I was just thinking does anyone know of plans to include dnla feature into the blackberry browser ? If this could be done that means any video we look at or website can be put up on a bigger screen which will be very handy indeed .Hope there are plans on the way for this.
    07-08-13 11:03 AM
    DNLA doesn't really work like that... the video file needs to be locally stored on your device before it can be accessed by the TV/Blu-ray player. You can download a video file from the web and *then* play it, but if what you are thinking is sending a youtube video (streaming) to the TV... then you either need an HDMI cable or wait until they add 'Miracast'... which is probably what you are thinking of. Miracast
    07-08-13 11:42 AM
    Do it BlackBerry! Miracast me!

CB10 on the Z10
    07-09-13 08:28 PM
    DNLA doesn't really work like that... the video file needs to be locally stored on your device before it can be accessed by the TV/Blu-ray player. You can download a video file from the web and *then* play it, but if what you are thinking is sending a youtube video (streaming) to the TV... then you either need an HDMI cable or wait until they add 'Miracast'... which is probably what you are thinking of. Miracast
    That is a BIG BULL****! So how does my SAT>IP box then stream SAT-TV via DLNA to my Playbook, so how does my Synology NAS then stream internet radio to my devices? All via DLNA!

All a DLNA DMC does is telling play this media from this source...nothing else. Of course the client must understand the stream format, etc and there are many downfalls, but in general it would all work!
    07-10-13 03:22 AM
    That is a BIG BULL****! So how does my SAT>IP box then stream SAT-TV via DLNA to my Playbook, so how does my Synology NAS then stream internet radio to my devices? All via DLNA!

All a DLNA DMC does is telling play this media from this source...nothing else. Of course the client must understand the stream format, etc and there are many downfalls, but in general it would all work!
    Actually, it depends on what source is being controlled. Say a TV, the TV unit can only read and access stored memory "pulled". If the signal is being "pushed" not "pulled" then streaming is possible.
    07-10-13 05:08 AM
    I read that the new 10.2 will have miracast option and the wife direct

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 08:56 AM
    Wifi sorry

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 08:57 AM
    Are you saying 10.2 will have Miracast streaming capabilities built into the browser ie. youtube? What we also need is wireless screen mirroring. I'm not sure if it's the same thing? These are going to be great features!

CB10 on the Z10
    07-10-13 04:03 PM
    I read it on n4bb.com

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:42 PM