So after reading a fantastic article in Laptop magazine about a certain someones addiction to his Blackberry - and how it was pulled out at a funeral - I was thankful that I wasn't to that point of addiction. As I ventured off to my part-time job bartending, I figured it would be just another night - couldn't have been more wrong. About ten minutes before closing, some idiots decided to throw down. Since we don't have a bouncer, I made my way to pull the two parties outside and get everything under control. In the process ***** #1 reached around and nailed me with a left hook. My lip busted wide open, and I ended up in the ER since they had to get a cosmetic surgeon to put it back together in the right spot. So what was I to do with a screaming headache and a few hours to kill? Pull out my BB of course. Instantly I realized what an addiction I had. I know for sure if I were ever waiting for someone in the hospital I would have my BB out, but I never thought I would be using it with blood dripping from my face, two triage nurses running around me, tons of screaming people and an IV in my arm. Oh well. Guess it just puts it all in perspective.
    11-18-07 12:37 PM
    sorry bout the face a.

hope you feel better...

a little something to numb the pain perhaps??

-db

keep yer chin up son.
    11-18-07 12:40 PM
    Sorry to hear about your lip.....

Make sure you clean up the stains...
    11-18-07 01:03 PM
    yeah yeah yeah but how is the berry?

J/K hope you are feeling better..
    11-18-07 01:29 PM
    Hope you heal well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-07 01:43 PM
    Good to hear you are alright... You have to bob and weave. It could have been worst however, he could have missed you and hit your bb. OH MY!!!
    11-19-07 09:19 AM
    So after reading a fantastic article in Laptop magazine about a certain someones addiction to his Blackberry - and how it was pulled out at a funeral - I was thankful that I wasn't to that point of addiction.
    I imagine that article was written to make me look worse then I am. For my job, I MUST be available 24/7/365 and have had many times where if I didn't respond to an issue right away, the company could've lost major $.

Yesterday in church, I counted at least 2 dozen people on their Blackberry's during Paster's Sermon so I know that I'm not that bad. I'll have more feedback about this story once I get a chance to read it. The editor e-mailed me last night and is shipping out my copy this morning.
    11-19-07 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD