I havent got my hot little hands on my phone yet (DHL website says tomorrow ) so Im not sure about the quality of the media player... is it good enough to ditch my 80gb iPod video?
    04-22-08 08:55 PM
    Absolutely good enough! It won't hold 80gbs though, so if you need that much stuff then no, but the quality is excellent.
    04-22-08 08:57 PM
    good enough? yes. will it store all your music and video? probably not.
    04-22-08 09:01 PM
    Believe it or not, my BB is my first Mp3 player but I doubt the BB media player is as good as your ipod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 09:01 PM
    It's good but I still use my iPod as my main MP3 player.
    04-22-08 09:05 PM
    I actually stopped using my 80GB Zune at the gym and just take my BB with me. It makes it much easier to carry justone device.

That being said, I am a podcast junkie. I have several weekly podcasts that I listen to (including Crackberry). The Zune software is able to download each as they become available and it is (currently) easier to listen and manage them on it (Viigo/Tango may change that). I also have about 35 movies on my Zune, which is nice to carry around and not have to swap files out on smaller microSD cards.
    04-22-08 09:07 PM
    In a pinch I use my Curve as a MP3 player, but mostly I stick to my 32gb Sansa View
    04-22-08 09:07 PM
    yes i see what you mean about the memory. i was just wondering to myself if i would be lugging around my brick of an iPod and my phone...if my BB addiction is anything like my ipod addiction, im in big trouble
    04-22-08 09:08 PM
    I have 2 Zunes and 3 Ipods! But lately I have just been using my BlackBerry for music, because of its multitasking ability!
    04-22-08 10:56 PM
    i use it in my car. still attached to it.
    04-22-08 10:57 PM
    Definitely will still use it once I get my BB. You can't replace a dedicated MP3 player with a smartphone. As a secondary device? Yes. As my main device? No.
    04-22-08 11:09 PM
    I use the iPod in the car all the time. I never carry it around with me.
    04-22-08 11:28 PM
    If I had a iPod or mp3 player, I would probably still use it for my car and hook it up to the adapter and leave it there. I would use my Curve everywhere else.

I don't listen/watch to music/movies as I don't get the time, but when I start going to the gym more often, I may actually do that.
    04-22-08 11:28 PM
    I now use the BB for music since at the gym an SD card can take bouncing/jostling around more than my Creative hard disk player.
    04-23-08 12:42 AM
    I still have my ipod and use it only when I'm on an aeroplane. The long distance would have drained my BB battery in no time.

But for short time (i.e. walking in the neighbourhood, shopping...) I use my BB. I find that carrying one device is simpler than carrying two, when the first device can do the same thing as the second...
    04-23-08 01:15 AM
    Seeing as I currently have 40 ish of my 80gb iPod stocked with music, using my blackberry as a replacement is next to impossible.

With my musical tastes and random nature, the restriction that a blackberry has just wont cut it for my daily listening habits. Between work / commuting and errands, my iPod is still much more usable than the blackberry.

Having a few nifty new songs on the blackberry is always a good time though.
    04-23-08 08:48 AM
    I use my ipod video everday....driving in the car and at my desk.
    04-23-08 08:50 AM
    I still use my ipod for full length.TV shows/movies simply because of storage capacity and it can be hooked up to a TV for full sized playback. But for my music and podcasts I just let itunes download them and I just drag n drop them to my berry. Although on occasion I will still use the ipod for music since I have a stereo docking station for it.

04-23-08 08:58 AM
    I would use the BB for driving, but I plug in my MP3 player. That thing uses a triple A and it takes it awhile. If I am rolling with my BB, you know I am on the phone! HOLLA!
    04-23-08 04:58 PM
    Still use my tiny sansa clip at the gym.

04-23-08 05:01 PM
    It looks like the Curves default media player doesn't allow you to create playlists? If it did, I'd be more tempted to use it more and my iPod less.
    04-23-08 11:32 PM
    for music, I still use the iPod at work and in the car. My blackberry for everything else other than music.
    04-23-08 11:47 PM
    My ipod took a poo on me, otherwise I'd still be using it as my primary mp3 player.

04-23-08 11:58 PM
    Hahaha...nope!

Once I got my 8gb sd card I gave my MP3 player to the wife.
    It was only 1gb anyway and she never had one before.

Now everyone is happy!

Dm
    04-24-08 07:27 AM
    I have a 30gb Video Ipod that's almost filled to the brimm. I use my Ipod for so much - Music - TV - Podcast.

So I could never replace it with the BB. I must say I actually like have the devices separate.
    04-24-08 09:08 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD