i now have a @blackberry.orange.co.uk

i know this is probs v common but i feel special now and wanted to share this and see who else has utilised this brilliant feature of BB's or if you can only do it on certain networks (i know you can on o2...its an @o2email) love it, also forwarded ALL traffic to this address so i can delete the old email off my BB and have this @blackberry email on there only.
    11-27-10 11:58 AM
    I use the BB addy on occasions like when I want to get an email to my phone in a few seconds. I don't use that addy much, because there are a lot more times that I want emails to be available on my PC's and Touch, than I need instant email.
    Last edited by dave1812; 11-27-10 at 02:15 PM.
    11-27-10 12:13 PM
    ya i have my @fido.blackberry.com email but I rarely use it. I already have 2 other email addys that I use frequently. Didn't need another. Like what was said, I sometimes use that when I need something sent to my phone thats spammy, don't care about that email as much haha.

if it was just @blackberry.com id probably use it more, but having the mobile company name in there kinda sucks.
    11-27-10 12:15 PM
    Negative...yahoo and aol are plenty enough for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 12:20 PM
    i have my hotmail account which is forwarded to my blackberry addy so there always available on the pc aswell. really using it for my business cards tbh as @hotmail.co.uk isnt as professional as and @blackberry..imo...and i agree with the comment regarding carrier would be better if it was just blackberry.com...might have to apply for a job with BB just to get that email lol
    11-27-10 12:23 PM
    I use the blackberry one: @bell.blackberry.net
    11-27-10 12:51 PM
    When I was a BB user, I never used the @blackberry address, let alone create one.
    11-27-10 12:55 PM
    I have one. But I never use it. No reason to use it.
    11-27-10 12:56 PM
    I don't. I cannot access that address from a PC so it is completely pointless to me.
    11-27-10 01:27 PM
    I dont see the need for one. Chances are if you have a BB then you've either got a business email address or have your own free address from popular providers.

I just use hotmail and my own personal website address
    11-27-10 01:33 PM
    I don't. I cannot access that address from a PC so it is completely pointless to me.
    Same here.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-27-10 01:35 PM
    I only use it to show off. The address is drmedlin. Lol. Regularly, I use Gmail.

11-27-10 01:38 PM
    I use mine. I like having an email address that can't be accessed on a computer by persons who might get lucky and guess or otherwise defeat my passwords or hack my standard accounts.
    11-27-10 01:52 PM
    I prefer to use my @rogers.blackberry.net, as I like to have my e-mails sent to my phone, I use it more than my computer...but since it's my personal phone I'm selective of who I give the address to, and I have a yahoo e-mail account so that I'm not getting spam and/or 800 e-mails blowing up my phone every day. The yahoo e-mail address is also linked to my phone, but has no notification sound or notification light set to it.
    11-27-10 05:44 PM
    I have globe.ap.blackberry.net and used it as my Personal email address. For my newsletters and private emails only

11-27-10 07:38 PM
    +1

I don't think I've ever created one, and if I have, I don't know what it is to even use.
    11-27-10 07:53 PM
    I use one for filtering. I use it for specific stuff where i dont want to give out my main account.

Im pretty sure the main point of a blackberry address is redirection, not "accessibility". I can access it from my pc, its forwaded to gmail where it gets its own label.
    Last edited by gbsn; 11-27-10 at 08:00 PM.
    11-27-10 07:57 PM
    I use it for app registration and when I don't wish to give my main email address out. It doesn't get filtered like my primary, so I always get what I need to come through.

11-27-10 08:02 PM
    I use it for my work email, as my office is way behind the times technologically speaking. We do have @"myoffice".com email addresses, but no BES or any other way to have it directly on the BB, so I have it set to autoforward every email to my Blackberry email address, and anything sent from that address on by BB has my work address in the reply to field and is auto BCC'd to my work address and filtered to the sent folder.

It's a PITA workaround, but it is the best I can get.
    11-27-10 08:03 PM
    I created one for this certain app because that's the only email that they say will be able for me to maximize the use of their app. Turned out I don't really need the app so now I have it but don't do anything useful for me...
    11-27-10 08:18 PM
    I use it when I want to send something directly to my phone. Otherwise, I use primarily separate school, work, and personal email addresses.
    11-27-10 08:41 PM
    Yes, I use it on occasion, sometimes I need something on my phone to forward to another user, while my MS Outlook is opened...it may go there rather than my email on the phone. By directing it ONLY to my BB email, I know it will end up on my phone!
    11-28-10 10:18 AM
    I used to have it on some of my Berries, but now I just use gmail and have my home addy on my 9700.
    11-28-10 01:24 PM
    pilsbury, what happened to your iPhone?
    11-28-10 01:29 PM
    I don't like how it's not really backed up, as opposed to other accounts who are backed up.
    11-28-10 01:29 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD