(I'm sure this has been brought up many times, but this is my take and I would like discussion)

Watching so many hate on BlackBerry is just plain disgusting! If you don't like BlackBerry, stay away! If you think BlackBerry is dead? Leave! It is obvious that BlackBerry is not dead! BlackBerry was alive a year ago when all the naysayers swore they would be gone! They have made their Shot at a complete overhaul of almost everything BlackBerry does. The "NEW" OS has only been out for about 7 months now! Not one of its apps was able to be carried over from BBOS, due to OS10 being completely new. Lets talk time frame for the windows phone? BlackBerry 10, at 7 months in, is further in app development than Windows Phone was at it's 7 month in infancy. Also BlackBerry is still ahead of Windows Phone in US market share! BlackBerry has released 4 New devices this year, the above being the 5th.

All of you that are whining about the specs need to place whatever phone you praise next to the BlackBerry Z10 and watch as the Z performs just as well as or spanks your over speced slab! The BlackBerry Q5 has a smaller 1.2GHz Dual core and it performs almost just as well as the Q10 and the Z10 with the 1.5GHz Dual core. Also there are rumored to be 4 different variants of the A10/Z30 in testing and nobody knows what the final specs will be until BlackBerry announces them! Until then it is all "SPECULATED'', and "RUMORS".

I Pre-Ordered my Z10 from Verizon and have been loving the device more and more every day! Every single Leaked OS that I get my hands on is another bright step into the future of BlackBerry and the device is getting sweeter and sweeter! I fully intend to pick up the A10/Z30 as soon as I can from Verizon because SUPPORT BlackBerry and I am Proud!

Final note. I do not like anything I have seen from any other device manufacturer out there. I am fully committed to BlackBerry and I intend to stay that way! You will not catch me bashing any other device on the market except for the iPhone (Only because I think the entire plot of the device and the company is just plain silly). I appreciate the slew of Android devices and I will admit that Samsung and HTC have done some great things, but I am just not interested. The new Windows phone is somewhat attractive as well but it just doesn't call to me. BlackBerry has something that keeps everyone looking at it! Most people just prefer to bash rather than give healthy criticism. What has BlackBerry ever done that would make them such a huge target for hatred? Yes they have made some poor decisions over the years and they have put out a great effort to learn from their mistakes! What does it hurt anyone one of you for BlackBerry to succeed? I know one thing that if BlackBerry does exit the mobile platform their will be less choice, less competition, less innovation. All device makers innovate and borrow. The more we have the better it is for all of us! We all desire choice! WE all deserve choice! Stop the hatred!

(Originally posted by myself on endgadget to there Z30 leaked images post)

Let me know what you all think

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10
    08-26-13 01:44 AM
    First! +1... i have seen my share of BlackBerry bashing. As (Ricky Ricardo) says "It's just so ridiculous!"

On the Underrated Z10
    08-26-13 03:24 AM
    I appreciate that you are passionate about BlackBerry but I completely disagree with the tone of your post.

The problem is, with rose tinted glasses on, anything anti BlackBerry can be seen as 'hating'.
    I think that's all dependent on why someone is actually posting negative things.

If it's spurred by a desire for a company to succeed, and irritation at glaringly obvious errors that have been made, and continue being made, then I think it's actually a good thing, certainly better than surrounding yourself with yes men who just tell BlackBerry that everything's perfect, and the problem isn't a lack of apps, or features, it's stupid users. That's far more harmful, in my opinion.

Without those complaints, BlackBerry risks becoming even more irrelevant. I think upwards of 99% of people on these forums actually want BlackBerry to succeed, and we've spent a lot of money supporting them.

One last thing, you said people just 'bash' and don't give 'helpful criticism'.
    My own experience is there's plenty of very focused specific criticism on here, if anything the pro everything BlackBerry does brigade come out with more vague phrases like 'tools not toys' and 'browser benchmarks' whilst ignoring the full picture.
    08-26-13 03:41 AM
    Many crazy peopel around the world ... they have nothing to do... just trying to put finger on others choices and lifes..

i love my blackberry and i hate the people who talk bullllll****....

.... lol i challange many guys / girls how wonderfull blackberry ..
    08-26-13 03:52 AM
    I'm sure this has been brought up many times, ...
    By far not as many times as it has been brought up how hard BBRY sucks, so...

Posted via CB10
    Bobcat665 and madman0141 like this.
    08-26-13 03:57 AM
    Stopped taking the OP seriously when he spouted the line about Marketshare in the US being more than WP. That's nowhere close to being true, Crackberry editorial be damned.

All the boasting about 'catching up to WP in apps'...seems he hasn't found out about S4BB's shenanigans and the artificially inflated app count.

it's wonderful you can use leaked OSes to improve your experience, but if you think this is something that would appeal to 90% of the buying public, you're off your rocker.
    08-26-13 04:11 AM
    I'm disgusted with the CrackBerry hatred for Legacy OS, I mean Kevin refusing to review the 9720? Chris asking for it to be killed at every opportunity?

They should rename the site "CrackBerry 10"
    JeepBB, cmdr_dan, bekkay and 3 others like this.
    08-26-13 04:28 AM
    I'm disgusted with the CrackBerry hatred for Legacy OS, I mean Kevin refusing to review the 9720? Chris asking for it to be killed at every opportunity?

They should rename the site "CrackBerry 10"
    It's not hatred for the legacy Os, it's just that; legacy, meaning EOL or WTD (waiting to die).

Even with the launch of the 9720 (are you getting one btw?), the legacy subscriber number has only one trajectory, and that's down.
    08-26-13 04:49 AM
    It's not hatred for the legacy Os, it's just that; legacy, meaning EOL or WTD (waiting to die).

Even with the launch of the 9720 (are you getting one btw?), the legacy subscriber number has only one trajectory, and that's down.
    Only as long as BlackBerry choose to EOL it.
    If they change that stance then people would remain on the devices at least until BB10 catches up with the feature set, which seems a long way away.
    I've never been as productive as on a legacy BlackBerry device.

Again, shows that people are passionate about BlackBerries, and some people are so disappointed because they expected BB10 to meet and then exceed what BB7 was offering, not cut out half the features.
    08-26-13 04:55 AM

In the meantime the Legacy owners outnumber BB10 owners by a HUGE number and the launch of the new 9720 (which I will buy and half my monthly costs) proves Legacy will be around for the next 3 years at least, so we need CrackBerry to show more Legacy love instead of treating it like BlackBerry's dirty secret.
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    08-26-13 04:57 AM
    I think some people actually go overboard with the criticism...I'm not saying everyone should be fine with Blackberry and not state any faults with the company, but if anyone starts to lament about Blackberry day and night over the same things, they have to seriously check their sanity at the door.

I'm sorry but someone has to say it.

Posted via CB10
    RIM99 likes this.
    08-26-13 04:59 AM
    In the meantime the Legacy owners outnumber BB10 owners by a HUGE number and the launch of the new 9720 (which I will buy and half my monthly costs) proves Legacy will be around for the next 3 years at least, so we need CrackBerry to show more Legacy love instead of treating it like BlackBerry's dirty secret.
    Belfast I guarantee you, 1-2 months (November/December) after bbm Launches on both iOS and android, blackberry legacy subscriber numbers will implode.
    08-26-13 05:21 AM
    Belfast I guarantee you, 1-2 months (November/December) after bbm Launches on both iOS and android, blackberry legacy subscriber numbers will implode.
    Android perhaps will have an effect but not iOS, you can't buy a new iOS device for �140 (9720) outright can you? Or from under �100 for the 9320.

PS you don't need that for the subscriber numbers to implode, BB10 already took care of that.
    08-26-13 05:37 AM
    But numerous legacy supporters, myself included, will say that's because there isn't updated legacy hardware, like a new Bold with a better camera. If there was, it would be a very different ballgame.

The real point of interest will be how BB10 numbers do, with all the new hardware, if those start dropping, it's a commentary on BB10, not legacy, which was and is loved by many.
    08-26-13 05:39 AM
    Android perhaps will have an effect but not iOS, you can't buy a new iOS device for �140 (9720) outright can you? Or from under �100 for the 9320.
    But you have to admit the majority of consumers purchasing the 9720 or 9320, do so because of price sensitivity, and not devotion to blackberry.

Now in the UK market the iPhone 4/4s has proved very popular to the curve crowd, specifically to the price sensitive in the last two q's.

PS you don't need that for the subscriber numbers to implode, BB10 already took care of that.
    Your right.
    I remember having quite the debate with you prior to BB10 launch, you were on the opposite side of the argument at the time.
    I remembered you were quite the optimist with your assertions regarding BBs competency.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-26-13 05:51 AM
    I appreciate that you are passionate about BlackBerry but I completely disagree with the tone of your post.

The problem is, with rose tinted glasses on, anything anti BlackBerry can be seen as 'hating'.
    I think that's all dependent on why someone is actually posting negative things.

If it's spurred by a desire for a company to succeed, and irritation at glaringly obvious errors that have been made, and continue being made, then I think it's actually a good thing, certainly better than surrounding yourself with yes men who just tell BlackBerry that everything's perfect, and the problem isn't a lack of apps, or features, it's stupid users. That's far more harmful, in my opinion.

Without those complaints, BlackBerry risks becoming even more irrelevant. I think upwards of 99% of people on these forums actually want BlackBerry to succeed, and we've spent a lot of money supporting them.

One last thing, you said people just 'bash' and don't give 'helpful criticism'.
    My own experience is there's plenty of very focused specific criticism on here, if anything the pro everything BlackBerry does brigade come out with more vague phrases like 'tools not toys' and 'browser benchmarks' whilst ignoring the full picture.
    Completely agree with you here.

Criticism is not hatred. A discussion where logical and well thought out ideas are aired is not hatred.

I don't want BlackBerry to fail, but oh lordy they frustrate me. And I've voiced that, only to be met with the "go away" line.

I haven't seen the Z30 review. For myself, I won't get it because of the sealed battery, that's a nonstarter on a BlackBerry, for me. Is that hating on the Z30? No, that's a personal requirement I hold when it comes to a BlackBerry.

Here, on the forums, there are many who do criticise the company who have no intention of "hating on them.". In other places, I don't know...I stay here for my participation in tech discussions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-26-13 05:57 AM
    But numerous legacy supporters, myself included, will say that's because there isn't updated legacy hardware, like a new Bold with a better camera. If there was, it would be a very different ballgame.
    I don't believe an incremental update to the legacy line would have helped to be honest.

The real point of interest will be how BB10 numbers do, with all the new hardware, if those start dropping, it's a commentary on BB10, not legacy, which was and is loved by many.
    Preaching to the choir
    I still have fond memories of when BBM was king.

BBVegasGirl80 and kevinnugent like this.
    08-26-13 05:59 AM
    I have noticed in my own circles some negativity towards my phone choice by people who have never even used a BlackBerry. It's like it is the phone that dare not speak it's name, LOL!

One example is the signature line. For years I have been receiving ones that say "Sent from my iphone" or android, but mostly iphone. So I get my BlackBerry and my sig is "Sent from my BlackBerry"

Well, you wouldn't believe the comments I get. Things like why would you want to get THAT phone? Just aren't ready to join the rest of the world are you? They have no idea even which BlackBerry I have.

Even in my own family where everyone has an iphone (my dad has a Droid). But as each family member got an iphone they were congratulated. "Welcome to the club!". I walk in with my BlackBerry and it's "What is wrong with the iphone?". They don't even want to LOOK at my Q10.

The thing is, with one of my sisters and my Dad, they only got their phones because everyone else had a Droid or iphone. They have downloaded ZERO apps! Based on what I know of their phone needs and preferences, I know they both would be happier with a Q10, but they won't even look at BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 with my BBQ
    08-26-13 06:06 AM
    Ever feel like CrackBerry is trying to force BB10 down our throats? Just open the main page and try to find anything Legacy, it feels like a alien platform has taken over our favourite fan site.
    Tazos and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-26-13 06:12 AM
    I have noticed in my own circles some negativity towards my phone choice by people who have never even used a BlackBerry. It's like it is the phone that dare not speak it's name, LOL!

One example is the signature line. For years I have been receiving ones that say "Sent from my iphone" or android, but mostly iphone. So I get my BlackBerry and my sig is "Sent from my BlackBerry"

Well, you wouldn't believe the comments I get. Things like why would you want to get THAT phone? Just aren't ready to join the rest of the world are you? They have no idea even which BlackBerry I have.

Even in my own family where everyone has an iphone (my dad has a Droid). But as each family member got an iphone they were congratulated. "Welcome to the club!". I walk in with my BlackBerry and it's "What is wrong with the iphone?". They don't even want to LOOK at my Q10.

The thing is, with one of my sisters and my Dad, they only got their phones because everyone else had a Droid or iphone. They have downloaded ZERO apps! Based on what I know of their phone needs and preferences, I know they both would be happier with a Q10, but they won't even look at BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 with my BBQ
    Exactly my observation, too. Case closed, it's just ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 06:32 AM
    I think that there would be less hatred for BlackBerry seen here if there were less hatred for other platforms seen here. On Android Central and Windows Phone Central, there aren't as many threads bashing those platforms, but I rarely see absolute hatred for the other platforms there either. Dressing up in a BlackBerry costume to run around an Apple store?! These types of threads lead to an overall negative tone on CrackBerry just as much as any threads that bash BlackBerry do.
    08-26-13 06:45 AM
    Exactly my observation, too. Case closed, it's just ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    But I have a flip side to that. My program manager is a minimalist, she likes clean, streamlined solutions to everything. She had been using a dumb phone for her personal use, didn't find the need for anything else in her personal life. Not into social media, no FB, no Twitter.

On her upgrade she decided to get a smartphone and went about methodically researching. For her approach to her lifestyle, she felt the iPhone would suit her best and when I told her she would love the App Store she swore she wouldn't need it. She didn't even have an iTunes account.

A scant four weeks later, she has discovered Pinterest, Instagram, banking apps, stock apps, FB, Twitter....hasn't stopped there.....cookbooks, Google Now, the DC Metro app. In other words, once she was exposed to the availability of apps, her use of them exploded. She's got now sixteen, she confessed to me, laughing.

So....based on her experience, should I say cased closed? My observation and my own experience tells me that when apps are available people make use of them. One anecdote does not make the case for anything. People have personal reasons for choosing what they choose. It's not hatred for a platform, it's a personal choice based on a person's way to approach the world. Sure, peer pressure exists for some. But not all. I pick the phone that suits me and the one that I feel for on any given day regardless of what people around me use.

Each person has his/her own needs and reasons and choose accordingly. Criticism isn't hate. It's a difference of opinion.
    08-26-13 06:49 AM
    Stopped taking the OP seriously when he spouted the line about Marketshare in the US being more than WP. That's nowhere close to being true, Crackberry editorial be damned.

All the boasting about 'catching up to WP in apps'...seems he hasn't found out about S4BB's shenanigans and the artificially inflated app count.

it's wonderful you can use leaked OSes to improve your experience, but if you think this is something that would appeal to 90% of the buying public, you're off your rocker.
    You may want to read the news more often. The OP was simply stating the facts. Take a look at this article, BlackBerry HAS overtaken the Windows phone in the U.S.
    BlackBerry Ahead of Windows Phone Market Share in the U.S. | The Gadget Masters
    RIM99 likes this.
    08-26-13 07:13 AM
    I am with you OP, completely sick and tired of the negativity. A Lot of it disguised as dialogue to critique blackberry so they may improve. This argument has gone past stale, past annoying, and is reaching troll like proportions. They like to show up together, in a thread, to bash the OP for showing enthusiasm and they like to live in the past to point out every poor decision made by BlackBerry. Unfortunatly these critics have been around Crackberry longer than most and have become part of the problem and not the solution, although they haven't realized it yet.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-26-13 07:31 AM
    So most people here believe that all the negativity we get here is constructive criticism? Really? Majority isn't constructive at all. Most of the time they don't even mention what the problem is.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 07:32 AM
233 123 ...