I use google much more so I deleted BB Maps. I'm wondering how many other people deleted BB Maps and how many still keep it on their device along with google maps even though they may never use it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 05:04 AM
    Not me. I use Google also.
    09-04-08 05:28 AM
    i can't use it since i have VZW

i use vz nav, live search!

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-04-08 at 05:52 AM.
    09-04-08 05:49 AM
    No. Nav4All and TellMe are about all I need

Google Maps has always been way inaccurate, at least for me.
    09-04-08 08:35 AM
    I don't use BB Maps. I use Sprint Navigation by TeleNav - works beautifully.
    09-04-08 08:42 AM
    Amazinggrace,
    I checked out that tellme link. They have two providers to choose from on the homepage; Sprint and Verizon, yet Verizon disables GPS...????? Why would anyone with verizon want this? Looks like a fabulous program though.
    Ps; I don't use gmaps for gps I just use it for eveything else map associated.

09-04-08 09:44 AM
    Amazinggrace,
    I checked out that tellme link. They have two providers to choose from on the homepage; Sprint and Verizon, yet Verizon disables GPS...????? Why would anyone with verizon want this? Looks like a fabulous program though.
    Ps; I don't use gmaps for gps I just use it for eveything else map associated.
    From reading your original post I would say for the same
    reason you as a VZW user are using Google Maps.

You don't get full functionality but it is still extremely useful
    without it. And if you ever get an external GPS receiver or VZW
    unlocks the GPS it will be that much better.
    09-04-08 11:00 AM
    I use google much more so I deleted BB Maps. I'm wondering how many other people deleted BB Maps and how many still keep it on their device along with google maps even though they may never use it

I've done the same thing. Google maps works so well, I just got rid of the BB maps all together.
    09-04-08 11:30 AM
    I use BBMaps in conjunction with Google Maps. Since I'm on Verizon, I use a Freedom Keychain 2000 puck. The puck requires a regular acknowledgement from the device, or it goes into battery-saver mode and drops the bluetooth connection. Google Maps is unable to provide this acknowledgement. Blackberry Maps can. So to run Google Maps, I start Blackberry Maps first, let it sync with the GPS, then exit it without closing it and start Google Maps.

The Freedom Keychain 2000 is the only external GPS puck that I know of that requires a regular heartbeat signal to stay locked.
    09-04-08 11:47 AM
    I use Google maps and Windows Live is also very helpful.
    09-04-08 11:53 AM
    I used both of them but I really only needed them when I was in the car. Since I got my new car and it has navigation. There is no need for either of the maps. And when I screwed up my BB and had to restore it to basic I lost google maps but still got BB maps, I figure I only use it at work when I am REALLY bored, when there is no job for me to do. So then I do ridiculous stuff like see how to get from Milan to Barcelona or different ways around London. (never been to any of those cities )
    09-04-08 12:12 PM
    I don't even think I've opened BB Maps. Google Maps FTW.

Though, judging from what JeffH said, I guess I'll give it a try when my puck arrives.
    09-04-08 12:14 PM
    Well I'm vzw also so no gps. I'm really moving towards getting a puck becuase I use gmaps excluisvely and sometimes when u don't know the are my location doesn't cut it.
    09-04-08 12:51 PM
    A lot of us have the Freedom Keychain 2000. I don't have any hesitation recommending it, but there are other models. There were some positive comments the other day about a GlobalSAT model. You can probably find them by searching the forum.

09-04-08 12:59 PM
    I already had a Garmin before I got my BB so in car I use the Garmin. Haven't really used the Google maps yet (1st time BB owner less than 2 weeks), just for fun I have it find my location, that's really cool.

I agree Google Maps is way better than BB maps.

I think Google Maps will really come in handy for finding things when I'm out, or getting directions quickly since I don't keep my Garmin in the car all the time.
    09-05-08 04:42 AM
    Seeing as Google Maps v2.0 won't work on 4.5 for BES users, I'm back with BB Maps - unless someone can give me an old download, 'cos it's the "Location" piece that doesn't work.
    09-05-08 04:52 AM
    I'm a big fan of Google Maps.
    09-05-08 06:19 AM
    OS 4.5, AT&T, my BBMaps got axed, even when it shows installed.
    09-05-08 08:06 AM
    OS 4.5, AT&T, my BBMaps got axed, even when it shows installed.
    That's a known issue with AT&T. Starting with OS4.5, the previous work-around to use BBMaps no longer works. I have not seen any work-around for OS4.5.
    09-05-08 08:51 AM
    Google Maps for me as well. I find it much more user friendly than BB maps.
    09-05-08 09:00 AM
    Aside from street view what do you guys favor about google?

I've played with both for a while now trying to decide. And I find bbmaps has all the same functions but it's easier to use. Cause the menus are the same as the other bb apps. And alot more streamlined than the google map functions. Plus bbmap gives you the option to send the location/directions by e-mail, text, or pin, witch I find pretty convenient.

If google's street view or traffic worked in my area I may feel differently, and maybe it has features I've yet to find.
    But for me bbmap is just easier and more useful.
    09-20-08 01:15 AM
    No, I use google maps.
    09-20-08 01:54 AM
    I dumped BB Maps early on, but Jeff's post about using the puck is interesting. That may be a route I try some day for fun. Until then, BB Maps is nowhere to be found on my Curve!
    09-20-08 02:14 AM
    Did you delete it completely off?

I dumped BB Maps early on, but Jeff's post about using the puck is interesting. That may be a route I try some day for fun. Until then, BB Maps is nowhere to be found on my Curve!
    09-20-08 02:15 AM
    Ya, it's gone for good
    09-20-08 02:16 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD