I can't begin to describe how utterly disappointed I am with the shop.blackberry experience, but I figured I would try in an effort to warn others.

my girlfriend and I bought new Z30 phones as part of the sale, as we just found out we are expecting our first child and wanted to make sure we had phones that would last. bought white and black models - and eagerly awaited their arrival.

Monday hit with no movement on our phones, but I figured with such a busy weekend maybe it would get pushed back to Tuesday, when the end of the day came and no information came through I decided to call. Despite being reassured my order was ready and just waiting to be picked up by fed ex, still nothing happened.

this morning I received the tracking number for one of the phones." perhaps the second one would be coming soon?" I foolishly thought to myself. when 1 pm hit today I decided to call back.

now I am informed from my barely english speaking representative that their was a stock issue with the white Z30, and they should be receiving more today. funny because yesterday i was told it was just waiting to be picked up by FedEx? if that was indeed the case, why has the Z30 remained active on the website for people to buy? and how can you justify nearly $20 in expedited shipping and it hasn't even left the warehouse after 3 days? do you offer "go back in the past shipping" because that's the only way it's getting to me on time now. for every one of these questions all I received was "sorry sir, but everything looks correct it just hasn't shipped out yet"

yeah I know, that's why I'm calling. it's actually worse to hear that everything is right because if something was wrong it could be corrected. this is just ridiculous. I run an ecommerce company and the FIRST thing you do when there is an issue with an order is CONTACT THE CUSTOMER so they know what's happening. I can't even have my device switched to a black one and have it shipped. I also can't return the ******* phone based on principle because I haven't received it yet, and they can't cancel my order because it's already to far along... WOW

so my girlfriends phone has just been delivered, and still waiting for another to be shipped out. I know people will respond with positive experiences with their store and thankfully you didn't have any problems, but with blackberry using a broken system for their orders reflects terribly on them, especially without a phone number to call BlackBerry themselves.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 12:35 PM
    I can't say as I've heard a good response with that company yet from the people I've talked with or read on here. I'm certainly not buying one from them.
    11-26-14 12:44 PM
    Ugh. I ordered mine 2 days ago, It was sent out to ship and is expected to come today. Are you in Canada?
    11-26-14 12:48 PM
    Must be luck or that I don't care. Ordered a white Q10 and it arrived in a week.
    11-26-14 12:50 PM
    Sorry to hear! That is an issue when you deal with third party distributors, they don't have much control over it.

I have ordered twice from them and both times I got my phones in very quickly - I ordered a black z30 late Friday night and it shipped Monday morning via FedEx and came in today on Wednesday. My Passport was delayed 2 days, but it shipped out on time and wasn't there fault - the delay was due to a power outage from UPS that affected all packages that went through that sort facility.
    11-26-14 12:53 PM
    I am pretty happy with my experience. I had a working phone, so there was no urgency for me to get my phone fast. Sorry that you had this problem, though. If you paid for expedited shipping, you should definitely ask for a refund.

The people who answer the phones are not actually in the shipping department, so they are only saying what they are instructed to tell callers, same as most businesses.

For people who want a BlackBerry and are okay with waiting, ShopBlackBerry is fine.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-26-14 12:53 PM
    waiting is one thing, delays without an explanation are another. I can't see them working to fix my problem, so how do I know they are?

this is like going to a cell provider, asking for a new phone, they go to the back to get your phone - and never come back...

you'd ask some questions like "where did that person go?" and "where is my phone?"

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:02 PM
    Yep everyone know DR isn't the best. So many threads complaining about them here on CB.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:06 PM
    vdubhero - hindsight is 20/20; people often don't go into things like this expecting problems...but if you had happened to check up on them first, you'd have found numerous threads here (and likely other places) of people complaining with issues using shopBlackBerry - which is in fact a third party supplier, Digital River, not BlackBerry themselves.

I personally have bought 4 Z30's from them - 2 (1 white, 1 black) a while back which showed up very quickly; and 2 more the same just the other day which I haven't received yet. Ordered on the 24th, got "order submitted" email; on 25th I got "order confirmation" email. Nothing else yet but hey it's only the 26th.

They're not the best at customer service, no doubt at all, but as far as buying a new BB device they're probably the best source thanks to the numerous sale promotions going on. Where else would one get a new, unlocked BB at a price like that?

Richard
    11-26-14 01:16 PM
    waiting is one thing, delays without an explanation are another. I can't see them working to fix my problem, so how do I know they are?

this is like going to a cell provider, asking for a new phone, they go to the back to get your phone - and never come back...

you'd ask some questions like "where did that person go?" and "where is my phone?"

Posted via CB10
    I'm so sorry you had this bad experience. I ordered a Passport a week after launch and due to the craziness it didn't ship until 3 weeks later. I was in touch with them but all they could tell me was 'it will ship when we have more stock'. I finally escalated it and got an email from the director of e-commerce at shopblackberry. She apologised for all the mix-ups and was very helpful. I'd ask to escalate and see what comes of it. Certainly ask for a refund of the expedited shipping costs you paid as you didn't receive it in a timely manner.
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-26-14 01:18 PM
    Thanks for everyone posting help and similar stories, still not sure the point of posting something like "wow that's a long post" but hey its the internet and people can do as they please...

I certainly should have looked into the company before purchasing, I take it for granted I will receive the same level of customer service that I would give at my company, that's my fault...

at this point not much to do but sit and wait to see if it eventually ships out.

I love that I have to write "if" and not "when"...

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:35 PM
    Where else would you buy it if not from Shop.blackberry?

I checked Amazon and it's the normal price.
    11-26-14 01:47 PM
    Amazon! You have to keep checking, prices on Amazon depend on stock level....
    11-26-14 01:51 PM
    I ordered my Q5 from the big sale on a Wednesday. It shipped the following Monday. In the meantime, nobody died.
    11-26-14 01:58 PM
    You may have recourse through your credit card issuer, if the charges for your outstanding phone are on one and the terms of the shipping have been violated and you truly feel like cancelling.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-26-14 01:59 PM
    I'm from San Jose California. I ordered three white Z30 for Christmas gift from Shop.BlackBerry.com on Monday 24, 2014 and late Tuesday at 5:30 P.M.(11/25/14) California time I got an email from them saying my products have shipped through FedEx and I should have them on Friday 28, 2014 at 4:30 P.M. Based on the tracking number, it is shipping from INDIANAPOLIS, IN.
    11-26-14 02:17 PM
    Ordered my Passport on launch day early in the morning and got it 2days later in the afternoon!
    11-26-14 02:22 PM
    wow, so you've ordered the exact same product than me, later than I did, and they have already shipped out? wtf?!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 02:28 PM
    I did not have any issues to get my lovely passport in a week as they promised

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 02:31 PM
    Never quite sure why people make these threads... just because the OP had a bad experience is not a reason for others to not shop there... if that was the criteria... we would not have any retailers... there are horror stories form all retail outfits.... The only time I would not advise anyone to not shop some place is when the retailer is outright dishonest... in most cases however it is incompetence mixed with call centres... the person taking your call is working from a screen with your data and can only relate what it says... if you call today and they tell you it is waiting for pick up it is what the screen says.. if you call tomorrow and they tell you there is a stock issue... it is because your order is updated and the clerk is simply relating the info... we have this weird idea that when we order on line or by phone we hare somehow getting personalized service... we are not... it is usually a minimum wage call centre employee who really does not care whether your order makes it or not.... they have no control over stock and shipping as they are only a call centre.......such is the joy of online shopping... my rule of thumb... when ordering online... expect problems... celebrate when there are none...
    11-26-14 02:33 PM
    I would love to buy from shop.blackberry... but it's not available in my country... I always have to buy my BlackBerry devices full price... no discounts... and well after they're out... Or... buy them on E-Bay...
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-26-14 03:19 PM
    Are the bad experiences I see posted here mainly from the USA site or the Canadian site... Or both?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    11-26-14 03:22 PM
    I had a great experience with shopblackberry.ca/.com. I ordered on launch day and it arrived in SW Ontario the next day.

Sorry your experience was dreadful OP. Still your headline is a bit harsh. I can understand your not wanting to deal with them further and can appreciate your wanting to warn others of that experience. I just wouldn't, personally, try to tell others where they should or shouldn't shop.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Tim Heard likes this.
    11-26-14 03:23 PM
    ShopBlackberry / DigitalRiver has *never* worked for me. First time I tried buying something from DigitalRiver years ago, they cancelled my order -- trying to re-purchase online ended with frustration. This wasn't BlackBerry, but another DigitalRiver storefront.

6 months ago, I tried buying a Z30 online for a few days - I would consistently get Payment Failed each time. I went to a store and bought it at a higher price instead, using the same card.

Today, I tried again for the Z30 @$249 as an Xmas gift, first using credit card, then PayPal, and each time - Payment Failed.

I give up.
    11-26-14 03:27 PM
    ShopBlackberry / DigitalRiver has *never* worked for me. First time I tried buying something from DigitalRiver years ago, they cancelled my order -- trying to re-purchase online ended with frustration. This wasn't BlackBerry, but another DigitalRiver storefront.

6 months ago, I tried buying a Z30 online for a few days - I would consistently get Payment Failed each time. I went to a store and bought it at a higher price instead, using the same card.

Today, I tried again for the Z30 @$249 as an Xmas gift, first using credit card, then PayPal, and each time - Payment Failed.

I give up.
    Are the Canadian and American sites both run by digital River?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    11-26-14 03:28 PM
187 123 ...