View Poll Results: I use a legacy BlackBerry (pre-BB10) device because:

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I choose to. It's the device that best fits me and fulfills my requirements in a smartphone.

3 100.00%
  • I have to. (My employer makes me use it, it's all I can afford, etc.)

0 0%
    There seem to be many who think the vast majority of legacy BB owners are only using them because their employers make them or other such reasons. Are they right? Let's put the question to the community.

Legacy BlackBerry users, do you use a legacy BlackBerry (pre BB10) because you want to? Why?
    08-20-14 02:33 PM
    Yes I do still use my Bold 9900 because I want to,its a great device for communication

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:02 PM
    My wife still uses her 9900. She won't use anything else.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    08-20-14 03:46 PM
    Yes I still have my curve next to my q10 as a secondary phone. I love the keyboard. And now after apps are becoming like good old flipper games of our childhood I don't really see any more difference between the two (software wise).

Powered by Blackberry
    08-20-14 05:45 PM
    Yup !! I have a spare Sim card recently and I tried my luck with my old Curve 8900. I still love using it. Just a little not used to the non-touch-screen as I've been using a touch screen BB since the launch of Torch? 9800.

SinSim, posted via CB10
    08-20-14 05:53 PM
    I am using, still using blackberry because I love to use it!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 06:50 PM
    Still using my 9900 because I want to. Although more as a backup/secondary phone nowadays because the keyboard is conking out. Will keep using it until it becomes completely unusable. The Q10 is my current primary phone but I love my 9900 more. I'm actually thinking of buying a new 9900.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:11 PM
    I guess I should answer my own question, eh?

I'm using a Bold 9930 because I want to!

It's the most amazing mobile communication device I've ever used and really is unique in its design and functionality.

For now, I use an iPod Touch as a secondary device to supplement. But the device I carry on me all the time is my Bold.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 via the CB Forums app
    takeoutbox likes this.
    08-21-14 07:52 AM
    The girls liked my Curve 8900, but the ladies love my bold 9930.

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    08-21-14 11:29 AM
    Used my first BlackBerry first half of last year, a 9900. Keyboard started having a mind of its own on the 6th month mark. The os didn't really grow on me and felt ancient. Got back last month with a Q10. Miles apart versus the 9900. BB10 is very intuitive - logical UI and OS. Can't be happier.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:35 PM
    You honestly didn't expect a little bit more votes, on the biggest BlackBerry community site there is?
    Why even start the thread then?

Leaving that aside, you make a very crucial fault in your reasoning:
    There is no real demand for a BBOS device.
    There is a demand for a device that is compliant with the old BES servers the enterprises have bought.

That's an immense difference.

Posted via CB10
    You're ignoring the fact that many people buy a BBOS device (eg a curve) purely for messaging and texting. There are next to no phones on the market that compete with the brilliant keyboard on a legacy BlackBerry device.
    08-26-14 02:19 AM
    The topic of the thread is simple: if you use legacy BBOS, do you use it because you want to or because you have to. It is not an indictment of one OS or another. Keep to the topic; there are other threads for pontificating, and there are no threads for bickering and personal attacks, specifically not this one.

[INFO]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/INFO]
    08-26-14 07:18 AM