But sometimes, with Apple being the market leader, do you feel that you may be missing out because you don't use an iPhone?
    I feel like that only when I bump into seemingly attractive apps and peripheral devices which are available only on iOS.
    09-14-14 08:48 PM
    I feel like that only when I bump into seemingly attractive apps and peripheral devices which are available only on iOS.
    It's a fair consideration, IMHO. Those apps and accessories increase device functionality.
    09-14-14 08:52 PM
    Not at all, actually. I can't possibly think of what I'm missing out on other than being able to say, "You own an iPhone? Wow, what a coincidence! I also own an iPhone!"

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:18 PM
    Nope got them on my Z10!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Oh ugh...wonder why I don't get them then?...not that I want them lol

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 10:09 PM
    Since the BlackBerry 10 released NOPE!

Be proud - BlackBerry by Choice
    09-14-14 10:24 PM
    I had a couple of interesting exposures to other platforms lately.

In one case, my wife and I got given an iPad mini. I liked the physical design of the device and there's no question that the variety of apps is attractive. I don't find iOS to be terrifically intuitive, though. And performance kind of sucked.

...and then a few weeks ago I found myself needing a tablet to fill in for my Windows tablet while it was in getting its screen replaced. A local drugstore had a cheap deal on a basic Android tab, so I tried it out. And wound up mightily impressed.

I get the attraction to these big, integrated systems. When they work well, they're fantastic. And Android is significantly better than iOS.

BB10 fills my needs for now. Even without the large, well-developed ecosystems of Google and Apple, BB10 looks and feels more consistent and polished. The Hub is unequaled. And Android app support is really good now.

Still here.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    09-14-14 10:56 PM
    whenever i use my wifes iphone i feel very confused things just seem so complicated on it not as fluent as on bb10 thats just me though i also find windows to be more usefull than ios actually so if i ever ever ever leave bberry it will be windows
    09-14-14 11:08 PM
    why jump when you can ride both?
    09-14-14 11:20 PM
    I have constantly switched between BlackBerry and iPhone... for some reason I always end up coming back to BlackBerry!

I enjoy "tinkering" with Apple devices, but I love using BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 11:26 PM
    This is the perfect relapse thread.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    09-15-14 01:48 AM
    Nah, got a nice Samsung Tab 3 for my apps

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 02:07 AM
    And that is how iPhone users think. They think what they have fits them best. I've tried all and I found the iPhone to suit my needs best. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Don't slam on iPhone users because you don't understand. I don't understand what makes BB10 pleasant to the eyes or other parts of the OS but that's me. I found the Hub a mess. I loved the keyboard on my white Z10 and I hope the African dude I sold it to is also enjoying it. However it wasn't enough and I needed more functionality and reliability. Different strokes for different folks. Remember this next time you are tempted to rag on another product or another group of people who don't enjoy using a BlackBerry.
    09-15-14 02:24 AM
    It is all a matter of what works for you. My Girlfriend has an iPhone & I don't care for it at all. I tried a Samsung & Motorola. No thank you. My Z10 & BB10 OS works best for me and fits my needs better than anything else so no I do not feel like jumping ship I'll just keep rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 16GB PlayBook. Again it all all about what works best for you....
    09-15-14 03:39 AM
    Why limit yourself to one device? As much as I love my Z10, I have to carry a secondary device for its shortcomings. I switch phones every 4 months or so, and so far I've had my Z10 the longest(almost a year), that tells something!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 05:10 AM
    I've been an avid user of an iPhone 3G, 3GS & 4, then I came over to BlackBerry and got myself a Bold 9900 then a Z10 on release.

The Z10 is easily the best and easiest phone I have ever used. The best keyboard and The Hub is just the killer for me, it's the reason I like using my Z10 everyday. But some times, with Apple being the market leader, do you feel that you may be missing out because you don't use an iPhone?

All of my friends use an iPhone so none of them will jump over to BBM and are all using iMessage and WhatsApp.... Just things like this.

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    Honesty, I would feel like I was missing out if I did have an iPhone. Missing out on expandable storage, bluetooth file transfers, the message hub, having a spare battery, micro USB (the standard), a great typing experience and a file system. Samsung may be the way to go if you jump ship. You have to be number one world wide for a reason right? I could use my Z10 for the next 5 years no problem. If it breaks and I can't get it replaced, I will go with a Sony or go all in on windows phone. I have never given iPhone a second thought because of what it's missing for me. I could care less about apps and image. I don't have the same issue with my friends though because they have all basically moved to android from iPhones and BlackBerry.

With that said, if you don't care about what it's missing and it works for you, go get an iPhone. Wait for the 6s so you can get the 6 at a more reasonable price. Don't buy a phone for image or two apps like imessage and whatsapp though. Never a good decision.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 05:50 AM
    I do love my Z10 and my 9900 when I had it but when the 9900 developed a screen fault I had to send it back to get repaired under warranty for 3 weeks. With Apple I could just walk into a store and get it replaced on the spot.

09-15-14 05:57 AM
    I have jumped ship. And I've come back. It's no big deal.

At the moment, BB10 does what I want in a way that I like (except for the dubious behavior of the Contacts app), and I have the apps I've come to depend on. If and when any of that changes, I'll think about jumping ship again.
    09-15-14 07:23 AM
    I have my old BlackBerry 9780, torch, Z10, in my library. Have enjoyed each of the devices until the successor was announced. Waiting for Passport launch at Dubai And shall buy it no matter what price.
    BlackBerry for me is my best companion in my business needs.

From my Z30 Device using 10.3.0.296.
    09-15-14 07:40 AM
    Once, like when the BB symbols disappeared from the top right corner of the screen and I couldn't connect to anything, but I think it's to do with my carrier, I don't know. There's nothing else I'd rather use for me. I like getting into my files and downloading stuff. The Z10 is my first and only smartphone; I didn't realize how much I used the flick typing until trying to send a text from another phone. I'm not particularly an apps person but I love the ability to install apps from other sources. The hard work from the people who've made apps like Sachesi, Snap, and RetroArch paired with the fluidity of the Z10, damn fine.
    09-15-14 08:12 AM
    Not at all. But then it also depends on what you use your BlackBerry for. I use it for work and there would be no way I could have patient or criminal data sets on my phone if I had an iPhone...well according to the company I work for. The way I see it is that I grew up faster than they did. I know there are a lot of people in their mid twenties that have an iPhone but I need to pay the bills.

I guess having a BlackBerry makes me feel like I'm doing something with my life. I know there are a lot of overlap between the iPhone and the BlackBerry but when it comes down to it most of my friends just use their phones for play.

If you feel like jumping ship it is because you have not found a way for your phone to be essential to your lifestyle. Find that missing link and you will appreciate what this company has done for its users.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 08:21 AM
    Nope , very happy with the direction of BB10
    09-15-14 08:23 AM
    [QUOTE=jrwagh333;10836499]I've been an avid user of an iPhone 3G, 3GS & 4, then I came over to BlackBerry and got myself a Bold 9900 then a Z10 on release.

The Z10 is easily the best and easiest phone I have ever used. The best keyboard and The Hub is just the killer for me, it's the reason I like using my Z10 everyday. But some times, with Apple being the market leader, do you feel that you may be missing out because you don't use an iPhone?

All of my friends use an iPhone so none of them will jump over to BBM and are all using iMessage and WhatsApp.... Just things like this.

All my friends are wearing skinny jeans and exposing their underwear- and I see alot of people doing it. Am I missing out- should I start? That's what it sounds like to me.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-15-14 08:30 AM
    Every time I have to decide what to "settle for" because US carriers by and large are inferior to the rest of the world, I am tempted to jump ship. Sometimes I have to ask myself do I really want to go to this or that carrier just to get a particular Blackberry. And there have been times, and will likely be times in the future, when it looks like Blackberry just isn't keeping up. I nearly jumped to the Note3 last year, except the fanboy/sales rep at Sprint couldn't show me how it would handle email as well as my Blackberry.

My wife and I have positioned ourselves this time so that we are both going to be off contract next month, which leaves us free to jump ship with respect to carriers. It will cost us more, even with contract phones, and if by some miracle Sprint actually carriers the Passport we will stay there, but we already have had the issue of our contracts maturing at different times, which has left us locked with Sprint.
    09-15-14 08:34 AM
    Not really, no. I have nothing against the iPhone - especially now that they have caught up in terms of screen size (finally!) if not resolution. But for me they still seem to carry the teen girl toy thing. I do have an iPad - I'm not stupid, and I recognize that there are a s***-ton of apps available for i-stuff that are not available elsewhere. But I am not a social media guy. I don't need to be obsessively connected to everyone at all times and on all platforms. Why anything more than SMS and email for text based communications is necessary is simply beyond me. And if you want to talk to me, hey, there is this nifty thing called a phone call. You ought to try it. Or we could meet (gasp) over a beer. Checking facebook once a day covers the social thing. But there are apps I find useful, if not necessary - professional stuff like electronic simulators and so forth - that take me off to Android and iOS. What the phone is for is communication and BB does that better than any others. So it's not a toy for me and it's not my social life.
    09-15-14 08:34 AM
    I think once 10.3 hits & finally BlackBerry Blend, my faith will be restored.

I mean I just typed this with one hand using the swipe gesture on my Z10.

09-15-14 08:49 AM
212 ... 34567 ...