Hey guys, I have a problem. I've been a Verizon customer since 1998 (family plan) and have not had any issues with them in all that time. Last year my wife got an iphone and there is no turning back. This is her device of choice, and pretty much lives in her Apple eco-system (iphone, itouch, Macbook Pro, ipad). She has never complained of service and even says that she gets better call quality with her AT&T iphone then she did with her verizon based dumb phones i.e. Lg Env2, Razr. I really hate having two seperate carriers. I tried the Torch over the summer and though it was really nice. I just had two issues. 1. I really don't like how they just glued the call/send panel on the device. It really bothered me how easily it came off. Even the new Style was better made. 2 more power, I mean it is only slightly better than my Storm 2.

Both Plans are with unlimited data, so I would have to sacrifice one of them. Another thing that is a major factor is the "Verion iphone" and possible "Storm 3" which a good friend of mine who is in the business said that it was already in the verizon system for sales.

Currently, I'm at the wait and see stage. The suspense is really killing me, because I want to save $40-$50 a month by going back to my family plan, any thoughts?
    01-06-11 11:43 AM
    So what exactly IS your question?? asking for "thoughts" without a clear-cut question seems an invitation to a wide-ranging and potentially fruitless thread. how about being specific?
    01-06-11 12:34 PM
    If you switch to ATT, you don't have to get the Torch, right? ATT offers other BB's? Also, you should know that if you switch to ATT, you probably won't be able to get or keep your unlimited plan. They stopped doing that and if you upgrade or change your plan in any way, you lose being gradfathered in for unlimited.

Otherwise, I guess you need to just find what carrier/phone works best for you and go with that.

Not sure that helps, though Good luck!
    01-06-11 12:43 PM
    Well dave, I guess in a nutshell. What would be the best possible option?
    1. Just wait a little longer for Storm 3 and iphone (verizon)? or
    2. iphone and Torch?
    01-06-11 12:48 PM
    Well dave, I guess in a nutshell. What would be the best possible option?
    1. Just wait a little longer for Storm 3 and iphone (verizon)? or
    2. iphone and Torch?
    You are asking for an opinion of mine that can't be forthcoming because I don't have the facts. S3 is a rumor. Verizon iPhone is STILL just a rumor, despite all the efforts of modern man to unearth the hidden details of such a possibility. Best I can say is wait until things are made clearer in the next few months. NOW is not a time to decide such things.
    01-06-11 01:45 PM
    You are asking for an opinion of mine that can't be forthcoming because I don't have the facts. S3 is a rumor. Verizon iPhone is STILL just a rumor, despite all the efforts of modern man to unearth the hidden details of such a possibility. Best I can say is wait until things are made clearer in the next few months. NOW is not a time to decide such things.
    dave, my apologies if I was vague. I appreciate your opinion. It actually helps.
    Thanks again.
    01-06-11 06:32 PM
    dave, my apologies if I was vague. I appreciate your opinion. It actually helps.
    Thanks again.
    it did?? I didn't think I provided anything of value! (but I'm happy if I actually did write something of use)
    01-06-11 08:01 PM
    If you wait, something new will come out shortly after you get that shiny new device you may desire...

I have had both carriers at one time or another and don't like either one, lol!

Tmobile has served me well.

But, I would go with your gut....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD