Do any of you take your BB to the beach with you? I live at the beach, and spend lots of time there in the summer. I'm already starting to worry. No way can I imagine taking my curve to the beach with me. I saw a pic of Lindsey Lohan with her blackberry at the beach...and just the sight of it made me nervous.

I guess I could enable call forwarding to the wife's phone for our trips to the beach. Ideas?
    01-18-09 12:32 PM
    i would think if you kept it in a plastic bag or something mostly sealed.. and only used clean hands, probably be alright. maybe use some small bits of tape to seal off charger, headphone jacks or something.

like sex on the beach i'm sure the utmost care must be taken. lol
    01-18-09 12:35 PM
    I do take it to the beach but it stays in my backpack pocket and I check it sometimes only after I have my hands cleaned from sand and water. Mostly I just use it for the time because when I'm at the beach I'm usually in the water or relaxing. You can be extra safe by placing it in a ziplock bag and then in your backpack or they do sell some cases that are waterproof you could use.
    01-18-09 12:37 PM
    Salt, sand and water = disaster

I wouldn't take any chances!
    01-18-09 12:38 PM
    Mine lived there with me last year. And other than me dropping it @ "The Back Porch" restaurant in Destin, FL it was fine. Of course I baby it a lot except for that one time...which was a learning experience for sure. As long as your being careful with it, you should be fine.
    01-18-09 12:39 PM
    i do. i posted about it in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...-beach-135854/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 12:39 PM
    I will take mine with me to the beach when it warms up some! Ziplock bag protected of course!

01-18-09 12:43 PM
    Chrisy's dry pak link above is the way to go

01-18-09 12:45 PM
    I take mine everywher. Got an aqua pak I think its calld & a small pelikan case ( they make hard cases tht r pressure & water proof for firearms and other equip)

01-18-09 12:57 PM
    If I went to the beach, I would take my Curve with me. But, I don't see the attraction of the beach... Dirt meets water. Maybe it's from where I don't fit in. Everyone has white teeth and tan skin, I have white skin and tan teeth.

Just be careful with it and don't get sand in anything.
    01-18-09 01:01 PM
    I take it everywhere including the beach...but it stays in my pocket..
    01-18-09 01:05 PM
    It goes everywhere with me. I have it out texting, taking pics, etc... while tanning. If I go in the water I make sure one of my friends is near at least and leave it in the pocket of my tote bag. Never have had a problem with it. I live in South Florida and always at the beach. I actually put over hundreds of songs on my micro sd card and that was my mini radio while tanning last saturday. Heehee.
    01-18-09 01:31 PM
    As mentioned the DiCAPac or AquaPac

See picture below...
    01-18-09 01:38 PM
    I took my kids to the beach and to the local water park with the BB safely inside one of those dry pack cases. $14 at REI.com ... going skiing tomorrow with same!!

cell phone case at REI.com | 100% Satisfaction Guarantee | Customer Reviews
    01-18-09 01:41 PM
    ONLY after putting it in an OtterBox
    01-18-09 01:42 PM
    I put mine in a zip lock bag and then put it in my backpack.

I will take mine with me to the beach when it warms up some! Zip lock bag protected of course!

01-18-09 03:31 PM
    I would be a nervous wreck. The risk of sand in my storm? No thank you lol. But if you have a bb without a giant gap on the screen you should be good if your careful.

01-18-09 05:46 PM
    Put it on vibrate and tuck it in yer trunks buddy. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me...aside from fried dough.
    01-18-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD