I'd hit it.

Disclaimer: if this post offended you in anyway, or you feel harassed, please message me and I will remove it.
    Word to the mutha..

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    09-25-14 03:56 PM
    To be fair the CDMA network is kind of antiquated and aside from the big V, very few carriers use it around the world. I think it made sense for BlackBerry to avoid the expense of creating a CDMA version to reduce exposure if it's not successful, having said that if it does well I believe you'll see a version for CDMA down the road. BlackBerry just can't take another huge risk after the Z10 debacle

Posted with my Q10
    Hmmmm. I guess.

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    09-25-14 04:00 PM
    You have to wonder why AT&T didn't want to do the exclusive launch right away. That means that no of the major US carriers wanted the Passport. AT&T agreed to carry it as an exclusive but only at some later date? The only reason I can think of for this is that AT&T wants to see how popular the phone is before they actually have to invest any time and money into it.
    09-25-14 04:04 PM
    Complain to Verizon. Exclusivity basically means nobody else wanted it or wanted it at the price they were selling it
    Really? Complain to Verizon? How about complain to BBRY for not making a VZW compliant device?

VZW is not in the business to design and manufacture phones. They sell phones that others have built.

If BBRY cannot negotiate a minimum purchase requirement, that's on BBRY, not VZW.

Penned via Tapatalk
    09-25-14 04:24 PM
    You can buy it unlocked on amazon and shopbb. So what's the issue?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Sprint doesn't use gsm SIM cards
    You cant use unlocked phones on them

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-25-14 04:43 PM
    You have to wonder why AT&T didn't want to do the exclusive launch right away. That means that no of the major US carriers wanted the Passport. AT&T agreed to carry it as an exclusive but only at some later date? The only reason I can think of for this is that AT&T wants to see how popular the phone is before they actually have to invest any time and money into it.
    Agreed they probably want to see if it sells on its own through Amazon, BlackBerry etc

Posted with my Q10
    Oscar Buendia likes this.
    09-25-14 05:10 PM
    What Bbry could have done was make a cdma model to sell unlocked with bands supporting VZW and Sprint. That's how you get and keep customers here. A Lot of us have grandfathered plans for one. AT&T has the absolute worst plans in the states, with so little support in the US why not cast a bigger net? To top it off I am still waiting to find out if the unlocked GSM model will even work on TMo, I've been told the band's currently on Passport will only support 2g here?? What good is that? Many of us would gladly pay full price for a phone that worked on our carrier. Can't be that hard to make and since you can have GSM on board as well it's a no brainer. Add $100 onto the Cdma model and it will still sell to all the Sprint - VZW customers. Think Chen!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:58 PM
    Just buy it unlocked and use it on Verizon if you're in VoLTE market.

What Bbry could have done was make a cdma model to sell unlocked with bands supporting VZW and Sprint. That's how you get and keep customers here. A Lot of us have grandfathered plans for one. AT&T has the absolute worst plans in the states, with so little support in the US why not cast a bigger net? To top it off I am still waiting to find out if the unlocked GSM model will even work on TMo, I've been told the band's currently on Passport will only support 2g here?? What good is that? Many of us would gladly pay full price for a phone that worked on our carrier. Can't be that hard to make and since you can have GSM on board as well it's a no brainer. Add $100 onto the Cdma model and it will still sell to all the Sprint - VZW customers. Think Chen!

Posted via CB10
    Both Tmobile and AT$T use b4 1700 for LTE. Unlocked AT$T phone is capable of receiving LTE on tmobile.
    Last edited by Aleij Barb; 09-25-14 at 06:22 PM.
    09-25-14 06:09 PM
    It's not Cdma compatible. It won't work on Verizon or Sprint

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:22 PM
    So 1700 band works on TMO? I really want this phone but laying out $600+ and finding out after it only works on AT&T would suck. Don't know how any Data users can afford their plans unless they have older plans.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:26 PM
    Verizon is phasing out CDMA. So what's the issue?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:28 PM
    Hopefully the classic will be available with Verizon????

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    09-25-14 06:39 PM
    So 1700 band works on TMO? I really want this phone but laying out $600+ and finding out after it only works on AT&T would suck. Don't know how any Data users can afford their plans unless they have older plans.

Posted via CB10
    For LTE, yes. I doubt HSDPA though, specs don't list HSPA. I think a big concern is will Wifi calling work.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:45 PM
    I don't understand why all cell companies can't just sell all phones online????

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:46 PM
    Verizon is phasing out CDMA. So what's the issue?

Posted via CB10
    By time Verizon is completely done with CDMA the Passport will be an afterthought in everyone's mind.

VoLTE is only turned on in select Verizon phones, will not work on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    PJD642 likes this.
    09-25-14 06:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    IT WORKS ON TMOBILE. I have one in NYC on Tmobile and I get 4GLTE. Now get it
    09-25-14 07:11 PM
    I am seeing on other posts that their is a lot of confusion in regards to if the device is going to work or not with US Carriers... and some ask Bla1ze but no answer... Bla1ze / Crackberry team? Can you help us find out? will the unlocked phone work? Why only AT&T? Should we expect more carriers to launch?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:56 PM
    Really? Complain to Verizon? How about complain to BBRY for not making a VZW compliant device?

VZW is not in the business to design and manufacture phones. They sell phones that others have built.

If BBRY cannot negotiate a minimum purchase requirement, that's on BBRY, not VZW.

Penned via Tapatalk
    Carriers and OEMs do sometimes work together. The Storm was a direct result of VZW wanting a phone to compete with the iPhone on AT&T.

The Passport is just such a different phone from everything else out there that VZW was probably a little uneasy about it. Especially when the Z10s, Q10s and Z30s they carry haven't been flying off the shelf.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-25-14 09:11 PM
    So sick of this crap from BlackBerry. First the 9810 GSM only, now again with the Passport. I'm not even talking about selling it through the carriers...we can't even buy and use the device since they refused to make it work on CDMA. Annoying to say the least.
    Well what do you do when america makes rules favouring CDMA only technology. CDMA maybe technically superior in many ways to GSM but hey when you can't move around the Globe with one number why would anyone use CDMA?
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-28-14 01:27 AM
    Do we know is this ATT exclusivity unlimited? Maybe is limited for few months.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:06 AM
    Hopefully but

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:51 PM
    I had been waiting a long time for the Passport launch (not counting the time we waited for the Z30 that never came out for sprint) and was really excited and BAM... I literally felt this way after hearing about the exclusivity with AT&T and the fact that the unlocked phones will not work with Sprint. Who feels the same frustration?

Posted via CB10
    Dump Sprint. I left them after being a customer of theirs for 10 years and couldn't be happier, and I went T-Mobile. Their network is worst of all 4 majors IMHO because of the wimax fiasco putting them behind now in LTE rollout. Sprint and Verizon will likely have least BlackBerry support for some time as they are niche networks from a BlackBerry support perspective because of CDMA requirement.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-28-14 02:02 PM
    I was super duper pissed when I heard about AT&T being exclusive.

I got 6 lines with Sprint and they're all under contract. I just can't leave Sprint....
    Sure you can. Almost every carrier is offering a buy out others ETF's right now.

09-28-14 04:10 PM
    Can anyone confirm Passport working well on T-Mo USA? I have one phone left on Sprint contract but even if TM doesn't pay my ETF I'm switching. Just had enough of not being able to have the phone I want with Sprint. Love my Q10 but wanted a Z30 and now a passport. As long as it works on T-Mo (I know, no wifi calling) I'm out. And as far as AT&T, no thanks, biggest ripoff in mobile in the states. Double throttled Data, Woohoo, TM is unlimited, not throttled, and much cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:10 PM
    Sure you can. Almost every carrier is offering a buy out others ETF's right now.

Sure we, he can! If we, he wants to pay two times the price for the same service. Sorry, I forgot ATT will double your data for a LIMITED TIME. After that hold on to your arsh.
    09-28-14 04:34 PM
81 1234