Since I am new to this site kinda I was seeing alot of people upgrading to a different OS. which mind you I didn't even know what or where it was til yesturday lol!! anyway, the question is how do i know if i need to upgrade or should I stay with what i have? What is the reasons for upgrading? and all the software I see for new apps how do I download those? I guess Im kinda nervous that I will do it wrong or something.

oh yeah this is my OS v.4.3.065 (Platform 3.1.0.34)

Thank you for the help!
    08-20-08 02:39 PM
    If your BB is operating fine, no issues and there is no overriding reason to do so, there is no need.

From OS 4.3 to OS 4.5, you don't gain that much added feature to make it worth it unless you just can't wait.
    08-20-08 02:42 PM
    there are benefits but you should get familiar with your phone first keep reading up on the procedures. your version is not out of date.
    when your ready there is plenty of help here. welcome to cb
    08-20-08 02:44 PM
    there are benefits but you should get familiar with your phone first keep reading up on the procedures. your version is not out of date.
    when your ready there is plenty of help here. welcome to cb
    I agree, if you are not familiar with your Berry yet i would wait on doing an upgrade as you can 'Brick' your Berry...
    08-20-08 02:46 PM
    Thanks I will leave it for now then I do have little issues with my pearl like it erases my call log or simple things like that nothing that I can't fix. they actually told me to exchange the phone but I don't want a refurb. so I will suffer until I get the Thunder or Curve whichever comes before Feb of next year lol!! Again thank you for the help! I love this site!!
    08-20-08 02:47 PM
    I double checked your os version is the latest version officially released on telus for your phone. alot of the updates you see people talking about here are beta unofficial releases. making the update process more difficult and often contain bugs. so stay put for now telus should have an official 4.5 release soon.
    08-20-08 02:50 PM
    Thanks I will leave it for now then I do have little issues with my pearl like it erases my call log or simple things like that nothing that I can't fix. they actually told me to exchange the phone but I don't want a refurb. so I will suffer until I get the Thunder or Curve whichever comes before Feb of next year lol!! Again thank you for the help! I love this site!!
    thats a whole different but common problem do this...http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-20-08 02:51 PM

The erasing of the call logs is probably memory related.
    Are your messages deleting themselves as well?
    If this is the case it's a very minor, and easily fixed problem.
    What is your file free memory?
    Options > Status > File Free.

EDIT: Use Link mentioned above, and your problem will be fixed.
    08-20-08 02:53 PM
    Actually when I called my cell provider they walked me through the memory cleaning process. Right now my File Free: 1094521 Bytes i cleared it last week I don't upload things I do have several themes but deleted some becuase the memory was gone. I have a memory card in the phone as well. what else can i do to add memory? thanks for the help!
    08-20-08 03:24 PM
    I forgot to add that yes my messages are deleted as well.
    08-20-08 03:27 PM
    1mb free is nothing, you need around 15mb free to be good.
    08-20-08 03:29 PM
    Actually when I called my cell provider they walked me through the memory cleaning process. Right now my File Free: 1094521 Bytes i cleared it last week I don't upload things I do have several themes but deleted some becuase the memory was gone. I have a memory card in the phone as well. what else can i do to add memory? thanks for the help!
    1094521 is critically low. You need to get those sample pics videos etc out of there among other things. Also delete any apps you dont use.
    08-20-08 03:35 PM
    go here from your phone and dl the OTA link MaxMem - Free Memory Optimizer - Free 5MB Of Space! | BerryReview.com � run the program then delete it. Its an easier but not as thorough way of what I told you in post #7
    08-20-08 03:38 PM
    go here from your phone and dl the OTA link MaxMem - Free Memory Optimizer - Free 5MB Of Space! | BerryReview.com � run the program then delete it. Its an easier but not as thorough way of what I told you in post #7
    Thank you I will do this, I appreciate you taking time to help me out. do i need to turn my phone off once i do it? Im scared, geez Im not a BB geek hope i do it correct lol!! wish me luck!!!
    08-20-08 04:12 PM
    oh yeah, how do i delete it once I've ran it??
    08-20-08 04:13 PM
    options>advanced>applications, find maxmem hit menu & delete.
    oh and when it asks "delete VAD" thats voice activated dialing, If you dont use it get rid of it, some carriers dont have it. if you dont delete it anyway. everything else is pretty self explanatory.
    08-20-08 04:26 PM
    So i have 10493367 now free, file total is 50462720 most of the apps said for t-mobile i did them any ways lol! did that help or no?
    08-20-08 04:39 PM
    So i have 10493367 now free, file total is 50462720 most of the apps said for t-mobile i did them any ways lol! did that help or no?
    It helped but not enough. According to the experts here, you want at least 12mb (that's 12,000,000) worth of free memory to keep things running smoothly. You might want to check out the CrackMem app (http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/) on this forum to get rid of some of the extra junk your provider loaded your phone with.
    08-20-08 04:47 PM
    thank you all especially pltaylor I miss the southern politeness (im origianally from Atlanta, GA ) and the others as well. I now have 11500923 so I will see about the other link and getting 12,000,000 geez, it isnt like i have alot of stuff. i mean i have a few themes and a couple ring tones should i delete those as well? or should i upgrade my memory card? all my pics are stored on my card not the phone. this is awful. i need to do a BB work class lol!!
    08-20-08 04:59 PM
    Ok, so I deleted a few of my themes as well but the problem i have is when I go to Options my About button when i press it nothing comes up. gosh, did I do something wrong? lol!! that's why I was scared to do anything. please help me I promise Im greatful for the help.
    08-20-08 05:07 PM
    Ok, so I deleted a few of my themes as well but the problem i have is when I go to Options my About button when i press it nothing comes up. gosh, did I do something wrong? lol!! that's why I was scared to do anything. please help me I promise Im greatful for the help.
    You didn't do anything wrong.
    That happens to some phones when you delete the VAD.
    08-20-08 05:25 PM
    thank you all especially pltaylor I miss the southern politeness (im origianally from Atlanta, GA )
    No, Thank you. That was very sweet of you to say.
    08-20-08 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD