I've been an avid user of an iPhone 3G, 3GS & 4, then I came over to BlackBerry and got myself a Bold 9900 then a Z10 on release.

The Z10 is easily the best and easiest phone I have ever used. The best keyboard and The Hub is just the killer for me, it's the reason I like using my Z10 everyday. But some times, with Apple being the market leader, do you feel that you may be missing out because you don't use an iPhone?

All of my friends use an iPhone so none of them will jump over to BBM and are all using iMessage and WhatsApp.... Just things like this.

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    Quite honestly....

Nope!! I got you there...didn't I? Ha!

Your friends who use Apple will speak of convenience yet do not understand 'convenience' as well as convergence. Why would you want to conform to 3 applications when BBM gives you a total package of iMessage, Facetime and WhatsApp all in 1? The power of 1 - BBM!!! secured messaging by PIN with voice and video chat. Your friends are the ones missing out on the convenience of convergence.
    Last edited by Mr.G_under; 09-15-14 at 04:59 PM.
    09-13-14 11:16 PM
    I've been an avid user of an iPhone 3G, 3GS & 4, then I came over to BlackBerry and got myself a Bold 9900 then a Z10 on release.

The Z10 is easily the best and easiest phone I have ever used. The best keyboard and The Hub is just the killer for me, it's the reason I like using my Z10 everyday. But some times, with Apple being the market leader, do you feel that you may be missing out because you don't use an iPhone?

All of my friends use an iPhone so none of them will jump over to BBM and are all using iMessage and WhatsApp.... Just things like this.

I'd never jump ship to Apple, with that said being from the US (and possibly not getting much love from carriers in the future) I'd consider going to Android or WP8 if they release something "abstract looking".

The new Sharp Aquous Crystal looks decent, I'd put thought into picking up a flagship version if released on Verizon in the coming year. ( Assuming Verizon doesn't pick up Passport/Classic)

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 11:49 PM
    I enjoy using different pieces of technology.

Having said that, I just can't swear allegiance to any one commercial entity. One has to earn the right to be my daily driver.
    kbz1960 and AbAll87 like this.
    09-14-14 12:11 AM
    I notice a lot of people on here say they carry multiple devices - is that the best answer? Hypothetically I could probably do everything I want/need with my Q and the biggest Android I could lay hands on. But at that point why not just carry a tablet around? Give me my Q and the mythical BB10 tablet and I'd be covered.

Posted via CB10
    There is a certain reason to carry two devices, well as a business manager i carry iphone as primary device nd q10 as secondary since my work involves things for business which bb dont offer at the moment. Some are illustrated below.
    As a business apps company we generally have to use airserver to show client ios app running live in mobile as a concept before publishing, we screen share it to desktop and share the screen through that.
    We do have multiple open technologies SIP connectivity to manage our calls, unfortunatly we dont have budget to get bb server and just for microsoft nd cisco(which ios also supports apart from open protocols) profiles.
    We do have open source third party vpn service in which we use to connect and use bandwirdths from other companies, like virtual server from amazon. Bb only supports 2 and not others.
    I do carry ipad but basically for RDP and team viewer, so ipad is only for that purpose.
    Since i travel to lot of asian countries and middle east, bb maps dont help me out to find places as mostly they are not supported and i am use to of google maps coz of integration of other google apps as well as interface.
    I carry q10 just coz i am a bb lover and second that i carry it as a bacup mail agent.

So every one has certain priorities, dont put ur shoes in someone else foot...
    I dont either reccomend ios or android or bb... Use it according to your preferences, thats it
    09-14-14 12:31 AM
    I do use and like my old iPad. But I like to be able to Bridge to a BlackBerry tablet and use my phone's data. Can't do that with my iPad.

Passport is starting to really interest me though. Looking forward to playing with one.

Posted via CB10
    That, you may do with a Blend!
    09-14-14 01:04 AM
    I rely on a unified inbox, and a physical keyboard most of all. Until such hardware and software exist, I probably won't

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-14-14 01:43 AM
    But you sent that from a Z10 lol.

09-14-14 03:12 AM
    Not really, I love my z10 and I'm going to get the passport when it releases. I have an ipad to satisfy my other needs. If I did switch platforms I would miss so many things about bb10, mainly just the whole fluidity of moving around the OS

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 03:23 AM
    Nope. I started a new job recently and they foisted an iPhone 5s on me. After a month my quick review is: the phone is just so "meh".

All the hype, all the marketing, all the advertising. The iPhone is unexciting and Z10 to me is the vastly superior phone. The lack of a filing system in IOS is truly crippling to the phones functionality. Having to use icloud/itunes to "access" my files is a joke. File manager alone makes Z10 a superior phone. The email attachment limitations in IOS are laughable. The typing experience is awful.

Thank the digital gods for BB10!
    lift likes this.
    09-14-14 03:25 AM
    But you sent that from a Z10 lol.

I have 2, my Q is on charge, it's been out all day lol

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-14-14 03:27 AM
    I had never owned a smart phone , and I saw the news of the BlackBerry 10 Z10 being introduced, i liked the specs and looks, so i went and bought it. I fell in love with the Os ,
    gesture operations, the file manager, BBM, and the best security. Now I own a Z30 and I am staying with BlackBerry. I dont care about Apple i phone, Windows phone, or any android phone out there.

From my ? phone.
    lift likes this.
    09-14-14 03:46 AM
    I'll move to another OS once BB10 won't be good enough for me, or there would be a better alternative for me. So far there isn't one, so I'm staying.

Only loyal as long as it fits my needs
    09-14-14 03:50 AM
    At 58 years old, I have been thru the entire evolution of smartphones, starting with BlackBerry being my first device capable of email and Web Access. I traveled around the world with it and I always worked and never let me down. Another cool thing back then was having a @blackberry.com extension on your email address.

I decided to switch to Android and bought the original Nexus One which was a beautifully made device with a great screen, but lacked the memory for apps. So, I decided to try the iPhone, I had the original model, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 and the 5s. I liked the simplicity of the OS and the customer service and app ecosystem where the best in the business.

Then, I decided to come back to BlackBerry last year when they launched the z10 here on T Mobile USA. I liked the device and the features of OS10. I went through the device restart issues and exchanged 5 devices in a two month span, but I hung in there.

Features like the Hub, Peek and the Gesturing concept have improved my work flow and I found myself liking the platform again. Even with the early issues with 10.0 I still hung in there.

One of the major issues here in the USA is the brand is all but dead here and I feel like a dinosaur with my BlackBerry device. All of my clients are using either Android or IOS and custom apps that do not support the BlackBerry platform.

I have bought several z30's the past few months and ended up selling them to clients who really liked the device after I demo ed the great features of OS10 to them. Now I have the 10.3.0.1154 leak installed on my z30, the device just came alive, this is the best OS update by far and made my z30 feel like a new device.

Now here's the problem, being I am on T Mobile and they no longer have a license to sell BlackBerry products, I have no where to go for tech or warranty support. I bought my z30 from my Canadian friends, but since I am not the original owner, I am SOL if my device dies in the future.

I am right on the edge of the fence deciding whether to continue to support the BlackBerry brand or go back to IOS where I can interface with my clients and be able to use their apps that in the near future I will be required to have if I want to continue to do business with them.

I still preach the BlackBerry brand with my z30 proudly in my hand to anyone who has an open mind and wants something that will improve their work flow. But, I see a day in the near future when my choice to leave will not be an option, but a requirement for my future business association with my current clients.

Unless BlackBerry comes up with a plan to get back into the market here in the USA? I am afraid it might be sooner then later. That's just the way things are here now. Sad but very true. The good thing is with BBM being cross platform now, I will still be able to keep in touch with my BBM groups and BlackBerry friends.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    Thunderbuck and BerryAdmirer like this.
    09-14-14 05:02 AM
    I'm going to stay. It's from my city and I won't abandon.
    lift likes this.
    09-14-14 05:07 AM
    Well, just retired my BlackBerry PlayBook for an Ipad Air. No regrets there really as BlackBerry has dropped its one and only son in the tablet arena.
    When my Z10 contract is up at the end of this December most likely I will go with a none BlackBerry phone as I am not wanting a physical keyboard phone ever again, so the Passport and Classic are a no go for me. Would really love an upgrade from BlackBerry for the Z10 with roughly the same form factor and upgraded specs. Not holding my breath here, so most likely will go with either a Windows phone or an Android. Don't want an Apple phone though, even though I have just bought an Ipad Air.

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    09-14-14 05:32 AM
    Just get a tablet (or two)...my wife has an iPad mini and I have an android tablet with a fake Google Play account. If I need to use them mobile I can run them off the phone's hot spot. It's the best of all worlds.

Posted via CB10
    ReneV likes this.
    09-14-14 05:33 AM
    I'm leaving iOS and Droid to jump back in to BB....
    As soon as the courier arrives in the next five days that is.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    09-14-14 05:49 AM
    I did think about it before BB10 arrived. I doubt I'd have stayed with a BlackBerry phone if it hadn't happened. Equally, it wouldn't have been to iOS though.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 05:58 AM
    I jumped from Blackberry to Android, to Android to Blackberry, Blackberry to Apple. Totally better user experience.
    09-14-14 06:13 AM
    Who worries about a company being a "market leader?" use whatever device makes you happy. Jump ship if you must. Don't fret over it. Just do it. It is not that serious.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 06:18 AM
    I prefer to jump red lights. I'm with my Z30 for now but I like the direction of Iphone 6 plus. Would have prefered a larger battery like at least 3168 mah since thats 10% of the Z30 at 5" Also noticed that the upcomming passport will only show 20 icon on screen 5x4 (20) vs the Z30 4x6 (24) icons so I'll probably stay where I am still pleanty of software development at team BB
    09-14-14 06:23 AM
    It made me chuckle when I was watching the iOS 8 reveal a few months back when they showed 'quick replies'

I was thinking how BB10 didn't have this when it was first released but within a year it had this in a small update, yet iOS has to wait a full year to get a full revision of the OS to get this feature.

It amazes me how Apple fans clap at a feature that has been around for ages finally comes to their phone. They clap like it's the most innovative features ever. The best example of this was when Apple introduced 'Cut, copy & paste'

DeliFresser likes this.
    09-14-14 06:42 AM
    Nope, no way Captain.
    09-14-14 07:15 AM

I've felt like this, mainly cause of FaceTime, & all the apps on apple products run smoother and faster.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 07:22 AM
    All of the time. But there things on other platforms that I don't know if I would like. I'm not a big app person and I don't what anyone says about the android player, it's a Band-Aid that is hit or miss. If I ever start relying on apps then I might just jump but for now my bb works.
    09-14-14 07:39 AM
212 1234 ...