Every now and then I would get that message saying that I have to reformat my memory card. This results in me constantly losing all my pictures/videos that are very important, and having to spend forever putting back things that I had from months ago. I always lost things because I could never get the chance to back anything up.

Now I got a new BB & memory card, same stuff is happening. Fortunately I do have an iPhone as well. Should I just transfer the music to that? This takes the longest to sort out every time and I listen to music a lot. I was wondering if one of the music files could be causing this since I had an error today in media player, before the media card messed up again. The only problem is when it's full, I can't buy a new card and transfer things onto it. Or I could try my luck with the BB for the 892478937th time, or claim for ANOTHER replacement. I've had a stupid amount of them, it's terrible.
    09-15-11 04:18 PM
    Seems kinda obvious that if you are having the same problems with a new BB and new media card what you are putting on the media card is the source of the problem.

I am guessing your music is downloaded off the net and not from reliable sources. Those files are often corrupt.
    09-15-11 07:12 PM
    Clean up the card, take everythnig off.

Options > Memory (Storage on OS6+) > Menu > Format Card

Move your stuff back in. Manually. Just drag and drop. Only use Desktop Software if you need a video converted. That should do the trick unless you're really unlucky to have two units with falty SD card readers (or bad SD cards).
    09-15-11 07:27 PM
    Could be just the format of music if downloading off the web....

I have never ran into that issue and a little here and there downloaded....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 08:04 PM
    @thebbnoob: Do you use BatteryEx? If so: Is the custom Battery Icon stored on the Device or the Card ?
    09-16-11 12:54 AM
    I suggest, you perform a low level format on your memory card using some third party tools. Once that is done the card should perform fine. Then Before you load up the card with any data insert the blank card to the device, the device would create folders for music, video and other things. Now load up the files on specific folders. This should make it more stable.
    09-16-11 01:57 AM
    I get my songs from iTunes, and used the same songs on my Storm 2 without problems. I don't use battery ex. It's confusing to even put the files back, because Zero Assumption Recovery has muddled the order of them. For example, I have a pictures folder, then another folder called pictures inside it with the same pictures, and others. Then I have a folder called Fragments with screen captures, then another one with the same stuff and more etc. It also has random file types that are up to 40GB? I'm not sure what they are... I just want my pictures and chat history, I can do the long boring process of music again.
    09-16-11 05:11 AM
    The only problem is when it's full, I can't buy a new card and transfer things onto it.
    Having a full SD or any other kind of drive can cause problems. Regular hard drives need about 30% free space in order to function properly. There is overhead associated with file and folder management that needs room to work. Try giving yourself some free space and see what happens.
    09-16-11 05:49 AM
    Comodo anti virus on another pc brought 3 files up as low threat viruses. :S Could be false, my Norton didn't and it's up to date (not sure about the Comodo).

Having a full SD or any other kind of drive can cause problems. Regular hard drives need about 30% free space in order to function properly. There is overhead associated with file and folder management that needs room to work. Try giving yourself some free space and see what happens.
    I'm gonna try and put everything back into place from the ZAR files using drag and drop, if it asks to overwrite anything, then it's just a duplicate placed into another folder I guess. As for the 40GB files, I have no clue what they are... Afterwards, I'm gonna go through my songs on my phone, and anything I don't really listen to or I think "I'm gonna skip this when it's on shuffle" = delete. I have loads of screen caps, but they don't take up too much space.
    09-16-11 06:47 AM
    Please everyone I usually hate to say this but please don't bother wasting your time with this thread and like I said I am not usually like this. i enjoy helping people but look whatthe OP has created in this thread with everyone to the point that he WILL NOT do what people who know tell him to do anyway so why waste the effort.

Here is his other thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...failed-647308/
    09-16-11 10:36 AM
    1 thread per customer per topic! Use the existing thread!!!!!!! As above and again it's.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...failed-647308/
    09-16-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD