When I loaded DM (from a cd, v4.2 or 4.5, I forget which one), I remember an option during setup to encrypt the backup files. I selected "no." Now I can't find that setting anywhere. Is there such a setting? It's possible I'm confused, and that the setting was a feature of DTS6, which I tried a while back. So if that's actually the case, please set me straight also. TIA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 04:32 PM
    If you are looking to encrypt the files on your blackberry now, go to:
    Options>Security Options>Encryption.
    There you willl have the option to ENABLE or DISABLE it.
    01-27-11 04:46 PM
    I have it enabled, and I understand the data on my device is encrypted. But does that mean the backup file is encrypted, too?

01-27-11 04:48 PM
    I have it enabled, and I understand the data on my device is encrypted. But does that mean the backup file is encrypted, too?

If you've encrypted them on your bb, then I would tend to think that the files would also be encrypted on backup as well. Perhaps someone that does this will confirm for sure, as this is not something I do.
    01-27-11 04:55 PM
    Makes sense. I'll wait to see if someone else chimes in, too.

01-27-11 04:57 PM
    First off, I'm not exactly sure what that "encryption" option on the device refers to...whether it be the files on the device or something else.

But, to answer the OP, are you using DM version 6? When you actually go to do the device backup, you'll get the option to encrypt the backup file there.
    SSmaster likes this.
    01-27-11 05:05 PM
    I'm using 4.5. That's probably where my confusion stems from. I tried version 6, but I went back to version 4.5. It was probably when I tried version 6 that I saw the encrypt backup file option. Thanks, all.

01-27-11 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD