Hey guys,

I have the VZ Blackberry and obviously it has the GPS disabled. I am looking to get a puck for it so I can use GPS. I do a lot of hiking and geocaching. I am looking for an app where I can punch in a location via Lat. and longitude and it give me an arrow or direction of where I should be headed. It doesnt need to have terrain maps or anything. Im looking to use it in my car and also while I hike. Also, from your experience, what puck and software combo work the best. Thanks guys.
    05-23-08 08:50 PM
    Look around in this forum. I saw JRSCCivic98's post referring you here. A lot of us use the Freedom Keychain 2000. It comes with no software and works with any. Read the posts over the past few months and you'll learn a lot about it, then if you still have questions, ask away. I don't do geocaching, so I can't help with that.
    05-23-08 10:45 PM
    I believe there is at least one geocache application for the bb. I think it is commercial. You might check the rest of the threads here. The thing to keep in mind is that the phone probably has less battery power (hours of use) than a "real" hiking gps.
    05-24-08 12:56 AM
    http://www.geocachenavigator.com/ is a commercial (not too expensive) application that works with any GPS (internal or puck). It is a compass and not a map and it relies on your data service to communicate with geocaching.com
    05-26-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD