I don't know if this is the right place to post this kind of information or if this PRP is offered in countries other than Canada. But for your information:

There is a service plan for mobile phones called PRP or instant Product Replacement Plan from BestBuy. Now that new BBs are coming out, I want all of you to know, DON'T buy it. I work at BestBuy Canada and PRP is a complete rip off. In fact, there is a thin line between what BestBuy is doing legal or illegal under Canadian consumer fraud laws.

Also, please don't buy the so called "Playbook + BlackBerry Phone setup plan". BestBuy Canada will charge you about ~$100 for something that YOU can do at home in few hours if not in minutes.

Anyway, don't be a victim to large companies and simply refuse to buy setup and PRP. I had so many customers with complains, I think our legal system in Canada is hijacked by companies like BestBuy.

Buyer be aware!
    07-17-11 10:34 AM
    Sorry to say, but what you are doing is grounds for termination under best buys policies... Talking badly about a company you work for is typically a violation of policies and can lead to termination.

Anyways on the topic... How it is bad then? You didn't state any thing that would make us or anyone think its not worth it... Yes the set up, sure not worth it... But why isn't the warranty? You have yet to state why its not... No details at all... Give ppl a reason as to why not to get it and then you may have something....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 11:42 AM
    LOL, what a poorly informed employee.

Mobile devices carry a service plan, prepaid devices carry a replacement plan.

PRP is usually rather affordable, and you can walk in with a broken device, and walk out with a fully functional one, so um explain to me where that should be illegal? That is the type of service that everyone craves.

I honestly don't see anything productive coming from this, so I am just going to lock it up.
    07-17-11 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD