how do you guys feel about Verizon opting to make customers pay for the BES data plan using BESx. If you don't care understandable, but for those who thought it would be cheaper or just have input on why verizon did this jump in and comment.

Verizon Wireless to require enterprise level data plan for BESX access? � Boy Genius Report
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 03-14-10 at 09:14 AM.
    03-14-10 09:12 AM
    This is why I'm amazed that Verizon has such a large customer base. They do a lot of things that I consider to be bad. High rates, crippling phones, proprietary software..ect. And don't even get me started on what they do to phones during the approval process. They KILL phones by delaying so much and trying to mold a phone to suit them.

However, I know they have really good coverage, so people that don't live in populated areas benefit. But they do a lot of frustrating things.
    03-14-10 09:18 AM
    how do you guys feel about Verizon opting to make customers pay for the BES data plan using BESx. If you don't care understandable, but for those who thought it would be cheaper or just have input on why verizon did this jump in and comment.
    First off, you are wrong in your perception and may be a Troll.
    Did you not read this from your cited article:
    As with all Corporate email solutions, customers will need a corporate email data plan or feature added to a voice plan to allow access to BESX
    Also from the BB site:
    It provides advanced BlackBerry smartphone features with no additional software or user license fees, and works with any Internet-enabled BlackBerry data plan or a BlackBerry enterprise data plan.
    This is actually for companies who have BB users on BIS plans or are planning on putting employees on BBs. They don't have to buy the licenses for each individual Blackberry they will have connected. Thus it becomes a cost savings vs added expense.
    As for decypher, you are a Troll, jumping in to something you don't understand. Read up on a subject before you offer your tripe!
    Both of you need to go back under your bridges.
    03-14-10 12:52 PM
    This is why I'm amazed that Verizon has such a large customer base. They do a lot of things that I consider to be bad. High rates, crippling phones, proprietary software..ect. And don't even get me started on what they do to phones during the approval process. They KILL phones by delaying so much and trying to mold a phone to suit them.

However, I know they have really good coverage, so people that don't live in populated areas benefit. But they do a lot of frustrating things.
    get your facts straight before making yourself look like a moron
    03-14-10 01:44 PM
    Not sure WHO the morons are here, but CrackberryBrandon is absolutely correct. The original public interpretation has always been that everyone could access the BESX with a $30 personal plan.
    03-15-10 10:45 AM
    Not sure WHO the morons are here, but CrackberryBrandon is absolutely correct. The original public interpretation has always been that everyone could access the BESX with a $30 personal plan.
    Thanks I was starting to think I was crazy. I always thought it would be looked at as if any customer could use it, for small business with friends, or maybe more serious startup business that could not afford the BES plans. Or even individuals.
    03-15-10 10:51 AM
    Everyone is a strong word to use.

I understood BESX to be something on the back-end for IT departments, nothing for the end user.

Hey, the vast majority of users can connect their BBs to their corporate e-mail accounts using BIS. You just won't get push or calendar/contacts sync.

If you want that compatibility, you should have your company provide you with a BB or have them pay the BES. Why would you want to pay for a tool that will keep you in touch with work 24/7?
    03-15-10 11:01 AM
    Yeah, Small Businesses / Startups is the intended audience, and is exactly why we are looking at it. It is a little intense, but doable, for family use if you can get through the $etup of MS Small Business Server. And Eric you are absolutely correct, it is not for the normal end-user to be concerned with.

I think Yahoo's comment was a little bit off on the target audience, since RIM is not trying to reduce their profit. Instead, (In my opinion) just like the Professional s/w that it replaces the BESX is trying to lure new people in from the bottom up.
    Last edited by AmigaDude; 03-15-10 at 11:07 AM.
    03-15-10 11:03 AM
    Nothing in my statement is troll-ish. And I know FIRST HAND what they do to phone manufacturers. Trust me.

I have my facts straight. Lived through it. Have you?

I understand why a lot of people seem to like Verizon. They have the best phone lineup, great coverage, and snazzy marketing campaigns. I get it. But, for me, they do a lot of things wrong...some things that the general public isn't really aware of.

Now, as for this specific issue, if other carriers follow suit, then I think the initial understanding of what RIM is doing may have been wrong. We'll see.
    Last edited by decypher44; 03-15-10 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Too much caffeine causes too many typos!
    03-15-10 12:46 PM
    First off, you are wrong in your perception and may be a Troll.
    Did you not read this from your cited article:

Also from the BB site:

This is actually for companies who have BB users on BIS plans or are planning on putting employees on BBs. They don't have to buy the licenses for each individual Blackberry they will have connected. Thus it becomes a cost savings vs added expense.
    As for decypher, you are a Troll, jumping in to something you don't understand. Read up on a subject before you offer your tripe!
    Both of you need to go back under your bridges.
    Yeah and leave the billy goats alone
    03-15-10 02:44 PM
    I need a little help please to clear some questions with BESX and BIS. I have someone in my office that is connected to BESX on BIS. I happened to be mistaken and went in and changed my plan to BES from BIS so I could connect to BESX. We are both on BESX and it is working great. I wanted to go back in and change back to BIS today and I read this "change" that Verizon was going to start enforcing. My question is once Verizon "enforces" this change, how do they stop you from connecting to BESX? Will those with BIS be automatically disconnected? I am fairly new to the BES/BESX world. Thanks for any help.
    03-15-10 03:22 PM
    My primary device is an iPhone so I'm not to bothered, but I was wondering what the crackberry members opinions were.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 08:47 PM
    I guess I'm a little confused. So if you want to use BESx and you say have a WH2008 server at home you pay $45 a month instead of $30 or can it be done on the $30? I'm with Chester.

And Decypher honestly you're not gonna do nothing but get this thread locked down. Sorry man but just stop.
    03-15-10 08:48 PM
    Have no idea what you guys are going on about, so I'll just leave it alone. I guess sharing actual, personal experience is something that is frowned upon on the VZW forum. I also learned that if I have a different view, I'm a troll. LOL! Touchy people.

You know, I have no idea what I've said that could be considered "wrong". Look at the thread topic. I didn't start this thread. Ad somehow it seems like you guys think I'm on some sort of trollish crusade, all alone, trying to ruin your day. No. And just take a peep at the main page story on this. And check the comments below. I'm being straight and honest. Some of the comments on that one I would say borderline "troll".

PS - The reason I'm looking at the VZW section is because my friend is with Verizon and is thinking of getting a BB. I try to be helpful to my friends and am trying to gather info for him. From now on, I'll just read, and try not to post. I'm really not trying to get into any arguments. Sincerely.
    Last edited by decypher44; 03-16-10 at 07:57 AM.
    03-16-10 07:37 AM
    well let me go ahead, and post this, i knew i wasn't crazy when i thought it was a little jacked up Verizon cranked up the price. this is mainly for Jahoobob who claims im being a troll.

Verizon Customers Forced To Update Data Plans (from BIS to BES) For BESX Usage | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 03-16-10 at 12:17 PM.
    03-16-10 12:14 PM
    Verizon has always required a corporate data feature for any kind of BES access. You want BES access for a BIS plan........so stick with Black Berry Internet Service.

Just because RIM makes a change in how they charge for a product does not mean that companies have to change their long standing policies. Sorry.
    03-16-10 12:45 PM
    This topic is WELL worth debating, but cool it on the troll talk ok? Don't make me bring out my mod stick, or God forbid, Branta's Ban hammer, I DO know how to use that sucker you know.
    03-16-10 01:14 PM
    well let me go ahead, and post this, i knew i wasn't crazy when i thought it was a little jacked up Verizon cranked up the price. this is mainly for Jahoobob who claims im being a troll.
    I don't really see what this has to do with what I said. No where does this say that ALL BIS customers will have to pay BES prices. It says all BIS customers moving to BESx will pay the added $15. Verizon wouldn't do this as it would pretty much end consumer BBs being sold by them as all the other smartphones would have a $30 data plan.

On the other hand if I, as a BIS user, was told I now had to move to BESx and pay the extra money, I would be upset and would drop my plan with 2 BBs and re-up for 2 other smartphones. You can do that as it would be a change in terms that is a contract out.

Again, customers who go to BESx will be paying the same price to get the same features that customers currently on BES are getting. Where is the shaft?
    03-16-10 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD