Has this actually been proven? If so, which current BlackBerry phones are the best for receiving signals?

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-14-14 02:36 AM
    4 iphones in my family. I'm the only one with BlackBerry. Sisters keep complaining about signals in the house. My mom phone calls keep dropping constantly. My friends that use Samsung keep complaining about not having any bars. My Z10 always have 1-2 bars all the time.

My house uses a lot of insulators up in the roof. Signals have a hard time to penetrate my house.
    Don't take my words for it. Test it and see it for yourself.

As for the best phone with the best signal, it has to be the Z30.
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-14-14 02:43 AM
    Scientifically, not really proven. Real word use, IMO experience it's an entirely accurate statement.
    07-14-14 02:55 AM
    It does for me. When I'm at my parents place it's the ONLY device that won't drop call if you go up or down stairs at their house. It's in a bad position and most loose signal there, but not my Z10.
    07-14-14 03:41 AM
    Not really from my own experience (Z10, then Z30).

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 04:31 AM
    My friend has a cheap android phone and was always wondering, how come the web and YouTube load faster on my BlackBerry than on his NoName so I guess there is a difference

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 04:36 AM
    My Z10 is always better than coworkers iphones at work.
    07-14-14 04:38 AM
    It's true. I work in a hotel in an area with bad reception, even more so within the building. When a guest comes up to the reception desk and asks me if it's normal to have bad reception here, I tend to say "I have no problem on my BlackBerry". But of course I have to be friendly and say it is indeed true and that it's better outside. Only when they then continue saying something like "I never had this problem with my iPhone/Samsung before" I say "I don't have this problem on my BlackBerry but I've heard others brands do". I'm the only one at work with a BlackBerry and all my colleagues have issues. I see a lot of business people every day, a lot of (BB7) BlackBerry phones, but the only ones complaining are people using different brands. I've seen too many examples to not believe this statement.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    sk8er_tor, lift, bungaboy and 11 others like this.
    07-14-14 04:43 AM
    Yes.. my Blackberry Z10 has the best reception than any phone I have come across..!!
    07-14-14 04:57 AM
    It may also depend where you are or live and what Network you use. In the UK 4G Speed in London is Stronger, Faster and Better than any other Part of the UK.

Z10, Q10, Z30. Out of all 3 of my devices, the Z30 has the best Signal.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    07-14-14 05:28 AM
    Not in my case. I don't wanna sound blatant, but my Z30 has the worst reception ever. I guess that's partly because of my awful cell carrier, but still. My friends with iPhones and Androids have better reception using the same carrier. It's a well known problem with BB10 devices in Russia (particularly in Moscow), when all Q10, Z10 and Z30 lose connection during the call. It happens multiple times during the day, no matter how strong the signal is.

I tried contacting my provider and they said they will look into the problem, but nothing changed.

I guess, the root of the problem lies in the fact that BB10 devices are not officially presented on Russian market. Hence OS is not optimized for Russian cellular networks. So, we are doomed to dropped calls. Sometimes it renders my device almost unusable. To the point when I start to swear and eager to throw my Z against the wall.

It saddens me. But there's nothing I can do, unfortunately. As much as I love my Z30, sometimes I hate it the same for this lousy behavior.
    Galifrey and puppet1 like this.
    07-14-14 05:52 AM
    I get better signal (on Big Red) than ALL of my friends on AT&T, regardless of what phone i'm using, so theres that.
    Genghis2k3 and Dougie011 like this.
    07-14-14 06:59 AM
    In weaker signal areas, my Z30 consistently has a stronger signal than an S4 in our family.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 07:54 AM
    I always thought it was a carrier issue and not device specific. At home and away both the BlackBerry and iPhone have good reception on Verizon.
    07-14-14 08:16 AM
    I have a z10 and my wife has an android and it depends on who we visit or where we are at. Sometimes I win and sometimes she wins. My phone is still better than hers though

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 08:23 AM
    OP, where have you seen such claims? From what I know, only the Z30 is marketed to achieve better connectivity on low coverage areas due to its antenna. I might be wrong, though.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-14-14 08:25 AM
    I live in an area with poor coverage and my wife has to always use my Z30 out and about because her Iphone says no service.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 08:26 AM
    For me, it was mixed. When on AT&T, my BlackBerry devices seemed to hold a better signal than anything else. On Verizon, not so much. My iPhone 5S regularly holds a better LTE connection than my Z10, and also picks up LTE in places where my Z10 doesn't. The Z10 does maintain a better LTE and mobile connection than my Galaxy Nexus though.

My Motorola devices on Verizon have always been fantastic in this category as well.
    07-14-14 08:53 AM
    We have a big tech publication here in Germany that actually runs scientific laboratory tests for reception quality when reviewing smartphones, splitted by frequencies and standards (GSM/2G/3G/4G). BlackBerrys reception quality by these tests is almost always > 25 out of 30 points, iPhones, HTC Ones and Galaxys usually sitting between 20 and 25 max.
    gebco, bungaboy, raino and 13 others like this.
    07-14-14 09:27 AM
    My Z10 gets better signal in our house than the non-blackberry phones. That being said, Samsung has to be the worst device maker for cell radios. Every galaxy and note device I've bought has completely sucked for cell connection no matter where I am. I will never understand how they sell so many phones.
    lift, Monsterlad and Observer2 like this.
    07-14-14 09:46 AM
    My old 9800 Torch always worked well at my current house, with a few slightly sketchy spots depending on where I stood inside; the phone might cut out a little.

A while back when I got a brand new iPhone 4S I couldn't believe how much trouble I had placing and receiving calls. I literally would have to go outside to get a usable signal. One particularly cold winter night I found myself putting on my bluetooth earpiece and cracking the garage door open so I could put the phone outside to dial a call but remain "inside" ... ridiculous!!!

When I dumped the iPhone and eventually got my Z10, the Z10 works just as well as my Torch did. Never have a problem placing or receiving calls inside my house, though there are a few spots where the signal gets weak and I have to move around so it doesn't cut out.

All of this on the same carrier - AT&T.

So my experience? At least compared to a 4S, yes, demonstrably better signal. Some might say it's a fluke and a "small sample size" being just 1 phone but by now the 4S is beyond notorious for signal problems.

Richard
    07-14-14 09:46 AM
    My sister had an iPhone and the battery would only last until noon because in her office at work she gets no signal and her phone is constantly searching for one. Even with very little to no use it would completely die in 5 to 6 hours. I gave her my Z10 and she not only has signal but receives 4GLTE now and, even though the battery on the Z leaves a lot to be desired, it lasts her all day!
    07-14-14 09:50 AM
    I have read a lot about reception on different phone brands. From what I have read, it always seems like the iphones and the Samsung phones are at the bottom of the list for reception. The top seems to be Motorola and usually BlackBerry's are near the top.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-14-14 10:11 AM
    z10 has a issue with signal loss.
    It just disconnect during a call if mail is checked automatically.
    And you see on the screen message "Server is busy" and zero signal.
    Last edited by puppet1; 07-14-14 at 10:21 AM. Reason: fix
    07-14-14 10:17 AM
    My Z30 is better than two of my wall hugging friends.....

Posted via CB10
    lift and bungaboy like this.
    07-14-14 10:19 AM
160 123 ...