Sometimes software programmers will put hidden code on an operating system or program that does something funny when you press a series of keys. Maybe Bill Gates will pop up on your screen, doing the electic slide, or something. Just curious if there are any known easter eggs for the BlackBerry OS? It'd be kind of fun to tell someone with a BlackBerry, "hey-press shift, P, and then enter", and then something funny happens on their screen.
    05-28-08 08:41 PM
    Nope. At least, I haven't found one.
    05-28-08 09:17 PM
    hah cool idea, that would be cool for blackberrys...but iv never seen one or heard of them for cell phones
    05-28-08 09:18 PM
    The coolest feature is Options / About. If you have not messed with VAD, you get a nice little graphic show.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 09:30 PM
    Have not come across any
    05-28-08 09:33 PM
    Sometimes software programmers will put hidden code on an operating system or program that does something funny when you press a series of keys. Maybe Bill Gates will pop up on your screen, doing the electic slide, or something. Just curious if there are any known easter eggs for the BlackBerry OS? It'd be kind of fun to tell someone with a BlackBerry, "hey-press shift, P, and then enter", and then something funny happens on their screen.
    I thought the Easter Eggs only happened on Treos.
    05-28-08 09:33 PM
    There's all sorts of hidden commands and features..

go to your Enterprise Activation and on the email line, hold ALT and type CNFG and it'll take you to another (hidden) config screen..

Also, go to an email and hold ALT and type VIEW and it'll show you the RefID# (for tracking purposes).. plus there are a few other commands and such..
    05-29-08 12:02 PM
    I remember the 1st time I saw the *taxi* cross my screen. If I remember correctly, you had to go into the preference screen, click general, then draw a circle backwards. It didn't show up right away, but a few days later, the taxi would drive across the screen.

Pretty cool walk down memory lane!

05-29-08 12:26 PM
    I remember the 1st time I saw the *taxi* cross my screen. If I remember correctly, you had to go into the preference screen, click general, then draw a circle backwards. It didn't show up right away, but a few days later, the taxi would drive across the screen.

Pretty cool walk down memory lane!

what!?!? i want a taxi!!! how do you do this? what do you mean draw a circle backwards????
    05-29-08 12:33 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/bla...secrets-25479/

Also.

WAP Browser Config screen -- Type RBRO -- enable HTML browsing.

Main Menu - Type Alt+NMLL -- Turn signal meter into a dBm number.

ALT-CAP-H is a help screen
    ALT-CAP-DEL performs a reset (like taking out the battery)
    ALT-L-G-L-G shows a log file
    05-29-08 12:33 PM
    Is there a list of all those commands and easter eggs somewhere or that someone has posted?
    05-29-08 12:34 PM
    Nope. At least, I haven't found one.
    I like that!!!!
    05-29-08 01:29 PM
    I thought the Easter Eggs only happened on Treos.
    They call those "Unannounced Features"
    05-29-08 01:38 PM
    Oops! I should have said this was how it was done on the Treo. Have never seen it done on BB.

05-29-08 01:52 PM
    Oops! I should have said this was how it was done on the Treo. Have never seen it done on BB.

i was so excited...... i think im going to cry.
    05-29-08 01:56 PM
    Those shortcuts are not Easter Eggs.

Try reading about what they are on Wikipedia to learn more.

There are no Easter Eggs that have been reported (search Google) but who knows, there may be one found someday.

I used to always put a hidden picture of my cat into digital altimeters I programed, but there was no way as a user you would ever see it, so even that wasn't an Easter Egg.
    05-29-08 02:05 PM

In the immortal words of Homer Jay Simpson "Doh!"
    05-29-08 03:01 PM
    Go into your messages and press options button. When the menu pops up hold ALT and press THMN. It's black and white/old school, baby!
    05-29-08 03:07 PM
    Go into your messages and press options button. When the menu pops up hold ALT and press THMN. It's black and white/old school, baby!
    Now that will be a great April Fools gag.
    05-29-08 03:10 PM
    lol okay i tried it and it works, but why won't it go back lol
    05-29-08 03:21 PM
    Never mind I figured it out...... had to go into themes.... None was active lol man that was scary.
    05-29-08 03:26 PM
    Never mind I figured it out...... had to go into themes.... None was active lol man that was scary.
    I had the same heart attack! Which will make it all the better as a prank on my fellow Crackberry buddies!
    05-29-08 03:29 PM
    Funny, stuff

Have to get my dad with that one.
    05-29-08 03:31 PM
    LMAO! I guess I should have stated that one little piece of info. ROFL!

You have to go to Options...the Options icon looks like a swiss army knife...and you have to re-select a theme.

Too funny!
    05-29-08 03:55 PM
    I had the same heart attack! Which will make it all the better as a prank on my fellow Crackberry buddies!

Ha!! I thought **gulp!** did they post how to change it back??? Good one!!
    05-29-08 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD