First of all, Im new to blackberry. Something about two years ago my parents bought a blackberry smartphone because it offered the opportunity to use it as a modem. Although at that time the phone seemed complicated, compared with non-smartphones we had earlier, I falled in love with it. The features I liked the most were the outstanding battery life and call reception, no more, no less.

When the blackberry playbook was first released it was too expensive for my budget as I was looking for a sub $200 tablet, specifically android, which was the only alternative at the time on that budget. I ended buying an Archos 7c home tablet at $207.00 in Kmart (Im from Puerto Rico, an US territory island in the caribbean). That tablet was Android Eclair, if I remember well. The Archos didn't support flash, I couldn't even play angrybirds with it because it was way too slow. I tried different firmwares and was never really happy with it, the android OS I liked a lot but then It had an accident and lost it for good (I still have it dissembled in some drawer around my house).

I needed another tablet, in the meantime as most of what I did on the Archos was reading, and I missed it so much, my dear mother bought me a kindle touch. Oh was I happy to be able to read my favorite classic books again! But got bored of it VERY fast. I wasn't able to read at night, not without a quite intrusive lamp, the e-ink which promised a paper like reading experience wasn't quite there and my eyes were struggling. So I decided I needed a tablet again, simply because the experimental browser on the kindle was really bad and SO limited, no apps, etc. I then "decided" I was after the kindle fire, the only sub $200.00 tablet that apparently could handle my basic needs, reading, web browsing, some apps that would actually run without lagging and the infamous "force close" I grew to HATE about android on my Archos.

Then some miracle happened. I was short on cash at the moment, and couldn't wait any longer, I decided to go to my nearest RadioShack store where my dear hubby could use he's RadioShack credit card to buy it, oh, I also wanted another one for my mother just because she deserved it more than myself (she's the best). So, to the store we went but the Kindle fire wasn't available because here in Puerto Rico Amazon Prime doesn't work and the store decided not to sell it because of that. There my Kindle Fire dreams flew away... anyway being anxious, as I always am, kept looking at the shelves to see what else they had to offer when I happened to see a Blackberry Playbook 16GB discount price for $249.99, wow I said to myself, 16 GB instead of 8GB and 2 cameras? really? HUM I thought, so I remember having reading something about an OS 2.0 update for the blackberry playbook that allowed users to somehow have access to some android apps. I just couldn't resist and my husband bought the 2 playbooks I wanted and I said to myself, now I can video chat with mami (mommy), she can watch the girls over the internet the days we can't visit, that we couldn't even think of with the kindle fire.

Since that my playbook have had another official update and have more than exceeded what I needed on a tablet at the time, it could kick my Archos big time. The OS I LOVE, the multitasking, the reliability, not freezing, etc. I read everyday crackberry waiting for the official release of the 2.1 beta, which probably will solve some of the minor issues I have with the playbook, the "landscape only" mail and calendar and also the android apps running on the same window. I really think it just makes sense that OS 2.1 official release be available either at the same time as the playbook 4g or a few weeks to a month later. Q4 for me means the playbook 4G will be available early to mid October which it's not that far.

For many people having a new playbook will make them acquire a blackberry phone also, as I did, so they can make advantage of the bridge and remote control. For me, my phone does more than I need it to do because with my playbook as a companion there is not much more to ask. I look forward to the opportunity of, maybe, get in my hands a much newer blackberry phone (mine is curve 8520), and can see myself selling my playbook to my brother or a nephew when the time comes when I can buy a 4g playbook with a bb10 smartphone.

In market are LOTS of alternatives from tablets to phones. Neither of them are life or death devices which we NEED, they are just convenient, useful and entertaining. This isn't about loyalty either, it's about having the device that lets you do what you have to do with ease. I can't read the future, nobody can, and I won't loose the next few months of my life to simply get a new phone, I, as most of us, have a family today, right now, next week and I plan on love them WAY more than I will like or love any tablet, phone, OS or company EVER. So do what works best for you, for my part I look forward to bb10 but right now I'm simply enjoying the most precious things of live and those doesn't sell at any store.
    Last edited by cathidid; 07-05-12 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Just go back through your post again and hit enter twice to separate your paragraphs .
    07-05-12 10:54 AM
    "Like" this comment if you read the whole thing
    "Like" the OP if you didn't/couldn't
    07-05-12 11:01 AM
    Thanks and sorry about my bad english :P what's OP????
    07-05-12 11:06 AM
    Thanks and sorry about my bad english :P what's OP????
    OP = Original Poster, person who started the thread, You

Your English isn't the problem It is the lack of sentence structure, paragraphs and such.
    That said, I did read the entire thing.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-05-12 at 11:18 AM.
    07-05-12 11:12 AM
    There is no need to fear the enter button. The enter button is your friend.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    07-05-12 11:23 AM
    Will not commit such sin again
    Thank you all

PD. "sentence structure, paragraphs and such" teacher needed.
    07-05-12 11:26 AM
    Will not commit such sin again
    Thank you all

PD. "sentence structure, paragraphs and such" teacher needed.
    Just go back through your post again and hit enter twice to separate your paragraphs .
    07-05-12 11:28 AM
    "Do what works best for you." Second that.

Also i did finish reading your entire post, though as mentioned above, paragraphing.
    07-05-12 12:02 PM
    "Like" this comment if you read the whole thing
    "Like" the OP if you didn't/couldn't
    Actually, I liked the post. I read the whole thing and like the way he (?) thinks. Love my Playbook, waiting for BB10, and understand that there are more things in life to love and enjoy right now than wasting time worrying about a phone/tablet .
    07-05-12 02:08 PM
    Great fix, and good points!
    07-05-12 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD