I can only get all 5 bars green if I stand right over my router. If I walk away, I only get 2 or 3. why is the wifi so weak? I know it decreases as you walk away, but it should not decrease so rapidly. If I move 15 feet away, I get 2 green bars....and I am using a linksys wrt310n router, so it's not like it is a piece of junk!

Any settings I can tweak?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 12:14 PM
    Sometimes it feels that way. I think that the WiFi in the Storm 2 is not that great. I have had the HTC Eris and the WiFi on that works really really good. Maybe the WiFi can be tweaked with an update?
    11-25-09 12:26 PM
    OK guys. I'm new to the wifi thing but just for grins and giggles I experimented around a bit. You see what you are saying about 5 bars and wifi wasn't making sense to me. I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Go to manage connections and turn off your carrier connection, and leave your wifi on. Notice you have no bars because you have no network connection. But go ahead and surf to something in your browser and it will go there right away.

Your phone won't work of course, because that comes in the wireless network not wifi.

Like I said I'm new to wifi, but it seems to me that wifi has nothing to do with your signal and bars. However being as new to this as I am maybe I'm missing something. Just doesn't look like one has anything to do with the other.
    11-25-09 01:55 PM
    yeah i am wondering where you are actually looking to be able to tell what your wifi strength is because the bars in the top right corner are for cell signal strength only not wifi
    11-25-09 01:58 PM
    yeah i am wondering where you are actually looking to be able to tell what your wifi strength is because the bars in the top right corner are for cell signal strength only not wifi
    Yes the bars on Home Screen if for Voice strength only. However you can view your WIFI strength by this

- Manage Connections
    - Setup Wi-Fi Network
    - Next (If introduction shows up)
    - Scan for Networks

Shows you the wifi signal strength for your particular wireless network.
    11-25-09 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD