I want to get a BB Curve (this week i become eligible for an upgrade on ATT) and I don't know if i should pay the extra $50 to get the 8320 instead of the 8310 w/o wifi.

Is it really worth it having wifi? whenever i'm close to a wifi signal, i have my laptop close by.

is the EDGE network fast enough so i dont need wifi? I won't be surfing a lot anyway.

Thanks
    07-13-09 10:12 AM
    I think you just answered your own question.

Get the 8310 and you'll have GPS.
    07-13-09 10:24 AM
    Thanks, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something (like wifi is something that I REALLY need to have)

07-13-09 10:26 AM
    if you have a data plan(ulimited) no, you will get quicker speed on the net, but you will get more out of the GPS probably.
    07-13-09 10:42 AM
    Yes, I'm getting the plan, because, as far as I know, the wifi won't work without it anyway.
    I won't be surfing (unless is needed), but i would be using messenger sevices (msn live) is the speed enough not to get dropped signal?

Thanks
    07-13-09 10:47 AM
    Thanks, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something (like wifi is something that I REALLY need to have)

AT&T offers models with Wifi support, but they do not offer the infrastructure to make UMA work on their network.

UMA offers a second connection path for voice, text and data. It most useful when you work or live in a carrier signal shadow. It is also useful for international travel, because it allows you full plan access, anywhere in the World.

Without UMA, the only function added is the Hotspot Browser. That is useful if you will be downloading or streaming, it's much faster then the Internet Browser.

Given the lack of carrier UMA support, I would not recommend the 8320.

i would be using messenger sevices (msn live) is the speed enough not to get dropped signal?
    IM Messenger's work well on BlackBerry. They will get through when I don't have enough signal for a voice connection.

07-13-09 01:50 PM
    Thank you Reed !!!
    I'll come back with more questions when i get my new bb !!
    07-13-09 03:36 PM
    LOL, the GPS will help you find your way back.
    07-13-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD