I've made the switch from Z10 to Z30, they are completely different devices.

Posted using my beloved Z30
    considering they're running the same OS, with the same no buttons, please enlighten me on the differences?
    12-29-13 07:11 PM
    Times have changed. Sure qwerty bar phones are great, but it's time BlackBerry also invest in some slider research for much bigger screens.

Posted via CB10
    That's a bit like saying "sure times are changing, but Ford really ought to start investing in horse steroid research and stop making cars."
    12-29-13 07:12 PM
    The Q10 is a pretty slick phone. The glass weave back makes for a comfortable hold and the design is pretty unique. I don't mind having a smaller screen in exchange for the feel and look of the keyboard. It suites me just fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 07:49 PM
    I like my Z10 the way it is. Except for the Logo position on the back. If they moved it to the top right then my hands wouldn't cover it and people would see that it is a blackberry

Posted via CB10 on ZED10
    12-29-13 07:55 PM
    considering they're running the same OS, with the same no buttons, please enlighten me on the differences?
    I believe this topic is about the look of the device, not the OS.

Posted using my beloved Z30
    12-29-13 08:24 PM
    The BlackBerry Z10 could be improved by reducing the "bumpers" by 50-75%. The BlackBerry Q5 could be improved by adding an optical track wheel / track pad to the left-side.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    I agree. The Z10 could have easily be a 4.5" screen with a smaller bezels. I hope they work on that on the future device.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    12-29-13 08:55 PM
    Honestly, I don't think there is much that can be done to make a rectangular slab look like anything more than that so I guess for me the design of the Z10 and Z30 is no better or worse than anything else. Pretty much the same can be said for the "Q" devices...what else are you going to do to a full QWERTY below and screen atop to differentiate the look?
    12-29-13 09:00 PM
    The Z10 and Z30 look good. I don't care for the Q10, and the Q5 just looks goofy-but I've only seen it in photos.
    12-29-13 10:06 PM
    I'd say less bezel but that makes a device more likely to cracking the screen with a drop. The larger model should be more sleek than the smaller one though, there isn't enough differentiation between the z10 and z30.
    They look nothing alike

Sent from my Z30
    12-29-13 10:20 PM
    I love my Q10, just want the screen a little bigger...

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 10:22 PM
    They look nothing alike

Sent from my Z30
    http://cdn0.tnwcdn.com/wp-content/bl...ckBerryZ30.jpg

They're nearly identical.
    12-29-13 10:42 PM

They're nearly identical.
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:33 AM
    I have them both. Different bezels, different screens, different backs, different buttons, different speakers, different coloring, different glass on the front, different angles, different size... etc. They only look the same in that pic becuse they are using the same wallpaper.
    12-30-13 08:11 AM
    Some combination of the 9900, the z10, the q10 and the z30 should yield a beautiful BlackBerry device.

All of them had some nice qualities, buy none really brought it all together. The closest was the 9900 I think.

I prefer the "business look" if that could be preserved.

On the 9900, the steel band was the nice touch that pulled it togethor.

On the z10, the shape is right but the materials are crap. In the same size factor get a 4.7 screen in there and reduce the bezels. Get the chassis made out of stainless. Fix the speaker output and don't make the back door part of the speaker opening (that part is a huge peeve of mine - that the speaker needs the back door with those rubber channels to sound right). And, the power button on the 5 z10's that I have bought always wiggle and rattle.

On the q10, the screen was too close to the keyboard. Hard to get your thumb in there (they fixed this on the Q5). And forget the short screen factor. The balance may be off (not sure), but just put a full screen on it already. People would not care if the q10 was 1 inch longer or so. Just look at that new keyboard for the i5. the short screen is a holdover to text/email only customers - that is a very small segment of customers now. Or give up on that form factor and go to back to the slider then.

The z30, is closest to success in the new BlackBerry era, but still has issues (first being that it is too big for most). Bezel too wide, could have made the phone narrower to make it easier in the hand. Design is ok, but not actually steel.

So maybe a z30 style base, in z10 size, with 4.7 1080 screen (from HTC One), narrow bezels required, with steel band from the 9900, glass weave back with rubber back option. All the goodies of z30 inside. Steel colored bottom is ok, but make it a premium material, not painted plastic.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by leejayh; 12-30-13 at 09:13 AM.
    12-30-13 08:47 AM
64 123