Everyday I have been checking the new software download site for AT&T in hopes to find the new os 4.5 for my 8310. Went on as usual this morning to see that they have posted the 4.6 dm software. Seeing that I thought the new os updates would be there. To my disappointment checking for the 8310 still the same old software 4.2. What a tease you are AT&T.
    10-28-08 09:00 AM
    that's good news- usually the OS is VERY close behind. I've had another version of 4.6 on my PC for awhile anyway.

Oh, and thanks- I won't get anything done now ,what with checking every 3 minutes to see if it gets posted. Hey! wait a sec! Maybe the "Upgrade" page at Blackberry's site is good to go for AT&T... off to check....
    10-28-08 10:07 AM
    Looks like it's loading the latest updated version of the App loader.. so that's a good sign as well.... But, alas... still not 4.5

Nerts.....
    10-28-08 10:13 AM
    Early Christmas present??
    ;o Keep us posted.

<///><

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 10:14 AM
    I couldn't wait any longer. Yesterday I downloaded 4.5.0.81 and upgraded my OS. This was the first time I've ever attempted an OS upgrade on my BB. It worked perfectly. No problems! I did get concerned when it took what seemed like a half hour to initialize the BB. But then the hour glass returned and she started working. What a relief!
    10-28-08 10:20 AM
    I wouldn't get too excited Desktop Manager 4.6 isn't anything special and the Roxio Media Manager program is horrible. It is so slow that is is unusable.

Man I hope RIM makes them fix that before the next release.
    10-28-08 10:37 AM
    I wouldn't get too excited Desktop Manager 4.6 isn't anything special and the Roxio Media Manager program is horrible. It is so slow that is is unusable.

Man I hope RIM makes them fix that before the next release.
    You know, When I first got my BB, I read all the complaints about Roxio MM. Since Day 1 it has been no problem- maybe a bit tardy to first come up, but has performed flawlessly for me. At least since after I got the BB when I updated straight to the latest version of DM (4.5). Maybe I'm the lucky one for a change. Maybe that's why I didn't push my luck and put in the earlier 4.5OS's out there just yet. <shrug>
    10-28-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD