12-03-08 02:15 PM
58 123
tools
    Probably, I just meet the same lady on the supemarket... and 30 minutes later in the pharmacy!!! Can you believe that!
    09-17-08 06:24 PM
    Some great stories - I especially liked Zilch the Story Teller.

Along those lines - you should watch the first episode of "Californication" with David Duchovny. He has a hilarious confrontation in a movie theater with a rude a$$hole on a cell phone. He did what many people would like to.
    09-17-08 06:41 PM
    I've had the other end of this problem - a caller who won't take 'later' for an answer when I can't take the call immediately. I was in one of those places you really want to hold-on as much as possible with both hands (small platform on vertical ladder) and waiting for a coworker to call back with some tech info. To make it worse... the pest was a cold caller phone salesman, about 8 calls in 5 minutes.
    09-18-08 03:44 AM
    All these stories about people going into stores, banks, shows and having a conversation reminds me how I avoid being such a person. Whenever I get a call and during that call I have to walk into some place like a bank, deli or whatever, I just hang up in mid sentence....f-em. That's the great thing about cell phones..so unreliable. If the call is important, I delay my entry into the store, otherwise, you're getting hung up on. It takes longer to interrupt some jabberjaws to tell you you have to go,than it does to just hit the end button.
    I also do the same thing when speaking to someone casually, and I get a business call on call waiting. Some of my friends just don't STFU and when I try to interrupt them and say "Oh, can I call you back? I have an important call?" they just keep talking, then when they finally shut the frig up, they realize I have just interjected with a message of some sort and ask "What? what did you say.? this is followed by when they will call me back, or when they will see me later...hey man, I just got done telling you I've got an important call, the fact that you are too self indulged to hear me means nothing. The only thing that had better come out of that mouth of yours is "GO GO TALK TO YOU LATER".
    *People who put me on hold, (who don't make me money) often will come back to a dead line.

hahaha, AWESOME
    09-18-08 08:08 AM
    Yes omg...
    I hate when people are on the bus and they having this loud conversation about things that I'm sure nobody wants to hear!
    10-06-08 08:22 PM
    I love it even more when people walk around (I see it a lot in grocery stores) blabbing into their phones- with speakerphone on- so the world can hear both sides of the idiotic conversation.

I once heard all about some chick's boob job. It wasn't as fascinating as she thought it was.

Some people are so RUDE and tacky. Makes me want to slap their phones out of their hands.
    10-06-08 10:56 PM
    Great stories, people.

I love going to the movies, and in the middle of the film, it seems some ****'s phone always rings, even though the theater runs three or four reminders to turn the ringer off.

I also love going to concerts and hearing a phone ring. We're talking professional performers, symphony orchestras, and people's phones ring.

Honestly, is your life so important that you can't leave your phone in your car for two hours, so important that you would risk ruining a concert for an auditorium full of people? I just don't get it.
    12-03-08 12:43 PM
    I don't really understand the hatred for public phone use. I commute to the city 1 hour on the train each way. I quickly found out that a family of tourists discussing their plans for the day on the train is SO MUCH MORE annoying then a guy trying to seal a business deal.

Look, if I'm on the train, bus, or coffee shop and a client calls me, I'm going to answer for $95 per hour. And I'm going to walk him through rebooting his router. And I'm going to laugh when my phone conversation, no more loud then your conversation about the newest door buster sale at Tiffany's, annoys the crap out of you. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE PEOPLE.

Look , these are public places. Buses, bowling alleys, bars, trains and coffee shops are not bastions of privacy and personal relaxation. They are public places and there will be outside noise. OK, I understand restaurants, theaters, concert halls, etc. But honestly, come off of your high horse.

And cell jammers should remain illegal in all places. I have a very young son, and the fact that I would not receive an emergency phone call if he were to be ran over by a truck because some elitest, holier then thou hipster decided he didn't like cell phones would infuriate me. As if somehow hearing 1 side of a conversation is rude, but 2 people talking at a table is perfectly acceptable.

Look, I don't talk on my phone often. In fact, I rarely go over 200 minutes in a month. But the glares of disdain when I answer a call on the bus and discuss dinner plans with my wife just rubs me the wrong way. These people don't seem to care about the couple sitting 1 seat behind me are having the very same conversation.
    12-03-08 02:15 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD