View Poll Results: Do you get offended when someone calls your BlackBerry a phone?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 21.82%
  • No

43 78.18%
    James Deans'....
    07-24-07 09:10 AM
    Fatreg I am getting off here now I think we have used the forum badly! Sorry everyone!
    07-24-07 09:14 AM
    have a fun afternoon mumf..

see ya soon!
    07-24-07 09:16 AM
    When someone calls my bb a phone I become highly defensive and find myself rambling off ALL 1million reasons everybody in the world should own a bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-07 08:42 PM
    the BlackBerry commands respect and should be called so... plus the marketing potential of the trademark is fantasitc... it has nothing to do with a seed barring bush fruit (well actually berry) its so not what the word is that it sticks in your mind... like PDA has specific meaning because its an acromym but BlackBerry is simply a name.
    08-08-07 10:07 PM
    Someone actually came up to me once and said "wow, is that one of those new BlackJacks?" That offended me.

Like I would use Blackjack, what a piece of junk that thing is.
    08-08-07 10:10 PM
    Black Jack? Ok now I'm offended. I hope you didn't dignify that horrific display of disrespect with a response. People should remember that "silence is golden". Tsk, tsk, tsk. Black Jack, humph!

08-08-07 10:15 PM
    Black Jack? Ok now I'm offended. I hope you didn't dignify that horrific display of disrespect with a response. People should remember that "silence is golden". Tsk, tsk, tsk. Black Jack, humph!

Actually, I just said no and stared at them while shaking my head...
    08-08-07 10:18 PM
    Most people know it's more than a phone, but when they make the "mistake" that just gives he the chance to show them all my baby can do.

08-08-07 10:23 PM
    LOL, actually thats never happened to me and if it did I don't really think it would bother me either. Smart phone or cell phone both of them end with phone, however we know that bbs do so much more.
    11-13-07 01:01 PM
    Yes sometimes when they start goin off on how they cant talk on a 'phone' like that or it costs way too much money, etc etc!
    My thoughts are : well for 1: its not yours, 2: I didnt buy it to TALK on it (I use a bluetooth earpiece ) and 3: dangit it wasnt YOUR money that I spent besides I gotta a nice lil discount on it.

They can stick to phones, I stick with my Blackberry!
    11-13-07 02:07 PM
    Hey I dont call you names right?
    11-13-07 02:42 PM
    Hey I dont call you names right?
    LOL "epiguards"
    11-13-07 03:12 PM
    I don't get offended, but I find that I don't call it a cell anymore. I call it by it's name or "my BlackBerry".
    I do get offended if people call my car a VW Bug or a clown car
    I don't get offended. Ooh! I should give mine a name. Something like "Bob," or "Dave," or something!
    11-13-07 03:23 PM
    I don't have a name for my BlackBerry. I should name it since a lot of you do name it I wonder what name would that be. My favorite name is David, or Dave. I should call it David. Oh my, that means I have been sleeping with David for the past month and I didn't even know it. I know David wakes me up every 4 am

And no, I don't get offended. If they ask me what phone I've got, I say "I have a BlackBerry".
    11-13-07 04:56 PM
    I don't get offended. BB aren't tht commom here becos of the price so many people have never seen one up close before. Most times they think its a sorta unusual fone I got there.
    I refer to it as my Berry

11-13-07 05:12 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD