08 03:02 PM
    Excel will be there soon, so I hear, but only in this forum.

Personally I think it shameful that RIM does not release the full version of DocsToGo that allows full Office document manipulation with OS 4.5.

WIndows Mobile has it and so does the Palm so why not the Blackberry. We are getting a raw deal here. A lawyer friend once told me 'You are getting screwed without the benefit of being laid.' This is exactly how I feel on this issue.

I want a smartphone that is not only smart but functional too. I need a phone that can create, edit, delete and view Word, Excel and Powerpoint files. I also need to view pdf files too. The Blackberry is a business phone and I'm in business. Where are my tools? Sure I can buy them and, they are tax deductible but I should not have to.
    Last edited by Pete6; 06-15-08 at 03:07 PM.
    06-15-08 03:04 PM
    Pete, I completely agree. In my profession I live and die by Excel, Word, Pdf's and Email. And so far the only thing RIM has excelled (no pun intended) at is email. With the number of business users utilizing the BB you'd think they'd have gotten this done.

And now with the focus on the consumer market, I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
    06-15-08 03:18 PM
    I know I can view and edit, but can I create Documents?

06-15-08 03:29 PM
    I've got 4.5.0.42 on my 8310 and you can only view Word and Powerpoint docs. When you try to create a new document, it prompts you to buy the upgraded version of DTG. Lame! That, along with a memory leak, is causing me to go back to 4.2.2.194.
    06-15-08 06:26 PM
    Yeah. I could create docs on my tx without paying. But other than that 4.5 worked out for me.

06-16-08 04:23 AM
    I don't know if this was a fluke or not, but someone said in this post that they just did a DTG Check for Updates and got the Premium edition for free. The user was running a very recent beta version of 4.5 at the time.
    06-16-08 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";