So I have this weird problem, and I can't seem to find a solution for it online.

Whenever I try to use normal headphones (i.e., not the headset thing) on my Blackberry for listening to music, they don't work. I can hear the music very faintly, but it's completely drowned out by this loud "BUH-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA" static noise. Moreover, the phone starts spazzing out and asking "Say a command" over and over again. However, when it says, "Say a command," it comes in crystal-clear.

Now, I've used the normal headset thing before for listening to music, and everything comes in clear. So this is an issue related purely to headphones. These headphones work fine in my 3DS, so it's not an issue with the headphones.

I should also note that I had a similar problem with the Android phone I owned before my Blackberry - whenever I used normal headphones to play music, the audio came in really quiet, even on max volume.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I want to buy an FM tuner to play music off my Blackberry in my car, but this is an issue that's obviously going to prevent that. Why do they design these phones to be so incompatible with audio devices?

EDIT: Phone is a Blackberry Curve 9320.
    12-02-13 03:05 AM
    Weird, for sure . All BlackBerrys I had worked fine with any headphones...

C000F331C channel
    12-02-13 05:12 AM
    They definitely work on the Curves.
    Any headphones should work. Might need to jiggle around the jack a bit.

I have had isolated cases of a pair of headphones just refusing to work for my BlackBerry. I have no idea why, but these are rare cases

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:30 AM
    And you tried different headphones?

The phone thinks you are using headphones with controls on it. Because there aren't any, it is as if you are clicking the button forever.

I suggest putting it in and taking it out over and over until it works.

Q10
    12-02-13 07:09 AM
    How about a picture of your headphones and a close up of the connector on the headset.. that will help solve this.

Thanks.
    12-02-13 07:29 AM
    I had the same issue when I first got my Z. Turned out that I had to push the headphone "plug" firmly into the jack. It is snug at the beginning. If it is not pushed all of the way then the Voice Command will come on.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    12-02-13 07:30 AM
    Yuuuuup. No problem on my Z10.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    12-02-13 08:30 AM
    That was actually the problem. I had tried jiggling it before, but for whatever reason this time, it work. It should be noted, however, that as I jiggled it, it did a few different oddities, such as activating voice command and scrolling songs. My most reasonable guess is that the headphone jack was inadvertently making contact with different contacts within the receptacle.

Anyway, mark this problem as solved. Could have been some furballs stuffing up the receptacle for all I know - I've had this phone for about six months, but never used any sort of headphones until last week.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, folks.
    12-02-13 08:31 AM
    FWIW, you would not believe the amount of work the Snapdragon phones have to do when someone shoves a plug into the headphone jack. What was just inserted ? American or British or mono or stereo or stereo with mic or video ? Since the newer gpio connectors with coding are not widely used yet, there is a whole lot of detective work that goes on, including looking at impedance ranges. It is really amazing that it works as well as it does.
    12-02-13 10:36 AM
    I want to use a headset with my Z10 10.2, can't use earbuds because of opticon hearing aids. Need help!!! want to listen to classical music and don't want to purchase an apple ipod
    12-22-13 05:22 PM
    FWIW, you would not believe the amount of work the Snapdragon phones have to do when someone shoves a plug into the headphone jack. What was just inserted ? American or British or mono or stereo or stereo with mic or video ? Since the newer gpio connectors with coding are not widely used yet, there is a whole lot of detective work that goes on, including looking at impedance ranges. It is really amazing that it works as well as it does.
    To add to that, My Q10 tells me if it is headphones, headset (with mic), or even line out. I thought it was very interesting that it knew the difference between headphones and a line out. If it doesn't for you I'm on a leaked OS so maybe it was not like this before.

Anyway, when I first got the Q10 I had to really push the headphone jack in until I heard a click. It wears down after a while and works beautifully now. Still stays in firmly but it's easier to insert the plug now

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:32 PM
    To add to that, My Q10 tells me if it is headphones, headset (with mic), or even line out. I thought it was very interesting that it knew the difference between headphones and a line out. If it doesn't for you I'm on a leaked OS so maybe it was not like this before.

Anyway, when I first got the Q10 I had to really push the headphone jack in until I heard a click. It wears down after a while and works beautifully now. Still stays in firmly but it's easier to insert the plug now

Posted via CB10

you just said what i was going to say - the Q10 ( and Z30) needed my senheiser headphone jack jammed in rather hard, and the odd static noise stopped. Oddly, my Z10 doesn't present this problem at all...

Sent from Tapatalk
    12-22-13 05:40 PM
    Strangely, my old ear buds I used with an iPhone (with controls) didn't work in my Z10 and now they don't work with my Z30.

So, basically, music sounds great. I can make voice commands. I can make a call and hear the other person but the other person can't hear me.

Since this happened with two blackberries I think it must be a compatibility issue.

I have a spare generic set of ear buds (not apple) and they seem to work just fine. I also have a set of over the ear Klipsch headphones that work well for all purposes.

Weird.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:49 PM
    So I have this weird problem, and I can't seem to find a solution for it online.

Whenever I try to use normal headphones (i.e., not the headset thing) on my Blackberry for listening to music, they don't work. I can hear the music very faintly, but it's completely drowned out by this loud "BUH-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA" static noise. Moreover, the phone starts spazzing out and asking "Say a command" over and over again. However, when it says, "Say a command," it comes in crystal-clear.

Now, I've used the normal headset thing before for listening to music, and everything comes in clear. So this is an issue related purely to headphones. These headphones work fine in my 3DS, so it's not an issue with the headphones.

I should also note that I had a similar problem with the Android phone I owned before my Blackberry - whenever I used normal headphones to play music, the audio came in really quiet, even on max volume.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I want to buy an FM tuner to play music off my Blackberry in my car, but this is an issue that's obviously going to prevent that. Why do they design these phones to be so incompatible with audio devices?

EDIT: Phone is a Blackberry Curve 9320.
    Did you make sure it was plugged in all the way?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    Sorry, didn't read all the posts. Glad you solved it. I have had that problem with other devices too.
    12-22-13 07:34 PM
    FWIW (& not to dispute the OP's experience) as I have a bushel of headsets from various plane flights & many more ear buds of every descrip... most work most of the time..

I do occasionally have the "volume thing" happen for me.. only when using my "Square" credit card reader installed, now that seems to ALWAYS be a sh*tty connection...in every reader I've used, maybe 5 dif ones I know work for others. Go figure.

BTW, it's a release day purchased Z10, & yeah...I def DID push it in all the way... (are you my wife??)

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:58 PM
    I want to use a headset with my Z10 10.2, can't use earbuds because of opticon hearing aids. Need help!!! want to listen to classical music and don't want to purchase an apple ipod
    If you don't want to spend a fortune, then buy some AKG K-44 headphones online (they're a reasonably low-priced set with a decent sound) and purchase the Neutron Player in the BlackBerry store and you should find yourself pleasantly surprised with your listening experience

CB10 on Z10
    12-22-13 08:19 PM
    My skullcandy headphones work great with my Q10. It could be your device though. Idk.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:38 PM