I've been an avid user of an iPhone 3G, 3GS & 4, then I came over to BlackBerry and got myself a Bold 9900 then a Z10 on release.

The Z10 is easily the best and easiest phone I have ever used. The best keyboard and The Hub is just the killer for me, it's the reason I like using my Z10 everyday. But some times, with Apple being the market leader, do you feel that you may be missing out because you don't use an iPhone?

All of my friends use an iPhone so none of them will jump over to BBM and are all using iMessage and WhatsApp.... Just things like this.

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    Davidro1 and dannycabrera like this.
    09-13-14 07:36 PM
    Nope, never.

Use the phone that is best for you. No need to follow the crowd or get what your friends have.
    shaleem, lift, syah iejam and 6 others like this.
    09-13-14 07:41 PM
    I've been an avid user of an iPhone 3G, 3GS & 4, then I came over to BlackBerry and got myself a Bold 9900 then a Z10 on release.

The Z10 is easily the best and easiest phone I have ever used. The best keyboard and The Hub is just the killer for me, it's the reason I like using my Z10 everyday. But some times, with Apple being the market leader, do you feel that you may be missing out because you don't use an iPhone?

All of my friends use an iPhone so none of them will jump over to BBM and are all using iMessage and WhatsApp.... Just things like this.

I own a bit of everything. Like I own at least one of each type of phones (samsung, blackberry, iphone...etc) but I use my Z10 as my primary device as it suits me best. But I have to say that I do like features from a lot of the other phones. That's just the way it is, no perfect device or os
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    09-13-14 07:43 PM
    Tried a Motorola. I kind of liked it except battery life was awful, and I missed the BlackBerry keyboard. But it was nice to be able to play some games. I will probably stick with BlackBerry but until they make my perfect device (a 9810 that runs BB10) I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 07:47 PM
    NO, why.
    09-13-14 07:54 PM
    Not really, no.

I solve the problem of friends on different platforms by not having friends.

Posted via CB10
    Ealaionta, lift, gebco and 26 others like this.
    09-13-14 07:55 PM
    Not really, no.

I solve the problem of friends on different platforms by not having friends.

Posted via CB10
    Why didn't I ever think of that...hmm

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 07:58 PM
    I did: I jumped from Apple to Android, then from Android to Blackberry. Never going back.
    lift, syah iejam, jevinzac and 3 others like this.
    09-13-14 08:02 PM
    Whyy would I want to take a step backwards?

BlackBerry 10 is simply the best and most advanced OS on the market

10.3 runs Android apps better then nearly all Android devices.

I'll stay with BlackBerry 10 as I choose to move forward as opposed to regressing with another platform

Posted via CB10
    syah iejam and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-13-14 08:11 PM
    I went from BlackBerry to Apple. That lasted for two months, I needed my bbm. I've been using two devices since 2012. I have bought 3 BlackBerry's and 1 iPhone ( they don't change too much year to year)
    I enjoy having both.
    09-13-14 08:14 PM

i use iphone 5s as my main phone and q10 as a secondary phone since the way i work and do things this is the best combination i can have, no compultions, choose the primary device which u love to work with and do things better of what you like to do.

thats it... nothing is good or bad, its more like which device is more suitable to your persona.... for a granny an old school nokia with physical keys are the best phones in this world, so do for a investment banker who wish to have live ticker of stock markets which he can choose apple coz its filled with great app for finance peeps. same goes to blackberry if u want to be diffrent and deals with hundreds of emails a day and dont remember email attachments, it has seperate repository for attachments on mails so u can easily find what you are looking forward too....

thats it....
    09-13-14 08:45 PM
    I notice a lot of people on here say they carry multiple devices - is that the best answer? Hypothetically I could probably do everything I want/need with my Q and the biggest Android I could lay hands on. But at that point why not just carry a tablet around? Give me my Q and the mythical BB10 tablet and I'd be covered.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-13-14 09:00 PM
    I notice a lot of people on here say they carry multiple devices - is that the best answer? Hypothetically I could probably do everything I want/need with my Q and the biggest Android I could lay hands on. But at that point why not just carry a tablet around? Give me my Q and the mythical BB10 tablet and I'd be covered.

Posted via CB10
    Or use Passport and an ipad! You got BlackBerry 10 phone which can run Android apps, and get the best tablet OS out there.
    09-13-14 09:05 PM
    What are friends?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:07 PM
    I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and a Z10. I switch back and forth between the two because I like both phones. I've never used an iPhone and never had the desire for one. As someone said earlier, use whatever you like. I don't pay much attention to fan boys of any platform. I've been a BlackBerry user for about 6 years or so and I've always found them to be reliable. Never had an issue with any of them.

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Samsung Note 3
    09-13-14 09:22 PM
    Or use Passport and an ipad! You got BlackBerry 10 phone which can run Android apps, and get the best tablet OS out there.
    I do use and like my old iPad. But I like to be able to Bridge to a BlackBerry tablet and use my phone's data. Can't do that with my iPad.

Passport is starting to really interest me though. Looking forward to playing with one.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:22 PM
    I think a lot like you. Yes, I love having something different, and I love the way my Z10 works, but sometimes I toy with the idea of being like my friends. iMessage is a big one, and iOS is slowly adding features I like from BB10. I won't convert, but it's definitely been in my mind. Maybe someday if I have the money I'll invest in an Apple ecosystem just for fun.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:24 PM
    You know, I have to admit sometimes I wonder. My mom has an iPad at her place, and when I visit twice a year I pick it up and mess around.

I originally bought the iPad three years ago, got bored with it after a few months and gave it to her, and now I'm here again trying to figure out why iOS is so freaking popular. And I can't figure it out.

I guess if you like games, there's an obvious answer. Tons of those for iOS, and some of them are spectacular. The one I remember was Machinarium. That game was incredible at the time and I still remember it vividly. So there iOS is the clear victor.

But when it comes to messaging? Gimme a break. The iPad drove me nuts. Text editing was awful, attachments were a joke. The notifications area? Please. It seemed, and still seems, silly to me. Even just the look of things; it looks like a toy.

And then there was the lack of Flash support, so much of what I was trying to watch through the browser was a no go.

I mean they talk about installing this app for a better on-screen keyboard, and that app for a Hub-type experience...and I sort of love BlackBerry because I almost don't use ANY apps.

I have Backup Pro, a subway app for NYC, I very rarely use Nobex and Slacker, and that's it. And I love it that way. The browser is a monster, the keyboard unbeatable, the phone quality (and I feel this is always overlooked) is phenomenal compared to an iPhone.

On iOS these things are lacking, and in addition I feel like there's an obsession with shoving as much crap as possible onto what is essentially a "total entertainment device". I never understood the endless yammer about "The App Gap." I'm probably spoiled as I have no need of Google services, I don't even know what Outlook is, and for banking or pretty much any other situation I just go to the first-class browser. I love it.

While the iOS situation with the bells and whistles and sexiness is great for those that want it, I just treat my phone as more of a personal assistant than a court jester. My laptop is where I go to be entertained, and having said all that, I use (and love) a Macbook. Apple was onto something - for me, compared to a PC, the Mac is simplified and streamlined, which is oddly the opposite of how I I find their phones to be.

Anyway, that's just my take, and I'm kind of an *****. The iDevices are all still pretty cool, but I can't imagine using one as my go-to assistant that takes care of all the daily minutiae and logistics of my life. For that, nothing I've ever owned could come close to this Q10.

I guess for me BlackBerry is like a competent lawyer - boring as hell in concept, but man when you need to defend yourself or sue someone, there's nobody you'd rather have by your side, and it is absolutely up to the task.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:25 PM
    I love my Q10 and we have Android tablets laying around for when we need Goggle Services. Kids have a Z10 each. Nothing wrong with having a combo. And we did jump ship, from Apple to BlackBerry and Android.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Last edited by BBUniq01; 09-13-14 at 10:23 PM.
    09-13-14 09:31 PM
    I should also mention - the built-in File Manager, combined with Dropbox, USB, and micro SD has been unstoppable for me. It's unreal how flexible, agile and effective that combo is.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:33 PM
    I sometimes feel the need to use a different device. For example, I now use a Z10 as my daily driver but I have a Galaxy S5 sitting in my room unused. It's all a matter if using whatever works for you.

Sent from my awesome Z10
    09-13-14 09:35 PM
    NO! I use what I feel is best for me and I don't care what other people use or say. I am not jumping ship. Hopefully I never have to.
    09-13-14 09:55 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:25 PM
    No. Not unless some company comes out with a keyboard smartphone that is as good to use as a Q10 (or Bold 97xx/9900)
    09-13-14 10:28 PM
    The only item I want to change is the playbook and is cause BlackBerry killed my BlackBerry bridge in bb10........now my playbook is a shadow of before.

I'm waiting to see what blend will bring. Then I'll buy my android tablet.

But bb10 still works for me. There are developers there making the phone useful with my gadgets by making apps for : roku and pebble.

Then some apps like Powertools, onlocation, phone tab, etc make my phone even cooler.

If these things did not work. I would have left bb10 long time ago.

BlackBerry should thank some of these developers. They keep bb10 alive.

Posted via CB10
    wehttam likes this.
    09-13-14 10:44 PM
212 123 ...