Every TV ad, or sponsored by xxx is saying sponsored by Blackberry with the RIM logo.
    I have seen this during NFL, NHL and the baseball playoffs.

I understand BB is a more recognizable than RIM, kind of like kleenex is a tissue, etc.

However, some sites list device manufacturer as RIM and others as BB.

Thoughts?
    10-19-09 10:47 AM
    i doubt it, RIM is the company name and Blackberry is the product, who knows maybe one day RIM will come out with more products like a Watch (for the blackberry that was featured on the home page awhile back) or laptop (i doubt it) but ya never know
    10-19-09 11:10 AM
    I know, but with blackberry applies to multiple devices unlike the iphone, etc. Just weird that it changed from what I have seen in the past.
    10-19-09 11:29 AM
    No. Why would they?
    10-19-09 11:34 AM
    ^^ +1, why would they?
    10-19-09 11:38 AM
    As mentioned, BlackBerry is a product of the Rim Corporation. It would be limiting for them to change the name of the company to that of their product. Imagine if they created and tried to market something unrelated to a mobile device, like a vacuum cleaner, most people would see BlackBerry as the manufacturer and expect the new product to be BlackBerry related. I can see the ensuing confusion as a detriment to the new product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 11:49 AM
    I was just surprised that they have sponsored by Blackberry in all of their ads and not sponsored by RIM....
    I understand its a brand, but its not just one device.....

I was just curious of the change. I agree BB is more recognizable. I see a few people that I know of that don't know who RIM is but they own a berry....
    10-19-09 12:09 PM
    I was just surprised that they have sponsored by Blackberry in all of their ads and not sponsored by RIM....
    I understand its a brand, but its not just one device.....

I was just curious of the change. I agree BB is more recognizable. I see a few people that I know of that don't know who RIM is but they own a berry....
    Look at other companies. Do you see sponsered by Chrysler Group LLC or do you see sponsored by Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler? Do you see sponsored by General Motors or do you see sponsored by Chevy Trucks, Cadillac, etc.

Blackberry is a division of Rim and like most other companies, sponsorships come from the divisions of the product they are trying to promote.

I've never seen the Rim logo is any Blackberry adds. I alwasy see them with the BB logo.
    10-19-09 12:33 PM
    Look at other companies. Do you see sponsered by Chrysler Group LLC or do you see sponsored by Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler? Do you see sponsored by General Motors or do you see sponsored by Chevy Trucks, Cadillac, etc.

Blackberry is a division of Rim and like most other companies, sponsorships come from the divisions of the product they are trying to promote.

I've never seen the Rim logo is any Blackberry adds. I alwasy see them with the BB logo.
    Good point about the car reference.
    10-19-09 12:36 PM
    I doubt they would ever change their name, most people think BlackBerry, and think business, work machine, ect, when you say RIM, people don't always put the 2 together, I think that is like Ford, they sell more F150's then anything else, would they change their name to F150?
    10-19-09 01:50 PM
    ^^ +1, why would they?
    + 2
    10-19-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD