Hi guys,
    I heard that without TMO hotspot at home ,using my 8120 I connect to internet thru wireless router which has internet and switch off my mobile network connection. can I save my plan minutes?? Please clarify.Thanks a bunch.
    06-15-08 06:12 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

To answer your question... if you DO NOT have Hotspot@Home you can still connect to the WiFi and make calls over UMA, but there is no benefit as far as saving minutes. Your minutes are still used, as normal.

The only benefit to connecting to the WiFi if you do not have H@H is to browse the web over WiFi and to use the UMA calling if you do not have good EDGE reception in your house, etc.

I highly recommend getting Hotspot@Home!! It is a great way to save minutes and you get a lot more use out of the WiFi. When you are at home, work, WiFi hotspot somewhere you do not have to tap into your monthly minute allowances!!
    06-15-08 10:46 PM
    Thank you so much for the information.
    06-15-08 11:38 PM
    No problem!! Browse the forum to find out a lot more about your BlackBerry!!

Once you start... you can't stop
    06-16-08 07:28 AM
    I have an 8820.
    If I remove the sim card, connect to my router at home or use a hotel's free wifi, is there anyway my provider can track and charge me data minutes?
    (I realize I can't make calls but I can check my web mail and do a bit of surfing.)
    06-25-08 01:23 PM
    I have an 8820.
    If I remove the sim card, connect to my router at home or use a hotel's free wifi, is there anyway my provider can track and charge me data minutes?
    (I realize I can't make calls but I can check my web mail and do a bit of surfing.)
    No. Without a SIM you can still use your device to browse the web using WiFi, etc and they should not be able to track you at all (since you removed the SIM).
    06-25-08 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD