Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By playbookster
  • 2 Post By Cracklen
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Disappointed with the CBC

According to this article at MobileSyrup http://t.co/GwNWnaWq. The CBC says there is no app needed for CBCMusic on the PlayBook, which makes sense because they use flash and the PlayBook can run flash. The disappointing thing is the comment about BlackBerry smartphones "we hope to have a Blackberry solution in the future, but no app is imminent."

What does everybody here think of the CBC not supporting BlackBerry? Especially considering the tools that are available, especially WebWorks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

cbc gets our tax dollars.. the least they could do is support the canadian platform.
    Thanked by:
    bitek (05-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

No one should or will support BB until they are close to releasing BB10, and RIM should have a dude that goes to all the popular app makers and pays them to make for BB10. There, all RIM's problems solved in half a paragraph, no need to have a bloated workforce and 386 CEO,COO,COW,CAO,CLO,C%$....etc, you get the idea. You're welcome RIM.
    CrackBerry Addict

RIM and CBC, both Canadian. Big opportunity for advertising their but no...CBC doesn't understand. People like ads and parternships that are of the same country, but a lot of companies don't realize it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playbookster View Post
    cbc gets our tax dollars.. the least they could do is support the canadian platform.
    Considering how much money the CBC steals...I mean, receives from the Canadian taxpayer, you would think that they would be able to support the Blackberry platform better than they currently do.
    The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hmmm I tried the search field for one of the more recent threads where i mentioned CBCMusic vs "slackerradio" ..nada ! Instead this seemingly more appropriate (albeit olde) thread popped up !

Anywho, I had a spare few moments to also {i'm sure the posters on this thread previously did } send off a email to CBCMusic, "..How about an app for our RIM BlackBerry Playbooks.?! Even Senor Mansbridge has been known to use a Playbook. "
    Within 24hr received a actual response and expressively not a form style !
    "...Thanks for your note! We are told CBC Music works on the Playbook and an app is not needed? How is your experience on it? "
    I found that in my inbox, so responded, "
    Yes it does 'work' thru the browser, but not as good as I expected !
    I actually did 'plug' CBCMusic over the native 'slacker radio' (reportedly a stripped-down free vers.) app, on threads on the BBPlaybook forum within crackberry.com Even though I found my experience with SR thru their native app (factory) embedded on the PB does work a waaaay lot better ! Maybe CBC should look into chatting with RIM about including the link (if not a qnx app) on their browser interface, within a upcoming OS upgrade ! Maybe the much (chatted-up) BB10 OS which is said not to only be on their new phone, but also for the PB ! Alas considering it it to be rolled out in Jan. your people are likely to late
    "
    The following a.m. fd in my inbox;
    ".... We have a BB10 app ready to go for early 2013, also working on a mobile web version of the site so we don't need to update 3 different apps... "

The trolls and naysayers are sure to have some thoughts, but on the surface it is terrific to hear that there are 'entities' that are still taking RIM seriously and 'moving fwd.' with contributions to enhance the RIM/BB product community !!
    "G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! " djc'99

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

I have to say, CBC Music does work very well over the Playbook browser. An app would be nice, but honestly it would be more for the sake of a press release and another title to add to the store than anything else, really.

Same goes for SiriusXM; they recently updated their web player to HTML5 (it used to be Windows Media only--yuck) and it works beautifully on the PB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Disappointed with the CBC

".....app would be nice, but honestly it would be more for the sake of a press release and another title to add to the store than anything else,real...."

Sadly that seems based on the actions of the masses that is what it's all about , ehhhhhh !?
    "G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! " djc'99
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts

All CBC audio broadcasts, whether live or archived, work very well on the PB browser. I usually listen to Age of Persuasion podcasts on long car trips, bridged to my phone, and they don't skip a beat.

PlayBook - you DON'T need an app for that!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

There is a CBC News app. We all know there is no bookmarking for the browser so what gives. All that's needed is a launcher is that to difficult for them to manage.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Cbc should be fully supporting blackberry