Don't many android phones have the call button weather push button or touch button but separate from the touch screen? So you can't say 99% don't have it.

You can say 99% have a home button.
    Before I can say something about that, we probably need to refine the definition of what you are talking about.

Would you mind to provide me with a screenshot/device photo of what you mean?

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    01-19-14 03:10 PM
    I'd love to see a legacy BB10 device. Basically a 9900 running BB10.
    If RIM/BBRY knew and did this from the beginning of the BB10 development, understanding what the market really wanted, they would not have been where they are now. The market always knows better than the manufacturer. I truly home John Chen was given enough (barely) time to right the ship.
    01-19-14 06:38 PM
    I don't use the end call button much at all. The call automatically ends when the other party hangs up.
    01-19-14 06:54 PM
    I don't use the end call button much at all. The call automatically ends when the other party hangs up.
    What if the other party things exactly the same way as you?
    01-19-14 07:11 PM
    ABSOLUTELY .. the lack of the green is even more annoying but yeah.. I hate not having a red hangup button! The screen lockout and delays really bug the crap out of me. Especially when on a conference call in the car and trying to hangup from the call. Horrible. Plus, making calls from email or bbm was soooooo much easier before you just hit the green button and wham it calls that contact.

I DONT GET is why they dont allow us to assign the side middle button as a call button!!!!!!!

Stupid BB10 programmers and silly Q10 designers that left off the green and red buttons.
    01-19-14 09:04 PM
    Which is why they would get it in addition to their current glass screen phones........................

They might not know they like, need, or want physical keyboards.

People gave up the keyboard in favor of iPhones and Androids, partially because BBOS was so dated in comparison. BlackBerry 10 is entirely different, and the keyboard plus the Hub arguably makes it the best messaging device (for those who spend a few minutes getting to learn the Hub).
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but I would think that a person would have to be very young not to know whether or not he/she likes a physical keyboard. I have had several phones (both BlackBerry and non-BlackBerry) with physical keyboards and prefer touchscreen keyboards hands-down.

I don't agree that "everyone" needs a Q10 in addition to the touchscreen phone that they already have. It doesn't make any sense to me to say that everyone would need it. Want it? For some, maybe. Need it? No.
    01-19-14 10:30 PM
    If BlackBerry goes back to physical buttons to end calls which no other phone maker has now then they might as well go back to OS7.

Posted via CB10
    Most, if not all, Android phones have the option to set the power button to end the call if the user chooses to. That has the same effect of an "End Call" button. iOS has this option from what I read, as well.

I still want to know why the OP doesn't just use the button on the headset to end the call.
    01-19-14 10:39 PM
    ABSOLUTELY .. the lack of the green is even more annoying but yeah.. I hate not having a red hangup button! The screen lockout and delays really bug the crap out of me. Especially when on a conference call in the car and trying to hangup from the call. Horrible. Plus, making calls from email or bbm was soooooo much easier before you just hit the green button and wham it calls that contact.

I DONT GET is why they dont allow us to assign the side middle button as a call button!!!!!!!

Stupid BB10 programmers and silly Q10 designers that left off the green and red buttons.
    Do you think it's cool to call the bb10 programmers stupid? And Q10 designers silly? Just because you don't think or learn how to use a device that a 8 years old kid could easily use, doesn't make them silly or stupid.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:40 AM
    Most, if not all, Android phones have the option to set the power button to end the call if the user chooses to. That has the same effect of an "End Call" button. iOS has this option from what I read, as well.

I still want to know why the OP doesn't just use the button on the headset to end the call.
    I don't know either but maybe because people love to complain.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:42 AM
    That only works if they phoned you.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:19 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but I would think that a person would have to be very young not to know whether or not he/she likes a physical keyboard. I have had several phones (both BlackBerry and non-BlackBerry) with physical keyboards and prefer touchscreen keyboards hands-down.

I don't agree that "everyone" needs a Q10 in addition to the touchscreen phone that they already have. It doesn't make any sense to me to say that everyone would need it. Want it? For some, maybe. Need it? No.
    you would be surprised how many poeple out there would prefer a physical keyboard. My GF while in australia has a iphone, but on holidays, last year i got her a used bold 9780, and she now preferes to text in 9780 than in the iphone, so much that she's considering a Q10 when her contract ends next month... and the 9780 is far from being the best physical keyboard.

Steve Jobs was right, the consumer doesn't know what they want a lot of the time. nobody said people wanted a phone like the iphone or ipad, the tecnology already existed.... but look, its now trend and everybody has one, the same way people that buy SUV to drive in the city where clearly are better cars for their needs.... not always people buy what is best for them.

virtual keyboard might be fine/better for 95% of the people, but there are a lot of person tha could benefict from a physical one, but are stuck in a trend.
    01-20-14 01:32 PM
    Okay,

sometimes things in life won't make any sense.

But: I am buying a Bold 9900! Yes, you heard it! After owning a MASSIVE Q10 since 05.2013 I bought a Z30 in 12.2013.

The Z30 is a hell of a phone. It makes fun and I can rely on it! But something makes me pull to buttons! Keyboard!

And the end call button! A back button. A re-dial button! A BOLD!

Do I need media? Maybe my music. But I won't watch videos or youtube on a mobile. I am a professional and use my BB only for calls/emails/msg/slight web search. I miss the professional premium stealthy business looks!

I a time, where everyone types on glass, I need a BlackBerry which is TRUE Blackberry! Hands down! No matter what everybody is saying! Keep your iPhones. Keep your plastic Droids. I just want my Bold! I miss it!

And tomorrow I will buy it! I will keep my Z30 for a while. I am real nuts! I know!
    01-21-14 02:43 PM
    Apparently, Shift select is coming back in 10.2.1. You won't have the trackpad to complete your selection, but a simple drag down on the screen will do the same thing.
    This would be amazing. Nothing can beat a legacy device when it comes to highlighting text and cut / copy / paste

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-21-14 03:28 PM
    Okay,

sometimes things in life won't make any sense.

But: I am buying a Bold 9900! Yes, you heard it! After owning a MASSIVE Q10 since 05.2013 I bought a Z30 in 12.2013.

The Z30 is a hell of a phone. It makes fun and I can rely on it! But something makes me pull to buttons! Keyboard!

And the end call button! A back button. A re-dial button! A BOLD!

Do I need media? Maybe my music. But I won't watch videos or youtube on a mobile. I am a professional and use my BB only for calls/emails/msg/slight web search. I miss the professional premium stealthy business looks!

I a time, where everyone types on glass, I need a BlackBerry which is TRUE Blackberry! Hands down! No matter what everybody is saying! Keep your iPhones. Keep your plastic Droids. I just want my Bold! I miss it!

And tomorrow I will buy it! I will keep my Z30 for a while. I am real nuts! I know!

I spent some time with customer services today to see if they could add BIS back to my account, he tried a few things and he thinks he got it on. Charging an old 8800 to test it right now and if it works I'll do the same, out with the Q10, in with the 9900 and I'll have the iphone 5 on a data only sim back to being an iPod touch for me.
    01-21-14 03:51 PM
    Boom, the CS guy worked some magic and it's back on. Disaster: I miss the buttons!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1390341896.009748.jpg
    01-21-14 04:05 PM
    Thanks for reading my thread, Mister Chen!
    03-05-14 02:50 PM
91 ... 234