Just wondering if this will be a big battery and/or memory drain?
    01-12-09 04:46 PM
    I don't use it because I find it to be a useless feature. The only time I could see it being useful is if I'm driving/riding 100+ miles.
    01-12-09 04:58 PM
    I have noticed no difference to battery life. Only lots of browsing and other screen use seems to make a big difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 09:03 PM
    I used it for a while. Just took too long to load, so I disabled it. Haven't noticed a change in battery life or the rate of my memory leak.

01-12-09 09:45 PM
    I used it for a while. Just took too long to load, so I disabled it. Haven't noticed a change in battery life or the rate of my memory leak.

Yeah that's the other reason I disabled it....it would take too long to load, especially when inside the house...
    01-12-09 10:23 PM
    It doesn't use the GPS all the time like navigation software did. So battery drain is no issue. It's good if you travel a lot otherwise it does not really serve a purpose. Just add your location, it's quicker.
    01-12-09 10:29 PM
    I've posted about this in similar threads before. What I've said each time is that I've been run weatherbug with and without the location on for a week exclusively. I tested the latest .274 version with 15 minute updates and a fully charged battery. What I saw each week was that the location on didn't really do anything to my battery. I noticed that around the same time both weeks I the same amount of battery left.

01-12-09 10:32 PM
    I've posted about this in similar threads before. What I've said each time is that I've been run weatherbug with and without the location on for a week exclusively. I tested the latest .274 version with 15 minute updates and a fully charged battery. What I saw each week was that the location on didn't really do anything to my battery. I noticed that around the same time both weeks I the same amount of battery left.

Good to know - very thorough test! Better than my "gut feel" test! :-)

01-12-09 10:37 PM
    I turn mine off just because of the faster load times. As far as battery life goes, I suggest you change the update temperature variable in the Weatherbug Settings. Change it to update the temp every hour or even 2 hours.
    01-12-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD