Most of smartphone already have it (iPhone, WM, Android, Symbian, WebOS) but not on Blackberry BIS.

I think this is the time to have it.

So we should get real push on exchange server for free like other devices.

Anyone agree with me?
    08-24-09 07:58 AM
    Since you say for free, it's one reason the BB won't support it. Besides, why break what already works great? I don't care what the underlying technology is as long as emails are delivered to the BB in the blink of an eye.
    08-24-09 08:03 AM
    Since you say for free, it's one reason the BB won't support it. Besides, why break what already works great? I don't care what the underlying technology is as long as emails are delivered to the BB in the blink of an eye.
    The free in my comment is mean free for BIS account because if you using OWA Server under BIS you email could delay within 15 min which too long for someone you must pay another $45 for BES to get it push.

RIM get share from operator on everyone BIS account this is reason way we need RIM make it happen.
    08-24-09 08:33 AM
    I don't have access to an exchange server so I am just going to have to make due with google sync regardless.
    08-24-09 08:36 AM
    08-24-09 08:55 AM
    check out AstraSync
    I tried it. it drain my battery.don't like it.
    08-24-09 08:58 AM
    INMHO, BIS sucks in comparison to Activesync, which works instantly and seamlessly with Exchange servers out of the box with support for calendar and contacts. Activesync is the one thing I miss that I had on my last WinMO phone. BES, although I have bever used it, is just as good from the user perspective, but I would have to pay another $15 /mo to get it. Activesync requires no additional cost or monthly charges. I don't need the additional security that BES offers. For me, the dependence on BIS/BES has been the One Big Negative for the blackberry I have. The functionality of the device is otherwise superb and blows WinMo away.
    08-24-09 09:01 AM
    Why would they do that and kill their BES offering? But it kills me that a personal user has so few options. I don't need BES, but I do need 2 way sync with an IMAP account.

Simply having push e-mail is soooo 5 years ago. I now spend twice as much time maintaining my inbox with BIS because I end up having to delete (or mark read) messages in two places.
    Last edited by Hoochie-Coo; 08-24-09 at 10:21 AM.
    08-24-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD