My Desktop Manager gets stuck during device backup. It just hangs at the messages backup stage and thus does not complete the backup.

I am currently trying to do a backup and it has been stuck like this for almost 10 minutes now.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
    03-21-09 05:03 PM
    Try clearing out your web caches! Start up the browser, press the BB button, select options, then cache operations, then clear them all out. That might just fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 05:07 PM
    Try clearing out your web caches! Start up the browser, press the BB button, select options, then cache operations, then clear them all out. That might just fix it.

The web cache is clear.
    03-21-09 05:36 PM
    maybe u just have a lot of messages....
    03-21-09 05:38 PM
    maybe u just have a lot of messages....
    I do get a lot of messages, but my device is set to clear any messages older than 30 days, and I've never had this issue before.
    03-21-09 05:42 PM
    I have now removed DM 4.6 and installed DM 4.7 hoping that might fix it, but no dice.

I have deleted a bunch of messages, and cleared the browser cache again.

Any other ideas?
    03-21-09 07:01 PM
    try deleting your phone logs, open the messages folder, press bb, select view folders, then select phone logs, and then select the top date press bb and select delete prior.
    03-21-09 07:05 PM
    Deleted phone logs. No change.

I did however notice something while in those folders. The facebook app adds a folder in there for it's notifications.

I am starting to think facebook 1.5 is causing the problem. I will delete the app then try to backup again.

03-21-09 08:00 PM
    In DM go to Backup/Restore and then Advanced. Clear the entire
    message database (all your messages will be gone) and then
    do the backup. Anything else and you are just spinning your wheels.
    That database is corrupted and needs to be reset.
    03-21-09 08:21 PM
    I'm actually trying to backup the messages so that would be defeating the purpose.

03-21-09 08:25 PM
    I get that. But again, if it is hanging on that database, you need
    to clear it. Corrupt is corrupt.
    03-21-09 08:50 PM
    Cleared the messages database. Now DM goes through the backup process and at the very end pops up an error message "Unknown error".

It does make the .ipd file, but not the .cab file. I'm pretty sure the .ipd file is all that is needed to restore the device if need be, so I can live with that.
    03-21-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD