I have been an android power user for almost 2 years and had to change to a cheap BB due to a dead S2 and do really enjoy my curve and love the real keyboard and well thought out OS but most of the apps I use aren't on app world and I find the apps are a little overpriced and there isn't a massive choice.

I have an upgrade in June and would like to stick with BB but the app store puts me off, are they any changes coming which will be worth it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    12-14-12 05:44 PM
    Yes there are changes... Wait for January 30th.
    12-14-12 05:52 PM
    Supposedly, BB10 will launch in January with 200,000 apps. Hopefully they don't all make fart noises. It may be June (many people reason) before the phones are available within the US on a carrier plan though. So, your timing might be good.
    12-14-12 05:55 PM
    check back here in a few months and you'll have a much better idea if blackberry world is up to snuff
    12-14-12 06:11 PM
    Supposedly, BB10 will launch in January with 200,000 apps. Hopefully they don't all make fart noises. It may be June (many people reason) before the phones are available within the US on a carrier plan though. So, your timing might be good.
    Check your numbers nugent. Its not that high.
    12-15-12 01:38 AM
    Just had a look around and rim say 100,000 which is plenty....just hope my uk bus times app will be there!

Quiet excited about OS10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    12-15-12 02:03 AM
    Well after submitting apps to rim the turn around to published is 2 days. Slowly getting all my local area apps ready to go. With time to spare. The tools rim gives us makes it super easy.
    ritesh likes this.
    12-15-12 02:07 AM
    I was in contact with an Android dev who developed a UK bus times app and he said he may not port his Android version over due to RIM not releasing their maps to devs it might be hard to do?
    12-19-12 04:43 PM
    Supposedly, BB10 will launch in January with 200,000 apps. .
    Geez, this number keeps getting larger and larger as it passes the rumour mill.

I've heard 70,000 (from Frank Boulben in that interview); I've heard one analyst say 100,000. Now you got 200,000 from somewhere.
    12-19-12 04:46 PM
    Apparently current number is 70000 that are at the moment ready for BB10 but they plan to launch with 100000. I'm assuming the big portion of those will be PB apps that will be adapted to work on BB10 screens and smaller portion will be portovers that RIM is currently doing hack-a-tons and port-a-tons for.
    12-19-12 05:59 PM
    Where did you get this information? First I've heard this.
    12-19-12 07:56 PM
    I would hardly consider the majority of applications in BlackBerry AppWorld overpriced, although a few might not be worth any cost including free.
    12-20-12 12:31 AM
    I would hardly consider the majority of applications in BlackBerry AppWorld overpriced, although a few might not be worth any cost including free.
    Haha, do you Not remember Kevin buying that $300 Clock app? LOL
    12-20-12 01:21 AM
    I believe it was a $500 Clock App!! The $500 Desktop Clock App for BlackBerry that I was dumb enough to buy... | CrackBerry.com
    12-20-12 01:59 PM
    Nobody forced the "Dear Leader " to purchase the clock app. As I recall he was drunk in a Las Vegas hotel room...he forgot the golden rule of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" and told us about his folly. Besides maybe that particular clock app was worth USD500.00.
    12-21-12 07:16 AM
    I'm one of the BBerry Ship-Jumpers that left my Berry for Android and iPhone. I caved to all my friends telling me I was a Dinosaur and that Berry was dead. I had to find out what the excitement was about re: Android and iPhone.

Background, I started my smart phone experience with an old Nextel Blackberry many moons ago. I thought it was OK back then, but soon dropped it for a Motorola Q with a Windows Operating System. That worked for a while. I went back to Black about 6 years ago with the Curve. Strangely, the only thing that lured me back was T-Mo's UMA WiFi calling transparency. At the time, there was no "unlimited " calling plans and the thought of being able to call and take calls as much as I wanted as long as I was on WiFi, while still using my cell number was the lure.

I remember buying the phone and the salesperson said "You are going to hate going from Windows to BlackBerry. Give it a month before you decide to return it, OK?" That's really what he said. I was puzzled. From the moment I picked up the Curve I was home. It was simply intuitive. I did not have to read the manual, figure anything out, or struggle with anything. It was as if I personally designed the OS. It did what I expected intuitively. I loved it. I then upgraded to the 9780 and was amazed at the upgrade. OS 6 was nice and the trackpad vs ball was good as well.

When I caved to the iPhone and Android, I was amazed at the apps. They are sweet if that's your gig. But I'm a business owner. I run two businesses and can't miss a tick when it comes to my busy schedule. As I posted on another thread, all I did was whine about how I missed my BBerry. So I came back about two weeks ago, and it is so nice. I'm productive again. I'll use the 9780 until "10" is well entrenched and then maybe hop over to that platform.

This has been debated on thousands of forums nationwide, but it really comes down to your preference. If you are into apps and like the Android or iPhone "smartphone AKA mini computer in your pocket to play with" platform, then go that direction. If you are into sleek communication and need a productivity tool that happens to have all the apps I need to be productive, then stay with BlackBerry. IMO, nothing does email, text, and of course BBM like a BlackBerry. The OS is elegant for communication. It's truly a PDA designed around a phone for productivity and management. iPHONE and Android to me are more mini computers that have a phone built in.

Whatever works for you, but for me, I have to be on BlackBerry if I want to get stuff done,and done efficiently, without all the distractions that the other platforms throw at you.

Good luck in your decision.
    ctuffy likes this.
    12-22-12 08:22 AM
    Nobody forced the "Dear Leader " to purchase the clock app. As I recall he was drunk in a Las Vegas hotel room...he forgot the golden rule of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" and told us about his folly. Besides maybe that particular clock app was worth USD500.00.
    500, 300....Still a lot of money.
    12-22-12 12:31 PM