sorry, i don't have time to answer your question,,, i'm busy using my playbook...
    Houshinto likes this.
    01-03-14 02:51 PM
    Not much dust, but it is sitting in a drawer and hasn't been powered on for months. It's in good company though, I think there's a Palm Pre, an iPod, a couple PDAs and a Dev Alpha in that drawer. I wonder if they have parties when I'm not looking...
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-03-14 03:09 PM
    I still use mine everyday. And it works as it has since I first got it. The rubbered material backing has held up as has all the buttons. Even the "outrrrrrrrageously sunken!!!" power button which I've only used all of twice in the last year. Thankfully battery on this guy is still pretty good. Get a solid 5 hours when working.

Inside the speakers I'm sure there is some dust, but they still give better sound then any device, tablet, or smartphone I've heard so I'm not going to try to get that out.

Sure the apps have dried up to a few drips from time to time. But I got all the productivity apps I needed when it was still being supported.

So all and all, very happy.
    extisis likes this.
    01-03-14 03:43 PM
    Ours gets daily use. It is in the bonus room and my son uses it the most.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-03-14 03:59 PM
    Still use mine daily but I'm tired of how slow it is at browsing which is what I use it for the most so it''ll be replaced as soon as my new win8.1 tablet arrives.
    01-03-14 04:11 PM
    Such a shame the company has no plans to release a playbook 2 device. I want a new model please??

Posted via CB10
    Surely you jest?
    01-03-14 04:21 PM
    Iffy about the existing PB getting BB10 but would like to see a new release. My only gripe is app selection but I have seen some good additions. I use mine now and then, been eyeing other tablets but secretly holding out for PB2 or whatever.
    01-03-14 04:26 PM
    No dust on PB ...never leaves the drawer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-03-14 05:32 PM
    I still use mine every day. Newspapers that have instituted paywalls have completely forgotten about the PlayBook, so I get Globe and Mail and National Post for free. Can't complain about that!

Also a while back I was reading an e-book that had a lot of historic references. So I had the browser set to Wikipedia and the Kobo reader app open at the same time, and I was swiping back and forth between them. Try that on an iPad.

At work, it's a better screen for viewing drawings, which are sent to me just about every day. Still a very useful tablet, just wish the browser were a bit faster and the Office suite were more functional. I hope BB is doing something about Docs2Go
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-03-14 05:48 PM
    Attachment 235686

This thread actually inspired me to work on my PlayBook today. With the Bluetooth Mini Keyboard and a Bluetooth mouse, it does surprisingly well for a 3 year old tablet.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    I think a lot of PlayBook owners do not utilize the PlayBook for its strengths. The bridge and your perifials combined with docs to go etc make it a very capable productivity tablet.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-03-14 05:50 PM
    Mine covers dust!!! I still love my playbook, heck, it can do things my laptop can't do. Like play movies from sites that.... Oh nevermind
    Lol.....yes it is bullet proof against viruses and malware.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 05:51 PM
    I don't really use mine, never really did. If it had the capability of accessing Netflix though I would use it with my TV, but alas after 3 years, no Netflix love.
    01-03-14 05:53 PM
    Dang, I've never had a PlayBook but this thread kind of makes me want one.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-03-14 05:56 PM
    You tube every night

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    01-03-14 05:58 PM
    Funny, no. I use mine daily.
    01-03-14 07:58 PM
    Bought a used one here and hopefully it arrives tomorrow to try out. Not looking for a power house as I have a surface pro that is my main work horse. Just looking for something to bridge with my z10 and 9900 and use for browsing the Web etc. Looking through this tread though I may be able to find more uses for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:16 PM
    Plan on selling mine along with its bluetooth keyboard.
    It works fine i just need one thats compatible with the programs i have to run for school and the playbook osnt supported.

May replace it in the summer with a 64 gb

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:12 PM
    I have 2 again... My wife gave me back the 16G after I gave her my old iPad 2 (I bought an new iPad mini with LTE). I use the 64G Playbook at work because the company still has me saddled with a next to useless 9700 running v5.1.0.175 (hard to read spreadsheets etc. on a 9700). The 16G is now permanently located in my truck for casual browsing when I stop close to a hotspot (almost everywhere here thanks to my ISP).

Have to say I was VERY disappointed when they nixed BB10 on the Playbook... I find something's on the Playbook fairly clunky, like bookmarks, file saving etc.
    01-03-14 10:32 PM
    No dust here, use it daily.
    01-03-14 10:33 PM
    Surely you jest?
    Ummmm, hard as it may be to believe, some of us own, like and use the PlayBook, and yes, we'd like to have seen what a PlayBook II would have looked like. Going on three years I've had mine, and I still have absolutely no desire to use any other tablet. I know I'm not in the majority here, but I'm also pretty sure I'm not alone. So no, surely he don't jest.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-03-14 11:18 PM
    Mine is dust covered. Bring it out now and then to try to use it but always end up going back to my iPad. Even my first generation iPad gets more support than the Playbook.
    01-03-14 11:38 PM
    Mine is not dust covered - its finger print covered
    sleepngbear likes this.
    01-03-14 11:42 PM
    Use it everyday for music and Youtube, the speakers on that thing are incredible. I also use it every now and then for games, I've last count of how many I have, just connect to the TV via HDMI and play. Little brother uses his religiously for games.

Life Through a BlackBerry Lens, Photography BBM Channel C000EE502
    01-04-14 01:23 AM
    Just revived my PlayBook yesterday after six months, forgot how nice it is to have a big screen device and how much I like the OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 02:19 AM
    Writing this post on my PlayBook, whilst listening to music on my stereo via BlackBerry Music Gateway. The gateway and my phone (9800) are all connected to my PlayBook using bluetooth and I can do this even in my car. Dust! I don't think so
    01-04-14 04:22 AM
143 ... 3456