Greetings Crackberry nation! As the title says, I wonder if y'all use more than 1 blackberry on a daily basis, or frequently, and how do you use them.

I had a curve 8520 wich I recently changed for a storm 2 (Im cool with it) but
    I dont want to keep the 8520 collecting dust, so I was wondering how to keep working my 8520 (more than a spare device) and I was thinking about use it as a wifi only device, for example.

any ideas?

thanks in advance
    peace!
    08-29-11 09:50 AM
    I have a mytouch4g and a bb9700 going currently. I generally use my mytouch as my daily and been letting my stepdaughter use the 9700. I am on a family plan though and have 5 phone spread out to various family members and 3 have full data.

You should be able to use your 8520 on wifi, but won't have full access to certain apps and what not. Have to have a data plan for all that.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Johnyprez likes this.
    08-29-11 10:14 AM
    I use the 9900 and the 9300 on a daily basis the 9300 is MOSTLY used for Phone calls and access to the BES, the 9900 is used for BBM, SMS, reading emails, opening and editing attachments, submitting orders via attachments to my head office, web browsing, Podcast listening, and image capturing.

I keep 2 as they are on different networks so I retain coverage in a far greater area than either one could provide on it's own, both give me unlimited numbers of minutes for conversation, nation wide, the 9900 has a 6GB dataplan the 9300 has approximately 300MB (shared 2G plan with 10 users)

as for ideas how you can use a Wifi Only device, apart from an MP3 player, and calculator really I don't see it of much use without a dataplan, and if you don't need to have constant communication I again don't see the need for having 2 BlackBerry's on the same carrier.
    Johnyprez likes this.
    08-29-11 10:17 AM
    I have a 85xx issued for work. And a 9930 personal use

08-29-11 10:28 AM
    I lucked out, instead of having to carry two phones I use my personal BB for work also and my company let's me expense the cost each month. Did not wanna carry two phones and wasn't about to give up my # which I've had for over 15yrs !

08-29-11 12:04 PM
    I lucked out, instead of having to carry two phones I use my personal BB for work also and my company let's me expense the cost each month. Did not wanna carry two phones and wasn't about to give up my # which I've had for over 15yrs !

You are lucky!

I know many company's that allow you to use your personal phone, but require you to sign over your number upon termination, (usually for employees were customers/vendors/clients contact the user directly via mobile phone)

When I took over my company phone there was already 100+ people who had the number and were calling it for service, the person to eventually take over the number from me will have about 400 people who have the number in their phones/company directories,
    and on The BlackBerry side of things my Corporate BlackBerry has Business only BBM contacts, those who have grown to be more than Just Business contacts ALSO have my Personal PIN for Personal BBM, and a personal email and Mobile phone number to contact me while I am on vacation if needed.
    08-29-11 12:19 PM
    "Do you use more than 1 blackberry on a daily basis?"
    No, one is more than enough. I have other better things to do most of the time.
    08-29-11 12:20 PM
    I'm on my 9800 but I still use my 9700.
    Especially for listening to music, play games, browse the net, watch youtube videos and for apps that only use the wifi such as twitter.

08-31-11 10:59 AM
    9700 for work (company phone)
    9900 for personal use..

i like to keep them seperate.. big brother is always watching ; >
    08-31-11 02:31 PM
    i had a 9530 that i mostly use as a regular phone for my contract line n a 9700 with my PAYG data plan with separate network
    08-31-11 02:42 PM
    i use the BlackBerry Bold 9650 and the BlackBerry PlayBook.

08-31-11 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD