I wan to make my PIN available to the public, so anyone can message me. Are there any drawbacks to this?

Like, I'm worried that if someone has my PIN they can call Rogers and have the PIN marked as unclean, or something like that. Say that its stolen or whatever.

Just want to know if anything bad can go wrong. People I know have it on bbm, but I'm talking about posting it publicly and having complete strangers know the combination.

Might sound dumb, idk, thanks
    05-04-09 06:11 PM
    the only thing that if you disclose your PIN # is that someone can directly message you

but no fear, i didn`t make mine directly available but i can give it too by pm
    05-04-09 06:29 PM
    If someone call rogers(or Telus/Bell) to mark your pin, Rogers will do identity verification. So this is impossible... If the guy working for Rogers dont do that and your PIN is blocked, you can unlock it with your rep at your rogers store. The only thing that could be wrong with that, that's if you receive non-wanted PIN message(not BBM, PIN messages are like email but it pass by your PIN, not by your email and I think you can't block it).
    05-04-09 06:33 PM
    I recommend not posting it...
    05-04-09 06:34 PM
    I wan to make my PIN available to the public, so anyone can message me. Are there any drawbacks to this?

Like, I'm worried that if someone has my PIN they can call Rogers and have the PIN marked as unclean, or something like that. Say that its stolen or whatever.

Just want to know if anything bad can go wrong. People I know have it on bbm, but I'm talking about posting it publicly and having complete strangers know the combination.

Might sound dumb, idk, thanks
    LMAO oops didnt mean to laugh
    mine has been public since whenever i joined crackberry and through 3 BBs
    not an issue...you would have to have more than a pin number to call any provider and expect anything to be done to your account....
    i have had a few random people pin me since i have been here.....not an issue at all
    Last edited by giantfan30; 05-04-09 at 06:40 PM.
    05-04-09 06:36 PM
    I just did this and my first "friend" was sending me some pictures that I cannot even discuss. I didn't ask for them. nor did I want to receive them. Just be careful.
    05-04-09 06:38 PM
    Alright, thanks, even the guy above me, the cocky one (guy posted RIGHT before me, hahaha, it was for giantfan30), held off his smart-*** remarks and posted something of value. I appreciate that, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 06:38 PM
    Alright, thanks, even the guy above me, the cocky one (guy posted RIGHT before me, hahaha, it was for giantfan30), held off his smart-*** remarks and posted something of value. I appreciate that, lol

i call it how i see it....
    if your post warranted a smart*ss remark you better believe you would get one from me
    05-04-09 06:43 PM
    I just did this and my first "friend" was sending me some pictures that I cannot even discuss. I didn't ask for them. nor did I want to receive them. Just be careful.
    delete the person and you will be deleted from their phone too
    simple solution...if you dont know the pin trying to add you just deny the request.........
    i had some dude that claimed he worked in city hall here in NYC trying to make small talk with me ......i had to do a quick delete my spider senses were tingling...lmao
    05-04-09 06:46 PM
    i call it how i see it....
    if your post warranted a smart*ss remark you better believe you would get one from me
    Dude, I'm the exact same way lol, flame people ftw.

05-04-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD