Ok I'm struggling with this issue and I'm wondering what you all think/do.

I had this obsessive compulsive disorder my whole life. I clean old stuff off of my phone or my computer...if I don't use it, I delete it...call me a neat freak. I don't like to keep ex's phone numbers or the ex friend who tried to steal my man away lol OK i'm kidding but serious.

Now that I got this BB, I'm thinking that it's to my advantage to keep a long list of contacts like restaurants to call to reserve tables in advance or that store I like to visit from time to time for example. I guess I'm saying that I used to just like the numbers I dialed a lot but maybe I'll change my ways lol

Am I the only one like this or do you all keep contacts on a..."just in case" basis... I guess this goes for pretty much everything you do on your BB...
    06-04-08 07:09 PM
    nah i delete em if i dont use them

especially my ex bf
    glad hes gone
    06-04-08 07:11 PM
    I keep a lot of contacts. From daily use to once in a great while type things. Once I have it, I like to keep it - saves on looking things up all the time.
    06-04-08 07:18 PM
    See i figure if i need it i can just look it up and save myself the clutter lol

Maybe I have issues.....
    06-04-08 07:22 PM
    See i figure if i need it i can just look it up and save myself the clutter lol

Maybe I have issues.....
    Nah, you don't have issues...I feel you. My thing is, I tend to delete people that don't ever call me. If I have your number, then you have mine. If you never decide to use it, why even let you occupy a slot on my coveted BB?!
    06-04-08 07:24 PM
    lol yes jaylew, you do feel me. I "cleans" myself of people who don't deserve to even be in my phone.

I guess it's theraputic lol
    06-04-08 07:31 PM
    I keep all kinds of stuff. I used to purge alot, but I'm glad I kept all my college friends in there - I've reconnected with a lot of people and a lot of the time their info hasn't changed that much. It's saved me a lot of reentering time.
    06-04-08 08:17 PM
    I go through every so often and delete numbers I've picked-up along the way. Usually they're people I've spoken to at a club while under the influence and I don't know for some reason it was a good idea to exchange numbers then but, when I've come to my senses it wasn't such a good idea.

I'm a purger if I haven't used it or spoken to you (depending on who you are) in 6 months I clean it out.
    06-04-08 08:27 PM
    I delete the ones I really dont think I'm to have a reason to call or email. If I have even the slightest feeling I'll need to contact them it the future it stays on my phone
    06-04-08 08:31 PM
    I keep ex'es in particular so I know when to ignore! Half of the people I keep is just so I know when not to answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 08:32 PM
    I keep ex'es in particular so I know when to ignore! Half of the people I keep is just so I know when not to answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh I keep some of them too. There are just some folks out there who just don't have any business having a phone!
    06-04-08 08:35 PM
    I delete to! But, I hate the fact that about a week / month later, I end up needing said item.

So, I say keep it. It's not like you're running out of space...
    06-04-08 08:37 PM
    im with Chaz on this one. i usually save the numbers i need (the people and places i need on a regular basis) but i also save some numbers for people or places i call once in a while. sometimes these "sleeper contacts" have actually come in handy
    06-04-08 08:37 PM
    I sold a vehicle to someone about 5 years ago and had added her to my contacts because we were calling back and forth several times about the sale. About a year ago, I had another vehicle for sale, and called her - hadn't spoken since she picked up the first one. She bought the second one too.

You just never know.
    06-04-08 08:40 PM
    I delete to! But, I hate the fact that about a week / month later, I end up needing said item.

So, I say keep it. It's not like you're running out of space...
    You are right...I do the same thing. I kick myself because I think that I could have networked w/ someone for a job or whatever the case may be.

I too keep people I want to avoid until I think it's safe that they won't be contacting me again and then I delete, delete, delete...lol
    06-04-08 08:42 PM
    I usually keep all the contacts in my phone, just in case. Unless they really tick me off, then they're off my list completely...lol. But the number will probably be written down somewhere or saved on my computer....
    06-04-08 08:46 PM
    good point chaz........
    06-04-08 08:50 PM
    I delete the ones I really dont think I'm to have a reason to call or email. If I have even the slightest feeling I'll need to contact them it the future it stays on my phone
    That's a good rule of thumb.

Also, I will sometimes delete the contact info of a former assistant that I had to let go, for example, so that my phone doesn't bump something in my pocket and dial her, and she can hear me walking around. I also don't like being reminded of certain folks as I browse through my contact list. Better to just delete someone that would be considered hostile, and leave everybody else based on the above guy's criteria.
    06-04-08 09:19 PM
    Professional contacts I keep. Some of those people I only talk to once or twice a year.

Personal contacts, if I don't speak to them for a period of time, I delete them.
    06-04-08 09:25 PM
    I usually keep everyone in my addy book that ever gets entered. It's nice for me to know "who" the caller is sometimes so you can appropriately NOT answer...
    06-05-08 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD